Author Topic: build bitsharesx without internet connect?  (Read 1208 times)

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Got it! After almost a month of trial and error...

Here's the trick:

1) clone the repo
2) checkout the version you want
3) git submodule init and update
4) cd programs/web_wallet and do npm install (assuming you've already set up node and node -g lineman previously)
5) mkdir build && cd build && cmake . -DINCLUDE_QT_WALLET=true && make forcebuild
6) cd back into your root of the repository and rm -rf build

you now have programs/qt_wallet/htdocs all up to date AND you didn't mess with any of the cmake files in tree. You now can distribute to anyone that can build without internet access.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Is there a way to build bitsharesx without an internet connect? Can I give someone a single .tar.gz that they can then build? Right now the node stuff requires you to do a "node install" which requires internet access (and potential security breach, imagine a redirect attack if you could compromise a build server's DNS).

Can all that node stuff be done before distributing? I'm trying that, but that requires using cmake - and once i've done that I've locked in to a single architecture. I can't do that on an i386 machine, make a tarball, and hand it to an amd64 machine (it can't find needed libraries). If I delete all the cmake files, it finds the libraries but then can't find resources needed for htdocs/ and qt_wallet.

This is something I'm exploring for secure distribution of binaries.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true