Author Topic: Fix for DNS Holders who lost money buying into DNS  (Read 36444 times)

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
Just for clarification:
Claimed DNS prior to THE BM's post, transfered ALL DNS to the exchanger for trade and never transfer any DNS back to local wallet.

I think this case is out of this fix plan, right?

Correct, you'll only get the snapshot at these newer lower prices.
I know someone is putting together a thread to try to examine things on a case-by-case basis and try to make more stakeholders whole - some people got this bonus allocation when they feel they shouldn't have.

Thanks for quick clarification. I think it's reasonable to lable me as a trade or SOL in this case which I'm not. LOL
It's the attitude you and BM always considering our shareholders benefit that I personally much appreciated at.
Toast, we all can see you are under much pressure. Just don't  be that way. wish u work happy and bring us more value in the future! Because as a investor rather than a speculatior I'm LONG with you.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I lost all my LTS...and lost a lot of BTSX due to my error...but I just put it behind me and make the best decision I can moving forward.

I Feel the same. Although for me is LTS and DNS...

Offline GaltReport

Yet another example of why Bitshares has the best dev team in the business.

Remember, all investments are ultimately investments in people.

Good advice.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

you are right. so i just invested in the wrong people - oh, sry - they are the same you are talking, but maybe you are on the sunny side of the merger and i am not  ;)

I'm just excited about the merger overall.  I don't know if I am on the sunny side or not really.  Probably I am I guess, by comparison to some, but I think the long-term prospect is much better for everyone...but I can understand the feeling of loss and disappointment.  I lost all my LTS...and lost a lot of BTSX due to my error...but I just put it behind me and make the best decision I can moving forward.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:41:37 pm by GaltReport »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Just for clarification:
Claimed DNS prior to THE BM's post, transfered ALL DNS to the exchanger for trade and never transfer any DNS back to local wallet.

Correct, you'll only get the snapshot at these newer lower prices.
I know someone is putting together a thread to try to examine things on a case-by-case basis and try to make more stakeholders whole - some people got this bonus allocation when they feel they shouldn't have.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
Just for clarification:

Offline bobohuy

• View Profile
I'm trying to see if bter and btc38 can do retroactive snapshots
Hop they can do ít, my DNS is still on BTER from that day :)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Good advice.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

you are right. so i just invested in the wrong people - oh, sry - they are the same you are talking, but maybe you are on the sunny side of the merger and i am not  ;)

lzr1900

Just to be clear, the snapshot is being taken from before the thread Bytemaster posted titled "Proposed Allocation for Merger" at a time of " October 21, 2014, 12:26:43 EST"?

If your DNS was on an exchange at that moment OR if your dns had yet to be claimed, then this fix will not apply.
If your DNS was in your wallet, then this will apply.

Correct? If not, what am I (are we) misunderstanding?
I claimed my dns,but at this moment,my dns was in my wallet,then what??

Offline onceuponatime

If there is a lot of this...

In some sense .. people that took their stake out of the genesis just to VOTE .. benefit from this ..
Lucky me .. still not sure if I want it .. it is kind of unfair .. at least to the devs/I3 ..

//edit: I'll most certainly send my 'extra' stake back to you guys .. I won't take it!
It just doesn't feel right to get a bonus for moving my funds out of the genesis block

...combined with a lot of this...

Actually I'm not a trader, I was newbie trying to get a wallet registered because I couldn't move my DNS otherwise
and so I left my DNS on my BTER account for a few days and now..

I'm SOL simply because..??  a bitshares registration procedure prevented me from immediately moving my dns purchase from the exchange which I would have normally done.

Quite a memorable first BitShares experience I'm having..

All those who bought at Bter are out of luck? All those who claimed after the announcement and sold are also at a loss?

The gainers are those who claimed earlier and sold immediately after the announcement. They got a good price and some free DNS.

Or have I misunderstood it all completely?

I don't think there are any losers except those with funds on the exchange and US.  Those with funds on an exchange were "traders"... those who bought in the days prior and withdrew to hold are OK... those who bought or sold after the announcement are also OK.

...could we organize a shuffling act to compensate people such as sirlo?

I'm lacking technical knowledge, but could this work? sirlo has been very unfortunate, and posted here on the forum about it. xeroc has been outstanding with his attitude. What if we could discover people in sirlo's position and also those like xeroc, and even things out a bit? I guess it's not feasible, but I want to ask the question just in case...

I know xeroc wasn't offering anything to sirlo - I just want to ascertain whether or not the idea is feasible and also whether or not the community would want to support people like sirlo.
I will be getting about $16 20500, worth of DNS due to this proposal (the rest were already at the exchange, which I considered a smart move in anticipation of the announcement ). Anyway I manage to sell at 220 to 200 range so I do not think I deserve the bonus proposed in this thread, so if somebody organizes such a fund I will be happy to send those funds there instead of sending them back to I3.

I will also donate to such a fund.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
any official post that explain new plan bts all in one?
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline GaltReport

Good advice.

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Offline GaltReport

So, people can buy DNS and PTS now (before November 5) and get it merged into BTSX right?

Yes.. with 2 year linear vesting.

Okay, not sure that was clear to everyone, regarding DNS.

Edit: Not sure what the economics of that would be though (math...:( ).

Offline bytemaster

So, people can buy DNS and PTS now (before November 5) and get it merged into BTSX right?

Yes.. with 2 year linear vesting.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline GaltReport

So, people can still buy DNS and PTS now (before November 5) and get it merged into BTSX ?