Author Topic: Proposal to Resolve a Million Issues at Once  (Read 58962 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Re: Proposal to Resolve a Million Issues at Once
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2014, 06:28:10 am »
Yes I especially like the idea of bringing BitShares under one banner and bootstrapping one main BitUSD to the world. (Before someone else does.) Let's do it! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fsujXw267XQ

There was always going to be one main bitUSD.  This doesn't mean that DACs won't utilize their own bitUSD to facilitate trading/remove volatility, it is just that the VOTE DAC won't be so cool.  Cool functionality will likely go back to KeyID which can self-fund. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2014, 06:28:23 am »
If this is going to be the plan, we should have some sort of press release explaining it to the world.

I think emphasis should be put on "merger" of btsx/ags/pts/etc in order to simplify things, rather than on "dilution".
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

sumantso

« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2014, 06:30:25 am »
Is the main problem is that BTSX suddenly needs money? We were told that as value increases money will always be there, and BTSX value has gone up 5-6x since launch. Maybe they shouldn't have used AGS money to pump invest in BTSX in the first place.

Instead of all these inflating/merging/competing etc just try and increase the value of BTSX itself by improving it and, more importantly, marketing it. We have been hearing since January how awesome the marketing will be, and that we will be blown away by what is in store, and yet there is nothing.

Even a rudimentary Bitcointalk presence would've helped. Is Brian in charge of all this? I will contact a few people there and see if they can have any proposal on the cheap. It probably takes a couple of BTCs to put up ads there, you wouldn't even notice that bloody amount. If you had done it better there would've been a lot more AGS funds, just look at Ethereum.

Even now Note pre-sale is on and does anybody outside this bubble forum know that?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2014, 06:43:02 am »
I agree with gamey and happybit.

As bytemaster has said in https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10150.0  Only 26% out of 51% of votes have to disagree and this loses.  As 75% of 51% voting need to agree to destroying bitshares PTS

Offline youlonghun

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2014, 06:46:44 am »
Its a good idea,but i cant agree with the dilution of BTSX。it may causes bad result,change idea again and again,people will not believe in you anymore。

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2014, 06:47:23 am »
When the BTSX price is down to 2 cents tomorrow because "dilution" rumors, maybe you should use some more of the funds to support the price. :P

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2014, 06:52:45 am »
Its a good idea,but i cant agree with the dilution of BTSX。it may causes bad result,change idea again and again,people will not believe in you anymore。

Some faith will be lost, but will increased funding overcome that ?   

That is the question.

It all depends on how the funding is spent.  Nothing more IMO.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2014, 06:58:32 am »
Is the main problem is that BTSX suddenly needs money? We were told that as value increases money will always be there, and BTSX value has gone up 5-6x since launch. Maybe they shouldn't have used AGS money to pump invest in BTSX in the first place.

THe problem is all the volatility.  We were operating with BTC, now we are operating with BTSX.  BTSX has been going down.  What is the right move ?  It isn't they suddenly need money, it is that the marketcap has slowly been decreasing along with everyone else.  So...... you change plans before you go bust.

It isn't just Bitshares who has this problem.  Look at Ethereum etc when BTC tanked. 

This will all come to down to proper management if inflation is to succeed.  It will also come down to faith in the management. 

Offline testz

« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2014, 07:14:57 am »
I like idea of AGS/PTS and agree that AGS and PTS shareholders was driven by different unique idea and we should keep them in the system with social consensus for new DACs.

What if, we will make final PTS snapshot combine it with AGS to BitShares Genesis asset and propose hard fork to make this asset liquid - let's shareholders decide it using new voting scheme proposed by bytemaster (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10150)?
This will violate any laws about AGS as securities if shareholders decide and I3 will vote as "Accept Majority"?

Offline 520Bit

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2014, 07:19:52 am »

3) We want to have 1 BitUSD for everything rather than many different BitUSDs

As a community effort we are stronger if we can agree on changes using proof of stake and we should agree once and for all that the majority will rule here.   

My Proposal:

2) End PTS...  BitShares will evolve to incorporate every possible feature that stakeholders vote on.

I love your above two proposals. Change to POS and end PTS.

POS is such a great consensus which PPC has been running for more than two years. I am an AGS investor, I can't sell or transfer my AGS, while PTS investors sell PTS or transfer it anywhere and anytime, I feel a little unfair. I am so upset.

And 1 BitUSD for everything is a correct decision. As you know nubits project, 1 NBT = 1 USD always, this is enough for application.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 07:25:13 am by 520Bit »
Accept BTC/XCP/MSC: 152oBitoBwHwxR5UpUQnsvWSFjYHkheDJk
PTS: PtPXhrP5jk8BPH5fFcPnBgNSrfmJ6DCFcW
PPC: PRT95iQEKUzJSb2XsPjLgdbyoSyKiDmyb9

Offline 天籁

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2014, 07:21:30 am »
 +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

sumantso

« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2014, 07:23:26 am »
POS is such a great consensus which PPC has been running for more than two years. I am an AGS investor, I can't sell or transfer my AGS, while PTS investors sell PTS or transfer it anywhere and anytime, I feel a little unfair. I am so upset.

Were you feeling upset when you got your AGS at a fraction of the PTS cost?

Offline 520Bit

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2014, 07:27:55 am »

Were you feeling upset when you got your AGS at a fraction of the PTS cost?

Anyway, I like 3I put this publicly. I want POS and end PTS, but I do not care if this will happen or not.
Accept BTC/XCP/MSC: 152oBitoBwHwxR5UpUQnsvWSFjYHkheDJk
PTS: PtPXhrP5jk8BPH5fFcPnBgNSrfmJ6DCFcW
PPC: PRT95iQEKUzJSb2XsPjLgdbyoSyKiDmyb9

Offline kbrom

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2014, 07:41:34 am »
I don't think it's a good idea >:( >:( >:(

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2014, 07:43:58 am »
I agree on this concept... bitshares will head up as buyouts happen and a new cycle starts as more people learn about it as it rises.... network affect ensues.

Today looks like NXT and BTSX price met... so maybe this event will help bts price rebound off of nxt to the moon.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag