Author Topic: Tales from the Crypto: FUD thrives where consensus dies- a BTS Halloween Special  (Read 8022 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
But please cut back on the Johnny Walker (Black Label, of course) before posting things at High-Octane times.

I love DAs posts, and I agree with him on this one.

But my guess was crystal meth.

loool !!!

Offline fuzzy

But please cut back on the Johnny Walker (Black Label, of course) before posting things at High-Octane times.

In and out of rehab as explanation for the long absences?

Excessively long, really thought out though often scattered and disconnected writing.

Long absences go hand in hand with that kinda lifestyle with or without rehab.

Some of the most amazing people I have ever met in my life, were also people who had great internal struggles.  Those who do not give up when faced by such constant stress often are some of the strongest people alive...even when they do not know it. 

Much love to all of you. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

merockstar

Excessively long, really thought out though often scattered and disconnected writing.

Long absences go hand in hand with that kinda lifestyle with or without rehab.

Offline onceuponatime

merockstar

Offline fuzzy

I am not sure what to say man.  I never "censored" you.  I have literally only deleted one post--ever, and that was because it was a thread I forgot to "Lock" comments on.  Also, I actually ONLY have the ability to delete/modify within the Beyond Bitcoin (BTS) subforum...so you can check with the moderators for this censorship about which you speak..because it certainly did not come from me. 

If your apology is real, I accept it *with a stunned and curious demeanor*.  If it is once again being a smartass...then I'll make it a point to ignore you.. --> this one is learning to pick his battles and conserve his energy for things that MATTER. 

As for "who I am..." it has nothing to do with being a moderator.  It is more about being someone who knows the world he wants to see for his baby and those for whom he has grown to care over the course of his relatively insignificant (up to this point) life.   Your assumptions, once again, should probably be kept secret until you get your head out of your little booty.  As a matter of fact, I never asked for this position...I do it because they asked me if I would like to...and helping a project I believe in is just too tempting walk away from, especially when you realize Bytemaster is the Crypto George Washington... 

BM was beginning to get mucho aggro from "crypto-Journalists" that I saw the blackout/smear campaigns coming from a mile away...and because I knew the community who invested in his absolutely brilliant technical innovations deserved more than just to sit by and hope someone would acknowledge their presence.

I put the server up and started paying for it out of pocket (along with my friendly, "furry" volunteers--who are too good of people to EVER asked for it, btw) for this very reason.  Soon I will be asking the community to support something else I believe in...but it is not yet time (watch for this). 

I am honestly confused by your posts and am glad you have chosen to pop your head up again you little marmot.  But please cut back on the Johnny Walker (Black Label, of course) before posting things at High-Octane times.  Fair?  I think so...and good luck man.  I hope these types of posts help me work on the places and ways I need to grow and you have probably inadvertently helped with that ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:48:50 am by fuzzy »

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Distributive applications, in fact a more distributive internet is where we are heading. I'm very confident that as long as we all keep an open mind and strive to make progress we will one day see that it was all worth it. I personally still support I3 and this community. My view is that whatever needs to be done in order to move forward should be done.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline kisa

• View Profile
+5% Bravo!!
+5%
+5% to CLains!

DA - really sorry to hear your frustration. Its impressive how much effort you put into destructive remarks. Though letting out anger and getting personal could have a self-calming function medium-term.

Indeed, BM sets high expectations and the results are not set in stone. Targets are moving and previously envisioned path ist almost certain to change... Even ideals are likely to adjust when confronted with real-world hurdles, whereby common sense of leaders and community is expressly desirable at such junctions.

But otherwise investing here wouldn't qualify as risky but promising. By reasonably contributing to any of the projects out there, including BTS, one can make such project just a bit less risky and a bit more promising. So, if you are giving up on BTS - wish you feel better with hard-working and well-intentional NXT semipros or any other project of your choice soon enough!

Edit: Looking at your below post, Decentralised, maybe I overreacted here somewhat - you just seem to be a very sarcastic personality ;). Best of luck with ether then!.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:49:20 pm by kisa0145 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% Bravo!!
+5%

@fuzz: I agree with you. And not really like DA's post this time .. it's alot of blabla .. how about trying to break things down to the ESSENTIALS? instead of being sarcastic and offensive!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:51:46 am by xeroc »

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
The winner must post a victory speech there and if there is no dispute within 3 days, then I will automatically send the funds.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10274.msg134671#msg134671
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10290.msg134959

Thanks to my mom who raised me properly to have an open mind. Thanks to my father for never giving up on his ambitions. Thanks to my brother for educating me in the beauty and perils of argumentation. Thanks to BM and Stan for being totally awesome at every turn. Thanks to trading for giving me the ability to see truth through confusing emotions. Thanks for DA for inspiring me to be more creative and daring. Thanks to fuzznuts, xeroc and everyone else who is working hard and inspiring others in this community. Thanks to Toast for being a real world superhero and coping with all the insanity. Finally thanks to my GF who believes in my abilities to know and love deeply.

+5% Bravo!!
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline fuzzy

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
The winner must post a victory speech there and if there is no dispute within 3 days, then I will automatically send the funds.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10274.msg134671#msg134671
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10290.msg134959

Thanks to my mom who raised me properly to have an open mind. Thanks to my father for never giving up on his ambitions. Thanks to my brother for educating me in the beauty and perils of argumentation. Thanks to BM and Stan for being totally awesome at every turn. Thanks to trading for giving me the ability to see truth through confusing emotions. Thanks for DA for inspiring me to be more creative and daring. Thanks to fuzznuts, xeroc and everyone else who is working hard and inspiring others in this community. Thanks to Toast for being a real world superhero and coping with all the insanity. Finally thanks to my GF who believes in my abilities to know and love deeply.

Offline fuzzy

This is not an effective means of rallying the troops. 

Correct.

This is not an after school Halloween special either, but a horrific massacre of Ebolic proportions, and it will be on display here all week on BTS-TV (reality programming).  While the greater crypto community preps popcorn, the curtain has risen, and we have no time for practicing our routine (or re-learning our lucrative lesson of quick community consensus resolution).  The time for play was back in in May.  Feel that winter chill, the reaper is sharpening his sickle.

This thread is not intended to reach a consensus over the exact amount of subjective future bitnuggets that you thought that you were going to receive extrapolated back to today's specific percentage allocation decimal pointed figure in order for you to not publicly bitch to the world and drag this whole greedy mess out another 20 minutes at the expense of our communitys' childrens' college funds. 

So basically, when it comes to doing a little math for the benefit of the greater community, you bail, but now that it's time to slice your fraction of the pie, you're f'n Einstein, eh?  Why not take all day professor.  Go ahead, and explain to me how dragging this out another week is going to get lil Janie here into Yale?  Yeah, I know math, you greedy little …......

wtf Decentralized.. I was going to say I was glad to see you back.  But you obviously have no clue who I am.  "Greedy???"  First off--chill out and learn to show a modicum of respect to people who sacrifice for something they believe in (and yes, I know i'm by far not alone in this).  If you only knew man...if you only knew.  While you LEFT us, some of us were actually trying our best to keep this rocking and to give people in this community a voice and a toolset around which they could form the foundation for a network effect to grow.  It is what I know how to do best...and so I DID IT.  Sure it is likely not what your Godly math mind can do...but it was SOMETHING while you sat back on your high hill watching complacently from "above". 

I don't know who you are but coming in here saying this crap to me doesn't help anything. Unless, of course, that is your intention.

Now that I have finished defending myself against your ridiculous and childish attack (on someone who you obviously and ignorantly know nothing about) -- I urge you to go take a look at this thread:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10247.0  THAT I STARTED and how it is apparently shaping up to be exactly as you would like to see it.  Does this make you happy?  It does me...even if I LOSE out of the deal...because that is for the greater good. 

*trying realllllly hard to be nice*  Ppppeace and Llllove be with you Decentralized....and I sincerely hope you apologize. 
*deep breath* 

Anyone who wants to leave can pick up their personalized DPOS copy at the door, thanks for playing “The Clone Wars,” feel free to start your own team, good luck, I pick BM... next.... 

If it is not apparent by now that I picked BM 1 year ago and still stand as a fucking ROCK today (not ABANDONING the community, mind you), I have no clue what else to say.  I will give up when Bytemaster directly tells me to leave.  If he feels I am a net negative, then I'll gladly leave this project.  Again...I have followed Bytemaster's advice that he gave me a long time ago when I expressed doubt in myself to him---when he said, "JUST ACT".  There is no doubt I have tried to help at times and made it harder on him...I can only hope that my loyalties outweigh those difficulties.

Get off your high horse and do something REAL.  If it helped BM, I'd be behind you...even though you made me want to headbutt you in the nose...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:41:50 pm by fuzzy »

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Quote from freemarket
The choice is yours:  Fear or Love
  +5%