Author Topic: IMPORTANT: BTS Merger (Poll)  (Read 25921 times)

Offline pendragon3

Now vote only shows that many holders of AGS and BTSX, they are all standing on their own perspective. I hope 3I can consider PTS holders feel, after all PTS is 3I earliest supporters and advocates

Though I am interested in your opinions here (I hold equal weight in both btsx and pts), I do not know that I agree with the premise that PTS is playing second fiddle to AGS or btsx.. 
Can you explain further?

Also...I am an AGS holder too...because I gave away the right to liquidity to fund the construction of the DACs we see today. That was a trade off and could be considered a fair trade by those who donated to AGS.

Keep in mind that most of the PTS donated to AGS are still in our war chest for everybody to see.  They are a key component of our development funds.  We also donated our own funds to AGS pre and post 2/18 and have since bought a large stake of BTSX.  That should provide comfort that we have skin in all three games.  :)

TBH, this is actually not very comforting. After all, it shows you are quite diversified/protected, so from that standpoint you'd be equally happy with almost any allocation, whether fair or not.

Offline davidpbrown

Why does AGS need to change?.. Is that not just static and can remain as it is??
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
The key to this is going to be the pts/ags distribution.

Ags is going to say pts is liquid so they can realize gains after a snapshot by selling their pts.

Pts is going to say ags will now be made liquid so they in turn should have to pay.

I support the merger completely but I have  feeling this distribution is going to be like trying to unite north and south korea.... 

Offline 520Bit

• View Profile
I love the super chain, let's go to it ASAP.
Accept BTC/XCP/MSC: 152oBitoBwHwxR5UpUQnsvWSFjYHkheDJk
PTS: PtPXhrP5jk8BPH5fFcPnBgNSrfmJ6DCFcW
PPC: PRT95iQEKUzJSb2XsPjLgdbyoSyKiDmyb9

Offline JoeyD

AGS is the sole reason we can even talk about PTS/BTS or anything right now. So AGS are the superheroes, we should all receive bitshares capes and start wearing our underwear on the outside. People don't respect superheroes like they used to anymore. Is that the fault of the parents or is it just complaincency?

But on a less serious note, deciding stuff like this on a forum be it poll or not, does not sit well with me at all. But seeing as we don't have a decentralized honest voting mechanism tied to stakes(all of them), it probably is impossible to do this in a fair way.

Personally I am not and probably never will be a proponent of the Cathedral model, so not opposing this move made out of compromise is going against my religion. So either I have lost faith in the Bitshares-priests and think competing religious factions will arise in their wake or I trust that Bytemaster is a saint-like being able to turn a Cathedral into a bazaar, as a tongue in cheek reference on how Cathedrals were born the other way around.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:33:15 pm by JoeyD »

Offline fuzzy

Only the original DAC and PTS can be traded, now change AGS into BTSX, is that AGS can also be traded? Is it not so?

Good question.  I am not certain. Maybe we can get clarification from the team on their intended moves soon.  If you read the beginning post in this thread, you will see my intentions are to gain community consensus (or as close to it as possible) on how to move forward.  I have my opinions, but if the community decides to gut me of my AGS holdings I will still be here...

I personally hope they consider not doing this, however...as I am probably one of the least "whalish" of the old-school holders in bts ecosystem.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline dlh

• View Profile
Only the original DAC and PTS can be traded, now change AGS into BTSX, is that AGS can also be traded? Is it not so?

Offline JuJiShou

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ncn

Offline fuzzy

PTS AGS with the biggest difference is that PTS can free trade business, while AGS can't; so exchange AGS ratio is relatively high, but now the PTS with the AGS as to deal with it, is not unfair to PTS? This is not to let AGS can become a deal? Is not with the original issuing AGS contrary to the original intention?

I still do not see how it is unfair as those who donated to AGS still did so with the knowledge that they were risking FAR more than PTS.  PTS holders who have no AGS will have a hard time understanding that the relative risk they had by holding PTS could be liquidated at any time during the most critical growth phases of the project (when risk was Highest)...AGS knew the risk and took it anyway fully expecting to never be made liquid.  So to me it comes down to loyalty (and if loyalty deserves higher rewards)...but that is just me and as you probably know by now I'm borderline crazy in my loyalties sometimes. 

P.S.  even if AGS are made liquid, I have no intention of liquidating them.  I want to see what an older, wiser Bytemaster has in store for me 15 years from now...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:16:42 pm by fuzzy »

Offline dlh

• View Profile
PTS AGS with the biggest difference is that PTS can free trade business, while AGS can't; so exchange AGS ratio is relatively high, but now the PTS with the AGS as to deal with it, is not unfair to PTS? This is not to let AGS can become a deal? Is not with the original issuing AGS contrary to the original intention?

Offline fuzzy

Now vote only shows that many holders of AGS and BTSX, they are all standing on their own perspective. I hope 3I can consider PTS holders feel, after all PTS is 3I earliest supporters and advocates

Though I am interested in your opinions here (I hold equal weight in both btsx and pts), I do not know that I agree with the premise that PTS is playing second fiddle to AGS or btsx.. 
Can you explain further?

Also...I am an AGS holder too...because I gave away the right to liquidity to fund the construction of the DACs we see today. That was a trade off and could be considered a fair trade by those who donated to AGS.

Keep in mind that most of the PTS donated to AGS are still in our war chest for everybody to see.  They are a key component of our development funds.  We also donated our own funds to AGS pre and post 2/18 and have since bought a large stake of BTSX.  That should provide comfort that we have skin in all three games.  :)

So any sacrifice we must make, we can take heart in the knowledge that Invictus is sacrificing equally...and would ONLY be doing so because it is seen as a substantial improvement. 

Makes me glad to know that I tried to mirror I3's investment strategy :)

...mind to let us know what you are planning to do with DNS you hold?  As an AGS holder, I personally intend on holding long for all Invictus DACs. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:17:59 pm by fuzzy »

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Any confirmation on VOTE tech + team joining BTS? 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:00:29 pm by matt608 »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Can you explain further?

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Can you explain further?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 12:41:29 pm by fuzzy »

Offline dlh

• View Profile