Author Topic: Homework: What is the significance of Secada 3301 and the "technotronic era"?  (Read 2082 times)

Offline fuzzy

The solution is to have the one "major personality" that everyone is attracted to and follows, be a decentralized and transparent company rather than a human. As long as we assume all current stakeholders aren't evil plutocrats, we can assume that the DAC will generally be used for good and the liberation of mankind, and especially see it as their moral obligation to obliterate the incumbent elite.

What if most people do not understand crypto and turn to a centralized media organisation that covers crypto for advice on the best projects worth investing in?  If that institution's thought leaders were largely bought and paid for by the mining oligarchy, you can kind of see how a population could be pushed in a direction that has "short term profits" but long term problems for humanity.

It is my belief that POW truly creates an incentive structure that directly appeals to those who would be "plutocrats" if given the chance and we see plenty of pump and dump groups on twitter...that seem to largely fit this bill.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:52:29 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Rune

• View Profile
The solution is to have the one "major personality" that everyone is attracted to and follows, be a decentralized and transparent company rather than a human. As long as we assume all current stakeholders aren't evil plutocrats, we can assume that the DAC will generally be used for good and the liberation of mankind, and especially see it as their moral obligation to obliterate the incumbent elite.

Offline fuzzy

So your theory is that Satoshi Nakamoto is this Cecada 3301 group?

In any case I'm sure they can see what we are doing.

Im simply saying that even the most unpopular opinions should be considered as a possibility.  There does seem to be a huge crossover between the skillsets for which they are searching and those needed to be a significant player in crypto.  It seems like thy are looking specifically for people like dan...but who have the philosophical inclinations that would directly translate to a world with a society where a technocratic elite rule "unrestrained by traditional values".

I cant personally think of a better candidate than certain cryptos to displace traditional economic systems in a way that undermines the majority of humanity. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:33:51 pm by fuzzy »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
So your theory is that Satoshi Nakamoto is this Cecada 3301 group?

In any case I'm sure they can see what we are doing.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline edilliam

Mmmmm Technotronic...

Are you suggesting that Bitcoin may have been set up for the very purpose of appearing to be anonymous, decentralized, Libertarian etc while actually being the antithesis of this?

It is certainly a possibility in my mind.  I'm reaching out to all of you to get everyone thinking about the potentials and to give reasons why/why not.  If you look at the top cryptos...the top 3 seem to represent this "antithesis".  Now with Peercoin, Nubits seems to be in this camp as well.  NXT is the only one in the top 10 (other than, of course, btsx) that does not seem to follow the same, or similar, pattern.  However, there are many ways to co-opt movements and attempts to co-opt them is a rule--not an exception--throughout history.  So the question is out there for two-fold purposes: 
1) to get opinions and
2) to get people thinking of the potential misuse of this tech as we move forward. 

A ledger that documents details of a citizen's every single transaction is a wet dream for an authoritarian state. I agree it's certainly a possibility...

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Mmmmm Technotronic...

Are you suggesting that Bitcoin may have been set up for the very purpose of appearing to be anonymous, decentralized, Libertarian etc while actually being the antithesis of this?

It is certainly a possibility in my mind.  I'm reaching out to all of you to get everyone thinking about the potentials and to give reasons why/why not.  If you look at the top cryptos...the top 3 seem to represent this "antithesis".  Now with Peercoin, Nubits seems to be in this camp as well.  NXT is the only one in the top 10 (other than, of course, btsx) that does not seem to follow the same, or similar, pattern.  However, there are many ways to co-opt movements and attempts to co-opt them is a rule--not an exception--throughout history.  So the question is out there for two-fold purposes: 
1) to get opinions and
2) to get people thinking of the potential misuse of this tech as we move forward.

*2 Cheers* for Fuz

Offline fuzzy

Mmmmm Technotronic...

1) to get opinions and

Offline edilliam

Mmmmm Technotronic...

I've always assumed Cicadia 3301 is recruitment for a secret branch of the Cato Institute or other Libertarian think tank to gather a group of individuals to help prevent the sort of thing you are describing here.

I think mining served a purpose. When I first got my head around Bitcoin I imagined it as a living, breathing, virtual snake that was paying people for its protection via mining. That blew my mind and I loved the idea and would argue with anybody that mining was worth the cost to prevent against a 51% attack. I now realize that it is inefficient when the same protection can be "bought" for smaller sums of money.

Offline fuzzy

β€œIn the technotronic society the trend would seem to be towards the aggregation of the individual support of millions of uncoordinated citizens, easily within the reach of magnetic and attractive personalities exploiting the latest communications techniques to manipulate emotions and control reason.”
― Zbigniew Brzezinski, Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era

"The technetronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities."
― Zbigniew Brzezinski, Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era

"Today we are again witnessing the emergence of transnational elites ... [Whose] ties cut across national boundaries ...It is likely that before long the social elites of most of the more advanced countries will be highly internationalist or globalist in spirit and outlook ... The nation-state is gradually yielding its sovereignty... Further progress will require greater American sacrifices. More intensive efforts to shape a new world monetary structure will have to be undertaken, with some consequent risk to the present relatively favorable American position."

Dan has stated: "Mining is the antithesis of what Bitcoin was meant to be"--was it intended this way from the beginning? 

If so...what can we do about it?  And how?

Opinions wanted...