Author Topic: Snapshots of BTS in a system with BitAssets  (Read 1554 times)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
I think on the surface it solves the problem, but I've wondered if it could cause some peg instability at the moment of the snapshot, and it could also cause big fluctuations in the market cap of bitUSD as people divest to participate in the snapshot.

Relevant discussion

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Everyone knows that when a snapshot of PTS takes place, the value of that snapshot splits off from PTS into the new DAC. With BTSX, couldn't the system be gamed by purchasing BitUSD before the end on the snapshot? What sort of game-theory scenarios are there?

It's been discussed that bitAsset holders should not be included in the snapshot, which (I think) would prevent the scenario you described. It's a fair solution in the sense that if I hold bitUSD, I'm not a shareholder of BTSX, so I shouldn't expect to participate in the snapshot.

I think on the surface it solves the problem, but I've wondered if it could cause some peg instability at the moment of the snapshot, and it could also cause big fluctuations in the market cap of bitUSD as people divest to participate in the snapshot.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Everyone knows that when a snapshot of PTS takes place, the value of that snapshot splits off from PTS into the new DAC. With BTSX, couldn't the system be gamed by purchasing BitUSD before the end on the snapshot? What sort of game-theory scenarios are there?