Author Topic: Future: DApps, SuperDAC, Third Party DACS, bitshares toolkit and Social Contract  (Read 10509 times)

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Everyone all the time says the social contract was not fullfilled but in which sense?
In this (original) sense.
And more specifically these important bits.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 08:33:46 am by emski »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Everyone all the time says the social contract was not fullfilled but in which sense?

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Social Contract
One of the main issues here is that it is not fulfilled. It lured a lot of people into trusting III. Even if they had no intention to follow the contract they didn't make enough effort to say it clear. With the proposal even if it is fair under some perspectives it is unfair in the terms of the contract. This is what bothers many people. There were many suggestions attempting to make an alternative proposal abiding the contract AND merging all into one chain. Apparently something else is needed to persuade III.

Offline betax

• View Profile
Hi,

I would like to start a discussion on the future, the way I see the merger is that we are just creating a bigger DAC, with possibilities of of creating your own Dapps (application in SuperDAC) but continuing having the possibility of Third Party DACs using the bitshares toolkit which should continue to comply with the Social Contract.

DApps and toolkit
I presume this will be "like" Ethereum or a C++ version of it, it will be great to start thinking / documenting how to create new DApps and how a third party can benefit from the creation of DApps. Making the SuperDAC a decentralised application environment or OS. We could start discussion more detailed areas like UX (User Experience) for example one main OS like core applications with multiple applications, light wallets, light applications? etc.

Third party DACs
There is also the possibility of creating your own Third Party DAC, the only thing that has changed is that BitsharesX - DNS + VOTE and Play will be under the same umbrella (and of course much more in the future). These will have to comply with the Social Contract as before or a new one.

Social Contract
As noted before the Social Contract should be preserved for third party DACs, but here it could be extended to at least BTS (10%), PTS (10%), AGS (10%). Hopefully this way new and old investors will be rewarded in a multiple DAC scenario and the required compliance of Third Party DACs as the toolkit will significantly more advanced with the combined features.

Edit: It will be great that we keep the comments answering the bold headers above, this way we will to avoid silly debates on unrelated subjects, also avoid usage random pictures or metaphors so all international parties understand the thoughts. I hope this way we can all contribute to shape / understand the direction :) Also I hope that Bytemaster is allowed to comment before the PR lockout.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 07:12:50 am by betax »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads