Author Topic: IMPORTANT: BTS Merger (Poll)  (Read 25925 times)

Offline BTS007

• View Profile
BTS ID:bts007

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline 00091lacer

• View Profile
BTSX60% PTS 15%  AGS 15% DNS 10%
BTSX and AGS said "yes" 
PTS and DNS said "no"
So BTSX and AGS  is win?Right?
Are you kidding me?

Offline davidpbrown

Fu--c-k  +5%

事实证明:BM是一头猪!
That is hell of a contribution to the discussion .. would you take at least the same amount of time it took you to register your account and write something _valuable_!?

//edit: your lucky I am not a mod .. I wouldn't tolerate users like youposts like that

Sorry but trying to resist people's expression of frustration like that, will be futile. It seems obvious that's most likely not directed at BM but the sum total of sudden changes mooted. A change to heavy moderation and any step to centralisation; making PTS illiquid etc, all add up to be exactly at odds with what some will have expected. I wonder the rush to meet 5th Nov hasn't helped.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
bts game over!
And you registered here to tell us this?! Was worth it .. for sure!

Offline naschain

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Fu--c-k  +5%

That is hell of a contribution to the discussion .. would you take at least the same amount of time it took you to register your account and write something _valuable_!?

//edit: your lucky I am not a mod .. I wouldn't tolerate users like youposts like that

Offline f_bull

• View Profile
Fu--c-k  +5%

chryspano

I can understand the worries about the duration of the frozen period(PTS, DNS, VOTE)
I believe in BM and if he proposed this deal I'm sure he has his reasons for the best.

Offline pvkpp

• View Profile
We do not oppose the merger, but against the PTS, AGS, DNS, Vote in the frozen period is too long

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I hold AGS PTS and BTSX, and what I can see is some poor excuses from people holding mostly pts to get a better deal, at least that's the feeling I get reading some posts.

I must remind to all those pts only, holders out there that the social consensus says to distribute an equal amount to both AGS and PTS holders from a new DAC, when the DAC is out both can liquidate the shares they got from this DAC. The only difference is that you can liquidate your pts at any point but you WILL NOT get any shares from future DACs.

As someone that holds both pts and ags (and btsx) I have a question for you.... why don't you ask/demand the obvious, to be able to liquidate your newly bts acquired from pts from day 1 and instead you are asking to get a better deal?

Do you really think the current deal is unfair to you or you are just greedy? I believe that the BM deal  is actually fair for everyone, or as close to fair as it can get.

BM has my vote.

The whining is about:
1st not about the better deal. Just about the promised deal.
2nd Liquidity is also something much discussed. It is an issue for DNS/PTS/VOTE and it is completely wrong IMHO.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:53:38 am by emski »

Offline pvkpp

• View Profile
"PTS/DNS/VOTE three and BTSX, were I spend time and money to support the 3I company's products, but also are of equal status has been in circulation state property, dominates the 3I have what reason to lock the user property rights? 3I can lock the user to own property right to control, then who dare to buy 3I products?"

We do not oppose the merger, but against the PTS, AGS, DNS, Vote in the frozen period is too long
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:43:07 am by pvkpp »

chryspano

I hold AGS PTS and BTSX, and what I can see is some poor excuses from people holding mostly pts to get a better deal, at least that's the feeling I get reading some posts.

I must remind to all those pts only, holders out there that the social consensus says to distribute an equal amount to both AGS and PTS holders from a new DAC, when the DAC is out both can liquidate the shares they got from this DAC. The only difference is that you can liquidate your pts at any point but you WILL NOT get any shares from future DACs.

As someone that holds both pts and ags (and btsx) I have a question for you.... why don't you ask/demand the obvious, to be able to liquidate your newly bts acquired from pts from day 1 and instead you are asking to get a better deal?

Do you really think the current deal is unfair to you or you are just greedy? I believe that the BM deal  is actually fair for everyone, or as close to fair as it can get.

BM has my vote.

Offline amencon

• View Profile
"Fair" is certainly subjective, but I would argue that there is a floor and a ceiling on the acceptable range of subjectivity. Anything outside of those extreme boundaries I would label as "provably" unfair. For example, we know that AGS and PTS were promised at least 10% in future DACs. ALL ELSE BEING EQUAL it would make sense to grant them equal stake in the SuperDAC. But all else is not equal for the following reasons:

1) You have to discount AGS in order to compensate for "gifting" them with liquidity. The exact value of this discount is subjective, but I would argue that this value is objectively NON-ZERO.
2) Now we have BM proposing that the currently liquid PTS would actually be subject to a vesting period! Wow, this tips the scales even further. How much? I dunno, but again this is a NON-ZERO amount.

As a corollary I would argue that the liquidity discount from point #1 was actually decided by the market already. The AVG dollar-for-dollar difference in stake between AGS and PTS investment was due solely to the fact that AGS was "locked in" (illiquid). This premium paid by PTS investors is in fact the experimentally proven value of liquidity.
Sounds sensible.  You have any plans of taking a crack at an allocation distribution layout?  I'm too lazy to crunch the numbers myself tonight or writing up any justifications for them, but I think you'd probably do a good job.

Offline fuzzy

1) You have to discount AGS in order to compensate for "gifting" them with liquidity. The exact value of this discount is subjective, but I would argue that this value is objectively NON-ZERO.
2) Now we have BM proposing that the currently liquid PTS would actually be subject to a vesting period! Wow, this tips the scales even further. How much? I dunno, but again this is a NON-ZERO amount.

See...now when you put it in these terms (instead of calling me names and attacking me personally) I can see where you are coming from.  And I (as a PTS Holder too!) agree. 

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D