Author Topic: Proposal to Resolve a Million Issues at Once  (Read 108855 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
The damage re: inflation has already been done. There is no turning back, we simply have to implement inflation because that is the only way to have the bitshares superDAC be competitive in the long run. Remember that shares will only ever be issued to fund endevours that are long term profitable and result in a net gain for the shareholders. This will only be positive unless you dont trust the developers and delegates. The only negative coming from implementing inflation is the selloff we are seeing right now, which means the damage has already been done.

No, it's plain to see that the selloff is not just due to the possibility of inflation. This selloff is about bigger issues with the current proposal and perhaps, to some degree, a loss in faith in leadership due to the fact that they are even entertaining such a proposal.

I heard talk of moving some of the dev funding held in BTC into BTSX, in which case the selloff allows more BTSX to be purchased, providing more funding if they do some of that while the price is down.

Also the price has been going down for weeks, it's not all because of this proposal.  There's a lot of uncertainty.  It's people freaking out from not understanding that the proposal makes bitshares much stronger.  If this proposal gets more well fleshed out and goes ahead BTSX (then called BTS) will become invincible. 

This proposal gives me more confidence in the leadership as it demonstrates bytemaster has the guts to take drastic measures to navigate us through the stormy seas of crypto-startup land.

+5% Matt. Agreed 100%. This truly is an excellent proposal to benefit us all, and I for one am ecstatic that BM is open to making such needed changes.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
The damage re: inflation has already been done. There is no turning back, we simply have to implement inflation because that is the only way to have the bitshares superDAC be competitive in the long run. Remember that shares will only ever be issued to fund endevours that are long term profitable and result in a net gain for the shareholders. This will only be positive unless you dont trust the developers and delegates. The only negative coming from implementing inflation is the selloff we are seeing right now, which means the damage has already been done.

No, it's plain to see that the selloff is not just due to the possibility of inflation. This selloff is about bigger issues with the current proposal and perhaps, to some degree, a loss in faith in leadership due to the fact that they are even entertaining such a proposal.

I heard talk of moving some of the dev funding held in BTC into BTSX, in which case the selloff allows more BTSX to be purchased, providing more funding if they do some of that while the price is down.

Also the price has been going down for weeks, it's not all because of this proposal.  There's a lot of uncertainty.  It's people freaking out from not understanding that the proposal makes bitshares much stronger.  If this proposal gets more well fleshed out and goes ahead BTSX (then called BTS) will become invincible. 

This proposal gives me more confidence in the leadership as it demonstrates bytemaster has the guts to take drastic measures to navigate us through the stormy seas of crypto-startup land. 

Offline yellowecho

Anyone care to TL;DR?

How do these proposals effect my allocation in the DACs that have been snapped?

Do I get more BTSX shares?

Or

Does my % of total shares in BTSX fall?

Proposals wouldn't change your allocation in DACs that have been snapped.  You get more BTSX share value regardless of whether its through dilution or new asset issuance.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Ggozzo

Anyone care to TL;DR?

How do these proposals effect my allocation in the DACs that have been snapped?

Do I get more BTSX shares?

Or

Does my % of total shares in BTSX fall?

Offline amatoB

• View Profile

Offline Rune

• View Profile
1. Reducing the Complexity of the BitShares Ecosystem

Collapse AGS and PTS into Genesis, and Genesis into BitShares X.
Collapse BitShares X, Y, Z, .. into BitShares X, and simply call it "BitShares."

2. Funding the BitShares Ecosystem

Vote in BitShares for the issuance of new shares going to elected Delegates.
New DACs can be birthed with ICOs, giving samples to Genesis / BTS holders.

3. Marketing the BitShares Ecosystem

Elected Delegates can propose marketing and raise funds for their projects.
Embedded referral program giving new users 10% back on buying bitUSD
Issue new shares to subsidize YIELD for various bitAssets in the first x months.

Questions

What DACs specifically will, or could be, collapsed into BitShares?
--Would there be different wallets, and if not would it not clutter?
--Wouldn't it be difficult to scale, and if so what is the long term plan?

I agree with this. With the bitshares superDAC it makes no sense to continue to have PTS and AGS though, so they should just be compensated with with BTSX shares equal to their current market valuation. The compensation should be done with a slow trickle over the next year or so.

People are panicking and I really hope to see a bytemaster post outlining something like this as soon as possible. Investors needs to get a message that makes them calm down. Like ive already written the damage from inflation has already been done through this current selloff, so there is really nothing that should prevent it from being implemented.

The important thing is for BM to communicate clearly to all stakeholders why this is in their own interest, and that it will be profitable for them in the long run. Preferably as soon as possible as every moment of uncertainty damages investor confidence.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Collapse BitShares X, Y, Z, .. into BitShares X, and simply call it "BitShares."

Issue new shares to subsidize YIELD for various bitAssets in the first x months.

Questions

could be done as you wrote it.

- what will be happen with DNS, vote, music etc.? how do we "collapse" them into BTS?

what is confusing me ist the fact, that bytemaster was in the past extreme against "one blockchain" because he believed one blockchain can not support the transaction load. what is about this reason you said Ethereum will fail?

Offline yellowecho

I'm also curious about these questions.

Offline pgbit

• View Profile

Questions

I like this summary.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Questions

Offline roadscape

The damage re: inflation has already been done. There is no turning back, we simply have to implement inflation because that is the only way to have the bitshares superDAC be competitive in the long run. Remember that shares will only ever be issued to fund endevours that are long term profitable and result in a net gain for the shareholders. This will only be positive unless you dont trust the developers and delegates. The only negative coming from implementing is the selloff we are seeing right now, that is the damage has already been done.

This. Price will be lowest in uncertain periods. It will bottom out as soon as we start forging a solid path to move forward.
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline yellowecho

Panic selling on Bytemaster community feelers.  Seen it several times before prior to a big jump in price.  8)  These discussions always turn out for the best.. shareholders interest is always #1 priority.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1

BM try to make long-team plan to make bts stonger and stonger ,but there always are confuse.  do it  +5% +5% +5%
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Rune

• View Profile
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:13:26 pm by Rune »

Offline woolcii

• View Profile
crazy price!

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk