Author Topic: Welcome back to $50MM Market Cap  (Read 9844 times)

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
We do!  Anyone can put money into a vesting balance

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I've been buying all the way down and back up.

I'm not selling a single share until $10/BTS.

We should really have a $1 or $10 pledge...

I wish we had that lockup feature so to make you prove it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Nice thread!... and title.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Riverhead

Another day, another 2000 BTSX taken away from traders and into the hands of a long term bull.  8) 

I'm up 10k shares this week trading with part of my position.

Where there is chaos there is opportunity.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Another day, another 2000 BTSX taken away from traders and into the hands of a long term bull.  8) 

I'm up 10k shares this week trading with part of my position.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
CossCrypto, thank you for your thoughts and I hope you continue to post here!  I loved reading your post, dont worry if a couple naysayers disparaged it.

(We should really have a speculation forum for this type of post - I think if it was in speculation instead of Bank and Exchange, those who wouldnt want to see it wouldnt have seen it).

I have traded some on bter (not anywhere near as much as you), and I have noticed some of the things you talked about. 
It is interesting how nothing can happen for hours, and then all of a sudden there is tons of activity. 

I agree with you that the indicators are now pointing upwards. The 1 day MACD is extremely close to giving a buy signal and should do so as soon as we move up again.

/r/BitsharesMarkets

Offline Ander

• View Profile
CossCrypto, thank you for your thoughts and I hope you continue to post here!  I loved reading your post, dont worry if a couple naysayers disparaged it.

(We should really have a speculation forum for this type of post - I think if it was in speculation instead of Bank and Exchange, those who wouldnt want to see it wouldnt have seen it).

I have traded some on bter (not anywhere near as much as you), and I have noticed some of the things you talked about. 
It is interesting how nothing can happen for hours, and then all of a sudden there is tons of activity. 

I agree with you that the indicators are now pointing upwards. The 1 day MACD is extremely close to giving a buy signal and should do so as soon as we move up again.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
@Cosscrypto I want to become a day trader and quit my job. I am a small fish with a long vision about bitshares so I need to find out how to properly read these graphs in order to increase my stake. Because so far I just buy high and rarely sell anything...It would be really nice if you post here, among with other active traders graphs and your views.People might chose to ignore you or follow you.. :)

The first thing you should realize is that when you start out, you will lose, because you are just less experienced than the other players.

Therefore, you should probably only trade with a very small amount of money.  Also, avoid trading something that you "truly believe in for the long term", at least while starting. 

Go trade some altcoin that you dont care about at all, with a tiny amount of money.  Keep doing that for a long time.   Only if you eventually build that money up into something much more, should you switch to trading with more money.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Keep the insights coming CossCrypto  +5%

Tuck Fheman

They feel BM broke his promise.  They are same kind of people who would sue you for broken ribs because you stopped them from choking by using the heimlich.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Thanks. Add this advice to the list "trading based on coinmarketcap.com" does not work well as strategy and following the trollbox neither. Still most used trading strategies.

Hahaha, trollbox strategy 2stronk  :D

Offline mint chocolate chip

I saw some of what you talked about on BTER recently, I now have a much better understanding of how the game works. Thanks for your explanations, they are invaluable. Hope you post more of this stuff.

Offline CossCrypto

• View Profile
So you should realize that you don't believe people who say they earn "30%+" a year just because you probably always choose the fastest and easiest way. Like "buying BTSX now and become rich with it" (like it happened for some lucky early BTC adopters). People who never dedicated themselves to something for 10-16h for each single day, for years...won't surely believe that this is possible.

But "30% a year"? I would quit this job and get another one right away. 30% can be made in a month. 200% can be made in a month. Depends on the volatility of the market, the volume, your knowledge and skills etc...But I studied too hard to make "only 30%" a year. I could have been around the world instead of inside a dark room, with 3 screens.
Good luck, have fun.

For anyone else i would advise to be very cautions of various individuals that this forum will attract in the upcoming months.

Thanks. Add this advice to the list "trading based on coinmarketcap.com" does not work well as strategy and following the trollbox neither. Still most used trading strategies.

I remember when I was used to trade like this:

Offline vlight

• View Profile
So you should realize that you don't believe people who say they earn "30%+" a year just because you probably always choose the fastest and easiest way. Like "buying BTSX now and become rich with it" (like it happened for some lucky early BTC adopters). People who never dedicated themselves to something for 10-16h for each single day, for years...won't surely believe that this is possible.

But "30% a year"? I would quit this job and get another one right away. 30% can be made in a month. 200% can be made in a month. Depends on the volatility of the market, the volume, your knowledge and skills etc...But I studied too hard to make "only 30%" a year. I could have been around the world instead of inside a dark room, with 3 screens.
Good luck, have fun.

For anyone else i would advise to be very cautions of various individuals that this forum will attract in the upcoming months.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
@Cosscrypto I want to become a day trader and quit my job. I am a small fish with a long vision about bitshares so I need to find out how to properly read these graphs in order to increase my stake. Because so far I just buy high and rarely sell anything...It would be really nice if you post here, among with other active traders graphs and your views.People might chose to ignore you or follow you.. :)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It's kind of you to share your insight.

Offline CossCrypto

• View Profile
Very interesting perspective...

I'm not a trader myself, I'm in for the long run. But I can see how market manipulation, with the right amount of capital in a market with low liquidity, can be very profitable. That's pretty much why I don't do it, I'm a small player and would end up being eaten alive by big shot market vultures.

But in any case, it's good to know that current price fluctuations aren't caused by the general mood of the investors.

I would like to see more of this kind of analysis in here, but I do understand nobody would want to give away their secrets for free ;)

I traded for 3 years for fun (demo account), 3 years as hobby and I'm doing it since 4 years as my job. When I did it as hobby, I lost money for about 2 and half years and I always was the guy buying high and selling low (still happens). Over the years I read several books and completed "trading courses" like the one offered by "babypips" (traders will probably know this site). And since I entered cryptotrading, I added a 3rd screen to my setup so that I could look at some more beautiful charts at the same time.
There are so many beautiful things to see in around the world (or even if I only look outside the window)...and I basically look at charts on my screens for 16 hours a day. And I'm still so addicted that I can't stop doing it, even if I would love to.
Considering this background...

No offense, but personally i do not like when people claim that they earn more than 30%  a year while  trading. Also i do not believe in technical analysis and people selling their trading secrets.

One reason I avoided to contribute to a great forum like this for all this time, is that people always see the "bad in things" first. What I mean with this? I took a lot of time just to share a theory on why the market is moving the way it is and it seems that you got stuck at the one sentence where I said that I made some profits over the last couple of months. Because maybe if you would have read it all, you would see that your answer does not make much sense.
What trading secrets? And where am I selling something?
I did not tell anybody to buy/sell or whatever.
I told everybody what I did recently, and why i did it. If you believe that revealing my chart settings over a 1 month time span along with a bit of technical analysis is "revealing trading secrets"...then you may not be aware of the huge blogs that exist which make a living just by describing how charts move and why.

While I traded for hobby, my main job was being a Texas Hold'em poker player. And it's a really hard way to make an easy living. And you know what? 2% succeed...98% fail. When did I start to succeed? After about 1.500.000 played hands (Holdem Manager tracking stats)...Today my database consists of 7.500.000 played hands. I would play up to 14 6max 100NL Turbo tables at the same time...and I still was earning (but it was no fun anymore, and really stressing me out mentally).

And I'm not even participating in pump/dumb parties of other Cryptocoins. You know that they are illegal in real trading markets, right? And that they allow traders to earn 1000%+ in a few days? Leaving the "pump/dump" marketing aside, the rest is "pure market manipulation" by a few guys...which will earn sums you won't believe in for sure. Many crytpocurrency markets work the same way as penny stock markets do. And the techniques used in these markets to manipulate it, are far from new. Probably many pump/dumb success traders just watched "The Wolf of Wall Street" to start earning, lol  :D

@CossCrypto, interesting.  Care to draw a prediction of what will happen in the immediate term?

Someone in the chat on bter a few days ago said they saw an order 750BTC appear and immediately disappear.

As for everything I say, this is just my thought:
drawing a prediction in such a small market, is completely useless. Because there were times where this one guy wanted the charts to go down while I wanted them to go up. So at the end of each 30 minute period, there were a lot of trades in both sides. This "battle" lasted 14 hours in which I think we accounted for about 110BTC of the BTSX trading volume of that day. I lost the battle, because when I had no funds left (and you realize when your competitor is running out of funds...there are many signs) he posted 2 sell orders for a total of 60BTC. When I quitted trading, the market stopped for 4 hours. Nothing happened (it was night time in china, dinner time in the States and GMT+2 where I live - 2am). But after that it still went in "his direction" even if all the indicator signals were against it.
So...with this kind of manipulation, a forecast is useless. You best decide on a daily basis (if you do this for a living, else I would just hold and earn ;) ).
And active traders in a certain market, try to stay up to date with that market. So traders on Bter might see the forecast and say "let's have some fun".

Wouldn't be nice if we had a section like "market report" or "price speculation" (actually both of these exist already, the first by my self but no one really use them anymore..) and people with experience share these kind of graphs and their analysis, give speculation for the price and we discuss these things? In the end it will be clear who knows his staff, will earn some trading reputation, maybe people that use the traders advice if they make money they then tip them, or maybe in the future some traders could team up and get voted as delegates and get paid? There will be many different teams of delegates in the future anyway...So essentially day traders can give the rest of us some trading tips and get paid for their services..

Thanks for saying something nice  ;D...and the idea is pretty cool to. But I would probably to focused on the trading itself to participate in this and as you can see from above, it's always believed that people "sell something" or "manipulate" others or whatever. I still believe that some things in this world are free. Even if I gave up on this selfish, superficial and materialistic humanity already years ago  :-\.
Do you know of that one guy who started off with a giant red paper clip and after years of "Exchanges" with another object, he managed to get a house with it? Cool story.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:20:31 pm by CossCrypto »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
No offense, but personally i do not like when people claim that they earn more than 30%  a year while  trading. Also i do not believe in technical analysis and people selling their trading secrets.

People do it all the time and earn even more than that.  The people who blow up their accounts trading are the ones who are the loudest and say its impossible just because they couldn't do it.  Those are usually the people with little discipline and can't stand being wrong, so they ride their losers into the ground.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:38:14 pm by lil_jay890 »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Wouldn't be nice if we had a section like "market report" or "price speculation" (actually both of these exist already, the first by my self but no one really use them anymore..) and people with experience share these kind of graphs and their analysis, give speculation for the price and we discuss these things? In the end it will be clear who knows his staff, will earn some trading reputation, maybe people that use the traders advice if they make money they then tip them, or maybe in the future some traders could team up and get voted as delegates and get paid? There will be many different teams of delegates in the future anyway...So essentially day traders can give the rest of us some trading tips and get paid for their services..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@CossCrypto
Thanks for the insides .. gives me some confidence in the community .. I really thought they were disappointed by the improvements lately :)

Offline vlight

• View Profile

Offline matt608

• View Profile
@CossCrypto, interesting.  Care to draw a prediction of what will happen in the immediate term?

Someone in the chat on bter a few days ago said they saw an order 750BTC appear and immediately disappear.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Very interesting perspective...

I'm not a trader myself, I'm in for the long run. But I can see how market manipulation, with the right amount of capital in a market with low liquidity, can be very profitable. That's pretty much why I don't do it, I'm a small player and would end up being eaten alive by big shot market vultures.

But in any case, it's good to know that current price fluctuations aren't caused by the general mood of the investors.

I would like to see more of this kind of analysis in here, but I do understand nobody would want to give away their secrets for free ;)

Offline CossCrypto

• View Profile

I honestly don't understand why there's so much selling pressure right now? Is it unsatisfied stake holders cashing out because they disagree with the merger and want to move their funds elsewhere? Can't understand why the merger could be perceived as something negative for the futre... Or is it simply change that is perceived as bad?

Hi, I'm just a new registered user of this forum but i follow it since the 5th november 2013. Never contributed because I'm actually a day trader (it's my job since 4 years now, forex trading). April 2013 I started to enter the Bitcoin world trading BTC on btc-e. Today I trade on Bter, Cryptsy, Btc-e, Bittrex and Poloniex.
Since the BTSX market opened on BTER, I focused most of my trading there.

I know that members on this forum do not really like day traders because they "play" with the price to make a profit. But believe me or not, I'm a BTSX believer since the very beginning. Actually I fell for the Invictus team after I read about "Keyhotee" which was "the future" in my eyes. It was pure innovation at the time. The same as Bitshares is now. "Simplicity of usage" is still one of the most important things to go with, and the BTSX wallet with the cute bots...will be the future in my eyes.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that I make my profits day-trading but my major interest is to substain BTSX price about 18 hours, each day. In 2 months trading I increased my BTSX holdings by 73%.
I give you this quick background just to say that I'm a trading maniac and I dream of japanese candlesticks the 6 hours I usually sleep. So what is happening here, in my eyes, is pure market manipulation. Nothing else. And if you play in the market the whole day, you get to know the other players (which get really angry sometimes when someone goes against their market making plans and so they show you their "power" by placing some huge orders).
From what I've experienced over the last 2 months, the biggest player on Bter is pushing around the market with about 660BTC of capital, and he basically does what he wants since nearly a month. Most of the btsx trading there, has nothing to do with the "news". It's just an analytic game. There are so many techniques to manipulate the order book...and with 600BTC of capital in a market with such "low" volume (compared to real trading markets), you just do what you want by becoming the market maker.

And if you have trading experience, you make things happen when "they should happen". Or have you never observed that huge trades nealry always happen at the end of "30 minutes" and "1 hour" periods? Because with enough capital, this allows you to DRAW the charts yourself.

And with pure "technical analysis" you can easily make a lot of profitable trades (and technical analysis would not work to predict this market if there where no whales with experience in it - but only investors that realize what kind of innovation this is - because technical analysis is...just a game)

To backup my theory have a look at my chart settings for BTSX/BTC

You can see my last "huge trades" on it (which are in a different niche than day trades) - where I sold, and where I bought most of it back.

As you can see, finding a good entry point to short BTSX was really easy. You have higher price highs accompanied by lower MACD highs (divergence), decreasing trading volume, a Fibonacci resistance from a much previous high-low slope, slow MA crosses fast MA, price gets pushed below MA, a spinning top candlestick...and so on (you had signals on Stochastic RSI, Aaron and Accumulation/Distribution indicators 2).

Next you will see where I bought back in (5400-5900)...reasons are the same: a lot of "analytic trading signals" (similar to the ones explained above).

And I could talk about "double top signals" and other chart patterns you see in the BTSX chart but this quick example is just to say that most of what happens in these markets, is just pure trading. And the whole selling pressure recently is caused by 1-2 traders. Do you never wonder why a for example somebody sells 50BTC at let's say 6550 (like yesterday) and buying walls of 40BTC+10BTC appear at 6100 at the same time?

Good and bad news surely move the market of altcoins, but the large spreads and relatively low trading volumes make these a paradise for people like forex day traders. So if you are not into trading, you should not really worry about how the price fluctuates right now. Because it's obvious that it will rise soon, to me at least :p (I was already wrong a lot of times in my life, take nothing for granted ;) )

And btw, have you noticed the bot replicating buy/sell orders from Bter (only seconds later) onto btc38 (with a 30-40 satoshi price difference)?

Offline Pheonike

They feel BM broke his promise.  They are same kind of people who would sue you for broken ribs because you stopped them from choking by using the heimlich.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

I honestly don't understand why there's so much selling pressure right now? Is it unsatisfied stake holders cashing out because they disagree with the merger and want to move their funds elsewhere? Can't understand why the merger could be perceived as something negative for the futre... Or is it simply change that is perceived as bad?

Who knows? Could be any or all of those things. Whoever they are, if their hands are this weak with the largely positive news this week, I'd rather bleed the idiots out of BTSX sooner rather than later. Gives us one more buying opportunity, right?

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Agreeing not to sell doesn't matter - when you hit the price point and everyone wants to cash out there needs to be the demand to catch it anyway.

Correct - folks seem more concerned with Step 1 (share price XX) than Step 2 (realizing gains).

Nonetheless I'd love to see the sell side dry up and watch the FOMO rocket take off.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
A $1 pledge would be a publicity stunt, mostly. A gesture of faith to astound newbies at our great belief in how far this can go. I thought it would be cool to have a $1 pledge backed by a voluntary gesture on the part of pledgers: placing a $1 sell order on an exchange for any amount people can afford of BTS/BTSX. (Never leave more on an exchange than you can afford to lose.) I thought it would be neat to see a big wall develop on there, furthering the publicity element of this pledge.

However, I tried placing a 500 BTSX sell order on Bter at the BTC price equivalent of $1. While the system accepts the order, and it appears in your pending orders list, the order never appears on the "Sell" board. I realized that the highest-priced sell order on Bter is about 30% higher than the current ask. So maybe the exchange just doesn't want too much crazy stuff to manipulate the price on there. This is understandable.

Any other suggestions?

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Agreeing not to sell doesn't matter - when you hit the price point and everyone wants to cash out there needs to be the demand to catch it anyway.

Correct - folks seem more concerned with Step 1 (share price XX) than Step 2 (realizing gains).

Nonetheless I'd love to see the sell side dry up and watch the FOMO rocket take off.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Will this post is  +5% +5% and very funny... Unfortunately I see $40 mil again and I just don't know why... And once again I bought expensive and just have no more funds any more...
Can we please coordinate somehow and agree that no one is selling below $100mil market cap, then coordinate no one to sell below $500 mil market cap and so on..

Prisoner's dilemma - I've advocated a $1/BTS pledge but it is really just wishful thinking.

Most folks are too blinded by short-term greed to see the bigger picture.

For what it's worth I'm holding to $10/BTS.

Interstellar or down with ship.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Will this post is  +5% +5% and very funny... Unfortunately I see $40 mil again and I just don't know why... And once again I bought expensive and just have no more funds any more...
Can we please coordinate somehow and agree that no one is selling below $100mil market cap, then coordinate no one to sell below $500 mil market cap and so on..

Offline mudshark79

• View Profile

We would be in the 60's if you adjust for the new effective share supply ;)

(And several weeks ago the value of BTSX + PTS + AGS + DNS was more like 75M).

Looking forward to being back at 60M BTSX / 75M future BTS market cap. 

Thats around my average buy price.

70s is fine for me, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyuJ6PQEXXc

8)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
At $1 ...I will have a official retirement party... everyone is invited.

At  $10 me reading this forum will look like this...I am  fishing at any point on this earth I choose, while my assistant is reading the forum for me... at least my spelling and grammar will vastly improve  ;D
lol ...  +5%

Tuck Fheman

At  $10 me reading this forum will look like this...I am  fishing at any point on this earth I choose, while my assistant is reading the forum form me... at least my spelling and grammar will vastly improve  ;D

I see no mention of 'strippers' at this party. Perhaps there is a misspelling in your sentence?

:P

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

At  $10 me reading this forum will look like this...I am  fishing at any point on this earth I choose, while my assistant is reading the forum for me... at least my spelling and grammar will vastly improve  ;D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:22:49 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

1$ would be nice so i can trade BitUSD without caclulating the difference

lol

nice one!

+5%

Offline JA

• View Profile

1$ would be nice so i can trade BitUSD without caclulating the difference

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile

(And several weeks ago the value of BTSX + PTS + AGS + DNS was more like 75M).

Looking forward to being back at 60M BTSX / 75M future BTS market cap. 

Thats around my average buy price.

Offline bytemaster

The 50s sucked too.

Lets get back to the 60s as soon as possible.

Everyone buy a bit and no one sell. :P

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
The 50s sucked too.

Lets get back to the 60s as soon as possible.

Everyone buy a bit and no one sell. :P

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
I want to party like its 99
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
The music was better in the 70s. What I really liked was the New Millennium. But I tend to think even more about the future.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Now please let's not visit the 40's again. Nothing good happened in the 40's.

Lol well in the 40's World War II ended that was good, but let not get back there :)

Offline Riverhead

Now please let's not visit the 40's again. Nothing good happened in the 40's.