Author Topic: * SNAPSHOT NOTICE *  (Read 22494 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
BTSX doesn't have a vesting period but if you leave it on an exchange you're trusting them to, "Do the right thing".

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I take it those holding BitUSD are missing out on the airdrop ?

Your bitUSD will simply carry over to the new BTS.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Riverhead

No. It's the same as holding BTSX. 1:1. Really BTSX isn't changing other than dropping the x and adding 500M to supply over two years. It's the same chain so nothing to AirDrop.

Offline mavisjames

• View Profile
BTSX doesn't have a vesting period but if you leave it on an exchange you're trusting them to, "Do the right thing".

I take it those holding BitUSD are missing out on the airdrop ?
Pmp2K9S5t15hTEkrrFk1cfieb2Y2eVR6YG

BTSX ID: mdyyz

Offline N1947

• View Profile
got it thanks ))

Offline Riverhead

Offline N1947

• View Profile
If it's from the pts/dns AirDrop then they vest over two years. 1/730th a day.

It's unclear how the exchanges will field that. You should transfer your balances to a wallet you control.

thanks for thunder speed respond,it seems that it s too late to withdraw my dns to wallet because btter only let 1.5 mil a day l will wait and see how they gonna field this.
what about BTSX?should l move to wallet?
thanks again have a nice one

Offline Riverhead

If it's from the pts/dns AirDrop then they vest over two years. 1/730th a day.

It's unclear how the exchanges will field that. You should transfer your balances to a wallet you control.

Offline N1947

• View Profile
hi
 l m new to this dns and btsx and it s very complicated for me,my question is would redeemed bts be traded or not?
many thanks

Offline Riverhead

No, end of day.

Offline fussyqbert

• View Profile
Just a question. The snapshot was Nov 5 UTC right? So about an hour and a half ago? Thanks!

Offline neo1344

• View Profile
Is Bter even aware of the vesting period?

With other snapshots like music, they had à post explaining the snapshot.
Now with this significant snapshot they haven't even got à post explaining it.
It only says bter Will take the snapshot for you on the trading pages.

I know everybody has been advised to withdraw their PTS and DNS, to their wallets, on this forum.
But I guess not all traders are aware of this and the vesting period.
They might be "slightly agitated" when they find out their BTS (funds) will become linearly liquid over 2 years.

Also PTS and DNS, where to be meant to halt trading right? There's no mention of this to. And if they will available for trading, traders should be informed about a probable Price drop.

Don't mean to be trolling, but this could be a recipe for a new sh*tstorm.

hi
it seems that as a trader l ve no idea what s happening with DNS,l m trading on btter and they are going to participate to this snapshot and l relied on them  however still confused about this 2 yrs period,would l be able to claim BTS and able to trade or not? any help?
thanks

Offline graffenwalder

Is Bter even aware of the vesting period?

With other snapshots like music, they had à post explaining the snapshot.
Now with this significant snapshot they haven't even got à post explaining it.
It only says bter Will take the snapshot for you on the trading pages.

I know everybody has been advised to withdraw their PTS and DNS, to their wallets, on this forum.
But I guess not all traders are aware of this and the vesting period.
They might be "slightly agitated" when they find out their BTS (funds) will become linearly liquid over 2 years.

Also PTS and DNS, where to be meant to halt trading right? There's no mention of this to. And if they will available for trading, traders should be informed about a probable Price drop.

Don't mean to be trolling, but this could be a recipe for a new sh*tstorm.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:14:42 pm by Graffenwalder »

Offline Riverhead

Thinking about the last block I too would like clarification. Is it 11:59:59 UTC tonight (the 4th) or tomorrow?

Last block of 5 Nov mean 5 Nov 23:59:59.999 UTC
Exchanges know it because they already participate in 2 snapshots.

Ok, so that gives time for either someone to build a Windows version for BTC38 or for BTC38 to get a Linux wallet up and running.

Offline testz

Thinking about the last block I too would like clarification. Is it 11:59:59 UTC tonight (the 4th) or tomorrow?

Last block of 5 Nov mean 5 Nov 23:59:59.999 UTC
Exchanges know it because they already participate in 2 snapshots.

Offline Riverhead

Thinking about the last block I too would like clarification. Is it 11:59:59 UTC tonight (the 4th) or tomorrow? i.e End of Day of the 5th or Start Of Day of the 5th?

This is actually critical now becuase BTC38 does not have a working DNS client and therefore millions of DNS are stuck on their exchange. While they are honoring the snapshot they would need to be trusted for the next two years as the funds vest out. Anything could happen in that time...

Basically we need someone that can do an emergency Windows build of KeyID 0.05v for BTC38.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:13:23 pm by Riverhead »