Author Topic: Proposal to Resolve a Million Issues at Once  (Read 108807 times)

Offline 520Bit

• View Profile
BTSX is now down 10% since this thread was created, with millions of shares dumped on btc38 and bter.

Apparently you dont even need to dilute to lose tons of  market cap, all you have to do is post a thread proposing it.

You should not care about the short term price, long term price is a win.
Accept BTC/XCP/MSC: 152oBitoBwHwxR5UpUQnsvWSFjYHkheDJk
PTS: PtPXhrP5jk8BPH5fFcPnBgNSrfmJ6DCFcW
PPC: PRT95iQEKUzJSb2XsPjLgdbyoSyKiDmyb9

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
1) Drop all other BitShares brands.... rename BitShares X to just BitShares
2) End PTS...  BitShares will evolve to incorporate every possible feature that stakeholders vote on.
3) If there is a clone then it should start out with stakeholders it thinks are best... because BitShares holders are uniting.
4) Add stake holder approved dilution without limit to BitShares X.
5) Bring in all AGS holders and given them a stake in BitShares X that cannot be moved for 6 months... the ratio that this stake should be given should be equal to PTS market cap... so $5 million or 10% dilution of BTSX allocated to these individuals.    This is effectively BTSX buying out our competition. 
6) Bring in one last PTS snapshot also valued at $5 million for another 10% dilution of BTSX... 6 months until funds could be spent... buy out this competition and end PTS.
7) Our team will focus on no other DACs other than BitShares in general and work to make it the most robust and *FLEXIBLE* DAC out there. 
1) OK
2) OK, this was discussed and I think majority wants PTS on BTSX chain as user issued asset
3) ...
4) This is controversial. On one side dilution is beneficial. On the other side it breaks all the promises for max 2B BTSX. I'm neutral here = "accept majority".
5) I'm strongly against evaluating PTS at current prices and buying all of it with dilluted BTSX. There are majority of reasons against this:
0 Breaking all previous promises!
1 One might not want to sell at this prices. This essentially forces them to sell for BTSX at current prices.
2 This is unfair to PTS/AGS holders as they will not get the promised stake in future DACs.
3 Furthermore the original concept was UNDILLUTABLE 10% PTS, 10% AGS and 80% of the DAC distributed how developers see fit. These 80% used by developer might be extremely beneficial as development resource, marketing , operational funds. With the new scheme AGS and PTS both get dillutable 10%. And 80% distributed to BTSX stakeholders. And any development must be funded by dillutuion. Which is unfair to AGS/PTS.
7) OK

I agree that there should be unification of GENESIS assets. However I don't see the proposed solution as fair. What I propose for 6) is to just transfer AGS and PTS to a bitassets and keep the promises.

Another option would be to define dillutiable and non-dillutable BTSX. Where the non-dillutable are created from snapshotting PTS/AGS.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I dont like the part with " unlimited dilution" :/

Stakeholder approved dilution... I say this because the "hard rules" will force us into "consensus busting problems" in the future. 

I am working on ideas for better control over the voting process for "hard forks"....

Can you elaborate the relation between hard fork and dilution limits?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline kbrom

• View Profile
一天一个想法,3I的诚信在哪里?规则就是规则,这样搞和原来的规则差别实在太大了!

lzr1900

Let the picture speak for itself.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
BTSX is falling down,falling down..

touching the 1 week moving average... prepare to buy
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I agree on this concept... bitshares will head up as buyouts happen and a new cycle starts as more people learn about it as it rises.... network affect ensues.

Today looks like NXT and BTSX price met... so maybe this event will help bts price rebound off of nxt to the moon.

I only agree on this if btsx cap is still 2 billion and decreasing from burning... I think the PTS marketcap allocation should be paid for and not be allocated by increasing btsx supply... doing so I am whole heartedly disagreeing to.

Also will there be cases where btsx rises due to snapshot and then sold off again after snapshot similar to pts?

Offline kbrom

• View Profile
我是中国人,英语不好,所以打中文吧。
其他不说,直说增发这一条,是加密货币的大忌,会对3I的公信力造成很恶劣的影响,而且如果增发,对现在只持有BTSX,没有AGS和PTS的人来说非常的不公平!!最近3I一直没什么实质动作,X的价格一直在阴跌,现在又说要增发,市场恐慌了,看看今天价格跌了多少

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
BTSX is now down 10% since this thread was created, with millions of shares dumped on btc38 and bter.

Apparently you dont even need to dilute to lose tons of  market cap, all you have to do is post a thread proposing it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

lzr1900

BTSX is falling down,falling down..

Offline 520Bit

• View Profile
Why not change to POW+POS?

With POW, you can get miners support.

With POS, you can get investors support.

With POW+POS, you can get both.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I agree on this concept... bitshares will head up as buyouts happen and a new cycle starts as more people learn about it as it rises.... network affect ensues.

Today looks like NXT and BTSX price met... so maybe this event will help bts price rebound off of nxt to the moon.

Offline kbrom

• View Profile
I don't think it's a good idea >:( >:( >:(

Offline 520Bit

• View Profile
POS is such a great consensus which PPC has been running for more than two years. I am an AGS investor, I can't sell or transfer my AGS, while PTS investors sell PTS or transfer it anywhere and anytime, I feel a little unfair. I am so upset.

Were you feeling upset when you got your AGS at a fraction of the PTS cost?

Anyway, I like 3I put this publicly. I want POS and end PTS, but I do not care if this will happen or not.

sumantso

POS is such a great consensus which PPC has been running for more than two years. I am an AGS investor, I can't sell or transfer my AGS, while PTS investors sell PTS or transfer it anywhere and anytime, I feel a little unfair. I am so upset.

Were you feeling upset when you got your AGS at a fraction of the PTS cost?