Author Topic: Proposed Allocation for Merger  (Read 43274 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Re: Proposed Allocation for Merger
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2014, 12:46:16 am »
Stan, Bytemaster, somoene, can we get a clarification on the DNS allocation:

Bytemaster just stated that the 80% dev state was to be removed first.

Does this mean that actually there are only about 1 billion DNS shares which are going to be given the 3% stake in BTS, meaning that they should NOT have tanked 50% today? 

Or is the share count 5 billion, which means they should be around half what they currently are?

The share count will be ((5bn total - 1bn dev fund) + (?? paid backpay + ??delegate subsidy up to snapshot)).
So I'd say 4-4.1 bn but I will go finish paying everyone back and then make a better estimate.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2014, 12:47:47 am »
I thought it was a priority to avoid a situation where an announcement gave someone an information advantage (meaning we were thinking only in terms of current % of market cap).

It doesn't matter anymore because the market has adjusted the price of all assets for this allocation. So any change after the OP would just be BM deciding which current asset holder (AGS, PTS, DNS, BTSX) gets more BTS... meaning this basically has to be the real allocation.

Except that DNS is still up in the air. 

If we interpret it one way, based on 5 billion shares of DNS in existence, then DNS should drop by 50% from current levels (which are alreayd way down).

If we interpret it another way (only the shares of DNS given by PTS/AGS count), then DNS should be much higher than it is now?

We still need clarity on this.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rune

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2014, 12:48:25 am »
I thought it was a priority to avoid a situation where an announcement gave someone an information advantage (meaning we were thinking only in terms of current % of market cap).

It doesn't matter anymore because the market has adjusted the price of all assets for this allocation. So any change after the OP would just be BM deciding which current asset holder (AGS, PTS, DNS, BTSX) gets more BTS... meaning this basically has to be the real allocation.

BM is a genius programmer and visionary.... But maybe not the greatest when it comes to when and what to post publicly on the forum :P

These kind of situations will be avoided in the future when we have matured as a community, and as a DAC.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2014, 12:49:11 am »

Except that DNS is still up in the air. 

If we interpret it one way, based on 5 billion shares of DNS in existence, then DNS should drop by 50% from current levels (which are alreayd way down).

If we interpret it another way (only the shares of DNS given by PTS/AGS count), then DNS should be much higher than it is now?

We still need clarity on this.

It's the 4bn shares allocated to ags/pts and a little extra from delegates+backpay.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2014, 01:10:50 am »
This has made me confused about ownership rights in the DAC ecosystem. Why don't owners of DACs like VOTE and DNS get to vote on the merger proposal? Is it because the majority shareholders in the DACs have agreed to the proposal? I don't ask this because I'm against the proposal at all, I was just of the view previously that DACs had decentralised control.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2014, 01:25:40 am »

BM is a genius programmer and visionary.... But maybe not the greatest when it comes to when and what to post publicly on the forum :P

These kind of situations will be avoided in the future when we have matured as a community, and as a DAC.

Yes.  Unfortunately.  But that will mean you have to wait longer to get information to effect your investment decisions until the story has been polished and vetted.  This will increase the knowledge gap between insiders and outsiders.  Right now that knowledge gap is measured in minutes...

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2014, 01:31:05 am »

Yes.  Unfortunately.  But that will mean you have to wait longer to get information to effect your investment decisions until the story has been polished and vetted.  This will increase the knowledge gap between insiders and outsiders.  Right now that knowledge gap is measured in minutes...

I'm not complaining, any small bumps we have now are completely irrelevant considering how insanely wealthy this will end up making us all. I don't think people complaining about percentages today will give a damn 12 months from now, they'll just be happy and proud that they were a part of bitshares before BTS even existed. Also, now that we have unified the DACs, I guess this kind of "conflict of interest" situation will never arise again, ever. Which is a huge advantage because then we can all just focus on working together.

Offline daidai

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2014, 01:37:08 am »
Your decision makes too many people lose money,lose confidence and leave.

I3 start from PTS and AGS,now the product come out,you know it's the time to kill them.

you develop the toolkit by AGS fund,and PTS shareholders help to disseminate the DACs to new people.

I don't think it's a fair allocation .

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2014, 01:45:49 am »
Still unsure if it's 3% of 500M bts or 2.5B bts.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2014, 01:51:01 am »
This has made me confused about ownership rights in the DAC ecosystem. Why don't owners of DACs like VOTE and DNS get to vote on the merger proposal? Is it because the majority shareholders in the DACs have agreed to the proposal? I don't ask this because I'm against the proposal at all, I was just of the view previously that DACs had decentralised control.

I would love to see this kind of functionality in the toolkit one day. That would allow actual mergers between DACs to be negotiated.

For now, it doesn't really matter. The DACs' network effect are so small (and their network effect differences even smaller) that nearly all of their value comes from whether they have allocated or are capable of allocating enough funds to attract the key talent that make these DACs valuable in the first place. The DAC that the key talent is attracted to is the DAC that will be capable of killing off the rest before they can get a fighting chance. (By the way this is why BTSX with its much larger market cap has so much leverage in this "merger" regardless of what any prior social consensus may say. At least assuming it is willing to allow dilution, which now the shareholders have come to their senses to accept.) So, the "merger" might as well be negotiated by this key talent directly, especially since otherwise it would take considerable effort and time to build the technology and tools to allow the various "shareholders" to have a proper quantifiable voice on this matter and the ability to deny merger proposals (potentially at the risk of being killed off by the larger competition). But I do want this technology to eventually exist for every DAC, for the sake of decentralization.

Also, I am once again okay with bytemaster's proposed allocations for the merger. Again, I don't really care too much about a couple percent here and there. I just can't wait until this chaos is all behind us and we can go back to being united towards a common vision.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:54:07 am by arhag »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2014, 01:52:47 am »
Still unsure if it's 3% of 500M bts or 2.5B bts.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

3% of 2.5B bts.

(The other way, DNS would need to drop by more than 80% more which is clearly wrong).
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline KeyhoteeCN

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2014, 01:54:42 am »
2 years ? not fair!!!
DNS/VOTE 3%  ? not  fair !!!
delegate team:【SUN】
BTSX delegate: x1.sun、x2.sun

BTSX account: keyhoteecn 新浪微博Weibo:http://weibo.com/577551633

Tuck Fheman

« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2014, 02:02:29 am »
So, hodl DNS or get out while you can?

I'm so confused with this merger talk. If I hodl BTSX, does that mean I am basically benefiting from DNS (assuming this merger?) or do I have to continue holding DNS?

Offline Bitshark

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2014, 02:05:23 am »
as a layman my head is spinning circles :o

Offline Ander

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2014, 02:12:55 am »
So, hodl DNS or get out while you can?

I'm so confused with this merger talk. If I hodl BTSX, does that mean I am basically benefiting from DNS (assuming this merger?) or do I have to continue holding DNS?

I have no idea.

When bytemaster posted that the dev stake in DNS would be removed, giving all the DNS holders more BTS, I bought 3.4 million shares at 14-150 sat.

And then Toast posted that there will eb about 4.1B DNS shares that will count towards the merger, I did the math I calculated that DNS should be worth about 120 satoshis, and I started selling the DNS again, and actually managed to sell all 3.4 million that I bought an hour earlier at a few percent profit.

BUT I could be totally off on my math, because its complicated and there are all these different exchange rates.  I'm comparing prices in yaun, to bitcoins, and multiplying by .03 and on and on...lol. 

I'm just going to sit in BTSX now, and not mess with it.  BTSX is safe. :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 02:14:47 am by Ander »