Author Topic: Proposed Allocation for Merger  (Read 41885 times)

Offline pariah99

• I'm so meta even this acronym.
    • View Profile
Re: Proposed Allocation for Merger
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2014, 10:02:31 pm »
If you want to cash in your DNS/PTS, you are doing so at a heavy discount due to money leaving those currencies after BM's announcement.  Eventually, it will equilibrate, but I don't see the added need to attach a vesting period.

The only currency transfer that I believe should have a vesting period are *definitely* AGS and probably VOTE, since it's not liquid yet.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2014, 10:03:14 pm »
i wil say it again - this is not a merger.

all the DNS buyers on BTER got screwed big time. only BTSX are cared, but we only do it because bytemaster was on the move to VOTE. sorry i don't buy it. i just lost a big junk of my invested money without need. i invested in AGS because i liked the competing DACs. My bad, that most of my money was invested after the BTSX snapshot. So my portion in BTSX was small. I bought a couple of BTSX on BTER.

So i was just happy to see my taken risk gotten be rewarded with the coming DACs DNS and Vote , Music as well. Play will come and now we "vote" to merge. But my stakes has no votes. i am delitued the most.

- my after the BTSX AGS snapshot got not much
- my DNS are valued nothing
- my VOTE are valued nothing

question is why we are doing this? just to simplify anything? sorry i don't buy it. the whole merger is in big favor of all the supporters before the BTSX snapshot.

why not just throw BTSX away take a fair AGS Snapshot and allocte PTS in some way?

i can tell, because it will upset the big fish who are invested before the BTSX snapshot and will get in the new BTS chain less then now.

don't call it a merger - it is not!

every promise was broken.

i am in favor of the idea, but how the AGS/PTS + DNS + VOTES are treated is shameful.

on this emerging mumble session bytemaster said "no, only AGS and PTS will be merged with BTSX" just a couple hours BTSX is thucking everything in.

sry, that i am upset, but if you "merge" someone has to lose and that's me.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2014, 10:06:21 pm »
i wil say it again - this is not a merger.

all the DNS buyers on BTER got screwed big time. only BTSX are cared, but we only do it because bytemaster was on the move to VOTE. sorry i don't buy it. i just lost a big junk of my invested money without need. i invested in AGS because i liked the competing DACs. My bad, that most of my money was invested after the BTSX snapshot. So my portion in BTSX was small. I bought a couple of BTSX on BTER.

So i was just happy to see my taken risk gotten be rewarded with the coming DACs DNS and Vote , Music as well. Play will come and now we "vote" to merge. But my stakes has no votes. i am delitued the most.

- my after the BTSX AGS snapshot got not much
- my DNS are valued nothing
- my VOTE are valued nothing

question is why we are doing this? just to simplify anything? sorry i don't buy it. the whole merger is in big favor of all the supporters before the BTSX snapshot.

why not just throw BTSX away take a fair AGS Snapshot and allocte PTS in some way?

i can tell, because it will upset the big fish who are invested before the BTSX snapshot and will get in the new BTS chain less then now.

don't call it a merger - it is not!

every promise was broken.

i am in favor of the idea, but how the AGS/PTS + DNS + VOTES are treated is shameful.

on this emerging mumble session bytemaster said "no, only AGS and PTS will be merged with BTSX" just a couple hours BTSX is thucking everything in.

sry, that i am upset, but if you "merge" someone has to lose and that's me.

I understand how you feel.  There are no easy answers, but the best I have for you is this:  BTSX could have evolved without giving DNS anything and then competed with DNS.    No merger, no buy out, just competition in a free market.   Would that have been breaking any promises?   Would you have lost more or less money as a result?

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2014, 10:08:45 pm »
Will Music be joined to the super DAC, or are you still considering? There is external capital influx in Music, so I think that merging Music into super DAC would be more difficult than other DACs.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2014, 10:10:42 pm »
Will Music be joined to the super DAC, or are you still considering? There is external capital influx in Music, so I think that merging Music into super DAC would be more difficult than other DACs.

As I understand things, Music is considering it but will take some time to decide.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2014, 10:11:05 pm »

That will be their call and voters decision to elect them as delegates... I won't make that call.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2014, 10:15:33 pm »
That will be their call and voters decision to elect them as delegates... I won't make that call.

Thanks. I respect you because you're going to enter in the 'strait gate and narrow way', not 'wide gate and broad way'.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Ggozzo

« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2014, 10:21:59 pm »
I just report summarized version of BM's post on Korean community (outside of this forum). I will bring their feedback when it's available.

Personally, I strongly support the consolidation, but 2 year vesting period appears to be little bit harsh (How about a year?)

You can get liquid in 1 year for half the shares...

Liquidity isn't where it should be now. So how is locking shares down going to help the internal market?  Most people who will have locked shares are ones who participate in the market the most.  I hope you reconsider the vesting period and take it off the table. I would hate to see a lagging market only to be hard forked to wipe away the vesting period.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2014, 10:22:32 pm »
I just report summarized version of BM's post on Korean community (outside of this forum). I will bring their feedback when it's available.

Personally, I strongly support the consolidation, but 2 year vesting period appears to be little bit harsh (How about a year?)

You can get liquid in 1 year for half the shares...

Liquidity isn't where it should be now. So how is locking shares down going to help the internal market?  Most people who will have locked shares are ones who participate in the market the most.  I hope you reconsider the vesting period and take it off the table. I would hate to see a lagging market only to be hard forked to wipe away the vesting period.
We are not locking down BTSX shares.

Offline bobohuy

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2014, 10:46:14 pm »
@BM : Merge or change is ok for me. Your proposed allocation is not my favor though but I will follow the majority. But this topic is a "price sensitive news", SO PLEASE NOTIFY any price sensitive news at least 24 hours ahead (a brief summary with no negative/positive effect). Everyone needs to have a fair start. I do not want to wake up and see DNS price dump to nothing...... which I think will be at least about Namecoin market cap in month ....

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2014, 10:52:39 pm »
@BM : Merge or change is ok for me. Your proposed allocation is not my favor though but I will follow the majority. But this topic is a "price sensitive news", SO PLEASE NOTIFY any price sensitive news at least 24 hours ahead (a brief summary with no negative/positive effect). Everyone needs to have a fair start. I do not want to wake up and see DNS price dump to nothing...... which I think will be at least about Namecoin market cap in month ....

+5% to this guy. I was lucky enough to catch this news in time to save my DNS stake from dying, but obviously most people weren't so fortunate.

BM, you carry enough clout around here to have changed the market value of DNS by about 50% today, by fiat. Please carefully consider the effects of your announcements and try to make the smallest number of people mad.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2014, 11:03:29 pm »
"Remember, remember, the fifth of November, Gunpowder Treason and Plot..."
 ;)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2014, 11:06:06 pm »

+5% to this guy. I was lucky enough to catch this news in time to save my DNS stake from dying, but obviously most people weren't so fortunate.

BM, you carry enough clout around here to have changed the market value of DNS by about 50% today, by fiat. Please carefully consider the effects of your announcements and try to make the smallest number of people mad.

What's he going to do, freeze the markets for 24 hours until everyone can attack them at once? This forum is public, open to all, with more than 7000 members. And markets are open 24 hours a day; he can't exactly police which of those 7000 go off and trade on the news. Not sure what he could do differently based on your suggestions.

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2014, 11:12:22 pm »
So is DNS getting 3% of the 500MM BTS capital infusion or 3% of the 2.5B BTS supply?

Offline bobohuy

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2014, 11:15:31 pm »

What's he going to do, freeze the markets for 24 hours until everyone can attack them at once? This forum is public, open to all, with more than 7000 members. And markets are open 24 hours a day; he can't exactly police which of those 7000 go off and trade on the news. Not sure what he could do differently based on your suggestions.

Simply enough, just notify: "There will be a proposed in merger allocation of AGS/DNS/PTS...  by BM at 08:00 pm ACT time in the forum". Then everyone who is interested in can prepare for that .....