Author Topic: If you want to know.....  (Read 4362 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Maybe in the mumble hangout tomorrow there can be a live chinese translator translating what is said?  Big Chinese whales could ask questions and have the translator translate them and have them answered etc.  It would slow the conversation down a bit, but worth it if it means everyone understands why the merge is happening.  Q n A with China needed.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:21:33 pm by matt608 »

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I agree with the communication problem. Invictus: I offer my talents to you freely. I'm good at constructing a clear message and simplifying things. Maybe I should become a deleagte and pledge to take on a PR role. Hmmm.

I appreciated several of the simplifications you did on this forum.

I would support you as a delegate.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
PR is the worst in this projects. i would support you MEthodx

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I agree with the communication problem. Invictus: I offer my talents to you freely. I'm good at constructing a clear message and simplifying things. Maybe I should become a deleagte and pledge to take on a PR role. Hmmm.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
these days i've spent a lot of time talking with many bts investors around Chinese community (some of them are big whales, i mean, the real big ones), and watching them discussing the proposal and the future of bts. before doing that i thought it would help me make a desicion to leave or stay, but i get more confused.

here are what i get based on my observation:

about the merge:
nearly half of them say yes, they think it will bring bts to a higher stander.
the rest who say no think what the heck bm is really trying to do, the reasons are just not reasonable.
my opinion: i support the merge, but just the merge.

about the allocation:
obviously the opinions on the 7 7 3 3 allocation vary much and mainly depend on their interest. the funny thing is most of them wonder why there are many better proposals which seem to be more fair but just get ignored.
my opinion: 80 for x is too much.

about the dns:
at first they thought toast was the inside trader and fuxxed everybody up, later they felt sorry for him after seeing his statement. but really, some people lost MUCH.
my opinion: toast, be easy.

about the future dacs:
like what marswalker said in another thread, they want to see 3i states that they recommend/suggest ags/pts still be honored. or at least, an attitude.
my opinion: i just hope there are no stupid 3rd party developers in the world, and 3i clearly know that it is the donators that help build the fondation.

about the dilution and vesting period:
nearly all of them don't know where the inflations come from and go, i have to explain to them one by one. most of them thought the vesting time proposal needs to be reviewed.
my opion: if the high paid delegates can be under controlled, i am ok with that.

again, these are just the voice i heard(and also mine), not mathematical statistic.

my conclusion:
many investors will left if 3i failed to handle the mess well. some of them will even turn to be the enemies against which 3i will never wants to fight (trust me, i am not kidding).

3i needs a very good pr to bring the messages to the community and outside world. the communication is a big problem.

if the merged dac works well, many new comers will still be joining in, but before that happens, please make this story sound good.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:09:26 pm by heyD »