Other > Keyhotee

Why will I continue mining on Keyhotee after create Keyhotee ID?

(1/3) > >>

JustHayden:
Alright. I'm looking forward to seeing what Keyhotee can grow into!

bytemaster:

--- Quote from: JustHayden on November 25, 2013, 07:44:13 am ---
--- Quote from: bytemaster on November 25, 2013, 07:23:47 am ---
--- Quote from: JustHayden on November 25, 2013, 07:05:44 am ---So I'm hearing a lot about this reputation point system, and if you scam you throw all this reputation away, which raises a few questions:

1. If someone scams another user in Keyhotee, how exactly can the scammed user effect the scammers reputation? What if he didn't scam and this other guy is just string the pot?

2. If someone has a mining rig, which can grow his reputation quickly, whos to say he wont scam a user with his account which has a high reputation, create a new ID, and scam again? I'm sure that system could be very profitable.

3. (connected to question 2) Assuming question 2 does happen, why is it that these people with mining rigs, which can grow their IDs reputation quickly, are more trusted throughout the web?

4. What if a scam is done outside of Keyhotee, but the scammer uses his Keyhotee (high reputation) as a vouch?

Just a few hitches I've thought about over the last week, hope theres an answer for these!

--- End quote ---

1) The resulting reputation system is another layer for future development.   But for now think of it like a forum handle, your name is known in the community and people begin to trust it.  If I were to suddenly 'scam' someone the accusations could be found with google and others would come to know me as a scammer.  My only option is to reset my ID. 

--- End quote ---

What if the accusation is false? How are we to determine if a user actually scammed, or if the accuser is lying?

Also unrelated,  when can we see screenshots of Keyhotee? I'm very interested in seeing the layout and how everything will work. I'm also working on gathering the money for a founders ID ($175 scammed in lingo, other $700 loaned out).

--- End quote ---

The systems for justice and arbitration of dispute are a few years out.   We hope to have software in your hands in just a few short weeks.

JustHayden:

--- Quote from: bytemaster on November 25, 2013, 07:23:47 am ---
--- Quote from: JustHayden on November 25, 2013, 07:05:44 am ---So I'm hearing a lot about this reputation point system, and if you scam you throw all this reputation away, which raises a few questions:

1. If someone scams another user in Keyhotee, how exactly can the scammed user effect the scammers reputation? What if he didn't scam and this other guy is just string the pot?

2. If someone has a mining rig, which can grow his reputation quickly, whos to say he wont scam a user with his account which has a high reputation, create a new ID, and scam again? I'm sure that system could be very profitable.

3. (connected to question 2) Assuming question 2 does happen, why is it that these people with mining rigs, which can grow their IDs reputation quickly, are more trusted throughout the web?

4. What if a scam is done outside of Keyhotee, but the scammer uses his Keyhotee (high reputation) as a vouch?

Just a few hitches I've thought about over the last week, hope theres an answer for these!

--- End quote ---

1) The resulting reputation system is another layer for future development.   But for now think of it like a forum handle, your name is known in the community and people begin to trust it.  If I were to suddenly 'scam' someone the accusations could be found with google and others would come to know me as a scammer.  My only option is to reset my ID. 

--- End quote ---

What if the accusation is false? How are we to determine if a user actually scammed, or if the accuser is lying?

Also unrelated,  when can we see screenshots of Keyhotee? I'm very interested in seeing the layout and how everything will work. I'm also working on gathering the money for a founders ID ($175 scammed in lingo, another $700 loaned out).

bytemaster:

--- End quote ---

2) Regardless of how much mining power you have, there is a limited nonce search space and limited block production rate.  As a result there is a limit to how fast you can mine your ID that is entirely outside your control.  More hash power cannot help you. 

3) Someone with a lot of mining power would have to mine many names all at once.  In this event when one name is labeled a scammer, they just adopt another.  This process is why you do not rely ONLY on this metric.   It is just one metric among many and the only thing it indicates is how much energy was put into a name.   Clearly a scammer could put a lot of energy into names to help his scams... but then again anyone who trusts this metric alone is foolish.

4) A traditional web-of-trust has the problems of sock puppets.  All mining your name does is increase the cost of these sock puppets.  It also shows that you 'support the network' and can serve as a 'first-line-of-defense'.     Web-of-trust systems are graphs with vertices connected by weights.   By mining your name we add value to the vertices themselves and this value is 'individual investment' or 'time and energy committed to securing the network'.    It doesn't tell you everything, but it does tell you something.

5) A scammer that decides to mine 10 names at once and thus pays for these names with hash power benefits the network and yet he must still invest in these 10 names in other ways that give them a real reputation.   In fact, names that have high mining behind them but no public activity, record, or real history may be more suspicious. 

In conclusion, extra mining of your Keyhotee ID may be useful for certain things or it may not.  At the very least it is a way of giving your ID credit for contributing to the network and I am sure people will find creative things to use these IDs for.   

JustHayden:
So I'm hearing a lot about this reputation point system, and if you scam you throw all this reputation away, which raises a few questions:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version