Author Topic: power corrupts absolute power corrupts absolutely  (Read 1950 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Time is better spent focused on the solution, rather than the problem.

The solution to corruption is distribution of power and wealth. Which is why BitShares and other cryto offering are so important, those enable the individual and do away with third parties. Getting rid of third parties is not just about that being cheaper and more efficient; it is also about empowering individuals and reducing corruption - or perhaps more frequently ineffective and unrepresentative actions.

+5% +5%

Let's get decentralized reputation and identity. Accountability can help us.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
vote rigging
propaganda
centralization
cronyism
greed
inflating away property rights
knowing whats best for other people

I'm talking about government of cause but there is reasons why government after government, civilization after civilization, company after company fell into the same traps. I put this out as a reminder to avoid the pulls of the dark side.
+5% +5% +5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

The solution to corruption is distribution of power and wealth. Which is why BitShares and other cryto offering are so important, those enable the individual and do away with third parties. Getting rid of third parties is not just about that being cheaper and more efficient; it is also about empowering individuals and reducing corruption - or perhaps more frequently ineffective and unrepresentative actions.

+5% +5%

=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
While BTSX is centralising DAC features, developer focus and most importantly Network Effect, it doesn't prohibit third party DACs at all. The question is just whether they can compete.

This new entity will be a self funding DAC that allows consensus via DPOS. It is the most decentralised organism yet conceived by the mind of man.

(Sidenote: I would also invest in a constitution enshrined, fixed limits on dilution DAC, but BTS is the pioneer in a new environment, so needs to be flexible and adaptive.)

Offline davidpbrown

฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline GaltReport

Don't be a victim.  You are in charge of your decisions and actions and ultimately you can only control yourself.

Take charge of yourself and make the best decision for yourself based on the situation at hand and your circumstances.

The reality is that we are our biggest limitation.

Offline onceuponatime

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
vote rigging
propaganda
centralization
cronyism
greed
inflating away property rights
knowing whats best for other people

I'm talking about government of cause but there is reasons why government after government, civilization after civilization, company after company fell into the same traps. I put this out as a reminder to avoid the pulls of the dark side.