Author Topic: Theft incident happened on bit-u.com @ DigitalOcean  (Read 27626 times)

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• Easy as One, Too, Three...
    • View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
I was on coingrounds. Was that affected? I didn't notice the change from coingrounds to bit-u. Now it says bit-u is down. Can I log in with my coingrounds info? Or are they unrelated?

If you had any protoshares or bitcoins on this exchange, Silfax just stole them all from you.  I believe you only had until earlier today to withdraw even a fraction of your balance.
RippleGiveaway.com - Home of the Ripple Faucet!

Offline seraphim

your coingrounds account was fully transferred to bit-u. so, yes, it's affected.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline red

• View Profile
I was on coingrounds. Was that affected? I didn't notice the change from coingrounds to bit-u. Now it says bit-u is down. Can I log in with my coingrounds info? Or are they unrelated?

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
I felt like any theft from the site was a theft from all the users, not just the ones that happened to have their balance in BTC at the time, which was my reasoning in reimbursing everyone equally. I think that is more fair than the alternative.

Silfax, the money remaining is NOT YOURS.  It is NOT up to you to determine how to divided up the remaining funds.  By doing this, YOU ARE STEALING!  You have no right to allocate those funds to pay back other people.  You need to pay back everyone 100% out of your own pocket.  If this takes you ten years, then so be it.  You need to give everyone back their full protoshare balance.  Then you need to make arrangements to pay everyone back for the "stolen" bitcoin.  You are HACKING all of our protoshare balances to pay your liabilities.  WHO DO YOUR CUSTOMERS GET TO STEAL FROM TO MAKE UP THEIR LOSSES?

WHAT PART OF THIS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!

WHY DON'T YOU BE A MAN AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS?

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
In fact I have not reimbursed myself for /any/ of the funds (PTS and BTC) that I had in the exchange when it got stolen from.

Offline Alcor

• View Profile
marketp2p - there was a notice to cancel your orders before withdrawing, but I see that your order is still there, so I'll send you a PM about you getting that back.

re: pts holders:

I felt like any theft from the site was a theft from all the users, not just the ones that happened to have their balance in BTC at the time, which was my reasoning in reimbursing everyone equally. I think that is more fair than the alternative.

I don't. The fair thing to do was reimburse everyone 100% of their PTS and then reimburse the stolen BTC out of your own pocket and out of the profits you got from the exchange. I wonder, did you give yourself the same 42% haircut as we all got? Or are your customers the only ones having to bleed here?
PpHcHqL1teSumfYHugSvkikzoiowtczyWn

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
marketp2p - there was a notice to cancel your orders before withdrawing, but I see that your order is still there, so I'll send you a PM about you getting that back.

re: pts holders:

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:20:55 pm by Silfax »

Offline marketp2p

• View Profile
The question is, did Silfax include the open orders as part of the balances. That may explain the discrepancy what I thought my btc balance was and what actually showed up after the site was restored.

Offline liquiddrool

• View Profile
When the exchange closed there was a buy in for 300 PTS @ .009(2.7 BTC) and maybe 2 more buys for a total of around .05 BTC.  There were several hundred PTS still on the board, I estimate 300-500.  These are all now in Silfax hand along with all the profits made while the exchange was running.

Offline Alcor

• View Profile
Silfax, the money remaining is NOT YOURS.  It is NOT up to you to determine how to divided up the remaining funds.  By doing this, YOU ARE STEALING!  You have no right to allocate those funds to pay back other people.  You need to pay back everyone 100% out of your own pocket.  If this takes you ten years, then so be it.  You need to give everyone back their full protoshare balance.  Then you need to make arrangements to pay everyone back for the "stolen" bitcoin.  You are HACKING all of our protoshare balances to pay your liabilities.  WHO DO YOUR CUSTOMERS GET TO STEAL FROM TO MAKE UP THEIR LOSSES?

Agreed. My PTS were not stolen, but Silfax just took my PTS and yours without asking to cover for the BTC losses due to the theft. This is not acceptable, and I demand to be paid back my PTS in full or I will have to take certain measures. I can understand it will take some time for Silfax to sort things out, and I can be quite patient if I have to. But there's no question about it that the customers should be given back what's theirs. This is not our fault nor our problem.
PpHcHqL1teSumfYHugSvkikzoiowtczyWn

Offline yago

• View Profile
Anyway, I am going to step out of this dispute as I am not a party to it.

Me too.

BTW: I'm connecting to this forum from tor!  :o  :P

Edit: no longer connecting to this forum using tor, as the site doesnt support SSL yet!  ::) Also: I'm going to change my password right now!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 06:19:46 pm by yago »
http://bitsharestalk.org/donate.html  <---- Donate to the BitShares Forum ----> PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline bytemaster

I find this very hard to believe.  Who does business with someone without knowing their real name?
Seems that you and everyone on this thread too, myself first  :P

I have done plenty of business with people on this forum without knowing their real name.   All it really means is that the contact whom I know that knows silfax has had several successful transactions with him.

Anyway, I am going to step out of this dispute as I am not a party to it.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline yago

• View Profile
I find this very hard to believe.  Who does business with someone without knowing their real name?
Seems that you and everyone on this thread too, myself first  :P
http://bitsharestalk.org/donate.html  <---- Donate to the BitShares Forum ----> PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
Silfax, what did you do with the profits from your exchange???  Surely, you didn't spend them?

You need to use YOUR OWN FUNDS to pay us back.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 01:11:35 am by TwoKoolFourSkewl »

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
I'm sure the people you know who know him know his first and last name.  What is his first and last name?
I checked and apparently they do not know this information.  They have only done business with him in the past.

I find this very hard to believe.  Who does business with someone without knowing their real name?  Who were the people that you asked?  Was it Silfax's former business partners Saif Altimimi and Sean Geng?

Silfax, why don't you stop being such a coward and tell us your real name?  It's obvious that you planned to steal from everyone and made sure to hide your identity.  Why else would you ALWAYS use Tor to connect to the forum?

Let's make something clear.  None of Silfax's customers got hacked.  Silfax supposedly got hacked.  None of Silfax's customers profited from his exchange, so why should we pay for his mistakes?  None of his customers told him how to run his business.  If he had asked, I'm sure many of us would have told him NOT TO USE A VPS.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 01:13:56 am by TwoKoolFourSkewl »