Author Topic: Could we put this forum on the blockchain, it might get people voting?  (Read 6304 times)

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
Seems to me that the biggest weakness of DPOS is voter turnout. Im sure we will get a little more with the current proposal and again some more with a bug free and trusted client but with all the strength of DPOS it would be nice to put a nail in this one weakness and get some really high turnout.

I notice people are really engaged in the forum and the poles seem to greatly reflect opinion. Hence my question. I can see lots of merits for putting this forum on the client. I haven't loaded the client for weeks yet i log onto the forum two or three times a day. I'm sure i am not the only one. So, we would get increased traffic and targeted traffic to the client. Traffic that would read the forum vote on poles (which could be incorporated into delegate voting to increase participation). Also If we the community were loading up the client as often at they log on to the forum then they would be more likely to engage in the features, thus creating more transaction fees.

The only downside i see is that it would be a barrier to entry for newbies, however, this too could be turned to a positive.  We keep an online forum to attract newbies but, firstly they wont see the kind of potentially panicking discussions we have from time to time  :). Also they will be incentivised to download the client and use it regularly if the want to engage further.