Author Topic: Trouble Connecting/Syncing Blocks - Please Help!  (Read 1293 times)

Offline davidpbrown

I'm only familiar with the Linux version but each flavour works roughly the same and the wallet is distinct from the program. So, in Linux there is a folder in the home folder .BitSharesX which is the wallet; config files; and blockchain, which is why both copies of the app are seeing that wallet. So, yes you can delete the older version.

As for not syncing.. that might be 0.4.20 bug that we might expect to be fixed in the 0.4.21 version. You can see versions at https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases/ and obviously you want to use Latest Release and avoid using pre-Release versions. That there is a RC suggests then 0.4.21 is on its way and includes "Improved network syncing performance".
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline matador123

• View Profile
Hi guys,

I've been browsing the forums trying to figure this out for a few days now, but I just can't solve it. I know how helpful this community is to newbies trying to figure everything out, so I figured I should ask.

I originally downloaded BitsharesX a month or so ago. I bought some Bitshares from BTER and sent them to my account..no problem. I was using the application a couple weeks later when I noticed how long it seemed to be taking for the blocks to sync. Eventually, it just gave up and said not connected. I thought this was because I didn't have the latest update, so I downloaded 0.4.20 and tried again. Unfortunately, even with the update, it's not working. When I open the application, it says that I'm about 27 days behind on syncing blocks. It seems to be attempting to sync for a while, but it always ends up just going back to "Not Connected."

I know that there's a solution out there, but part of the problem is that I'm not very well versed in the super technical side of things. I come from an economics background, not a computer science one. I would VERY much appreciate it if someone could explain for me, in layman's terms, how to fix this problem.

Finally, I have a question about the update. When I downloaded 0.4.20, it created a whole new BitsharesX app on my computer. So now I have two of them. Obviously I only need the latest one. If I delete the old app from my computer, is it going to affect my funds at all? It seems to me I can still access them from the new app....Sorry if I'm a little behind on all of this. Thanks for the help!