Poll

Should KeyID blockchain survive the merger?

Yes
No
Maybe

Author Topic: KeyID: Should it stay alive? (Poll)  (Read 13065 times)

Offline oldman

• View Profile
My most recent thinking has been that I actually want to pull KeyID branding and functionality into BTS and that keeping it alive is a bad idea. Keeping the existing network as "the DNS dac" won't work either, KeyID is hard-coded everywhere in a way that can't be changed easily.

I think the best thing is to keep KeyID as an app within BTS and then make a separate DAC just for actual real DNS later.

I'll keep you updated with my thoughts.

+5%

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
My most recent thinking has been that I actually want to pull KeyID branding and functionality into BTS and that keeping it alive is a bad idea. Keeping the existing network as "the DNS dac" won't work either, KeyID is hard-coded everywhere in a way that can't be changed easily.

I think the best thing is to keep KeyID as an app within BTS and then make a separate DAC just for actual real DNS later.

Wasn't the DNS stuff implemented before the KeyID stuff? Then it should be possible to roll back to a pre-KeyID version and create a DNS DAC from there. May be tricky though and require a new genesis block. Hum.

Pre-keyID version would be before the genesis block. If you want a pure DNS DAC you need to make a new DAC.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Wasn't the DNS stuff implemented before the KeyID stuff? Then it should be possible to roll back to a pre-KeyID version and create a DNS DAC from there. May be tricky though and require a new genesis block. Hum.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Sounds like a plan
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
make sense

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline toast

• View Profile

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Hell yes!! I feel BTS is the 800lb gorilla in the room; nothing is going to stop it from being a dominant force. However, with something like KeyID the more products, projects, and implementations in the space the better.

My hope is that if BTS goes to the moon or Saturn or maybe Chicago, that I can fund projects like this with more than pocket change.

Now, what is your problem with Chicago man?

I have a lot a problems with that city... I just want to know yours.  :)

HAHAHA. Just picked it at random :). I have a surprising number of connections to the windy city. Namely my boss works out of the Chicago office and my mindless page-turner series I'm reading now takes place in Chicago (Dresden Files). Guess I have it on the brain.

So...what are your thoughts on KeyID getting some CPR?

KeyID is dead!
Long live the KeyID!

PS
Hope you are not reading 'The Litigator(s)', cause it is the best mindless book I have read the last 2-3 years...if so, do not expect any sleep before you finish it  :).

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:03:32 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Riverhead

Hell yes!! I feel BTS is the 800lb gorilla in the room; nothing is going to stop it from being a dominant force. However, with something like KeyID the more products, projects, and implementations in the space the better.

My hope is that if BTS goes to the moon or Saturn or maybe Chicago, that I can fund projects like this with more than pocket change.

HAHAHA. Just picked it at random :). I have a surprising number of connections to the windy city. Namely my boss works out of the Chicago office and my mindless page-turner series I'm reading now takes place in Chicago (Dresden Files). Guess I have it on the brain.

So...what are your thoughts on KeyID getting some CPR?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Riverhead

Offline toast

• View Profile
It is developed, it needs to be built. Maintenance will require occasional bug fixes + rebuilds

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

Will you build windows client next week too?  :-\

Is there a windows client build already available? I can maintain what is already developed.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I'm turning it off, but I will support anyone who wants to turn it back on, develop, and maintain it. I will not be able to spend much time on it at all.  =(

The minimum requirement is that you are able to turn it back on =)

I am interested in taking it over. Can't promise much in terms of development at this point, but can turn it back on and maintain.

Ok great! As a first basic maintenance task example, can you build v0.0.5 for Windows?
I also think delegate pay might have been computed wrong before 0.0.5 (saw that total supply was decreasing right before fork), can you investigate to make sure the new logic is sound?

Ok. Will look into it next week.

Will you build windows client next week too?  :-\
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
I'm turning it off, but I will support anyone who wants to turn it back on, develop, and maintain it. I will not be able to spend much time on it at all.  =(

I am interested in taking it over. Can't promise much in terms of development at this point, but can turn it back on and maintain.

Ok great! As a first basic maintenance task example, can you build v0.0.5 for Windows?
I also think delegate pay might have been computed wrong before 0.0.5 (saw that total supply was decreasing right before fork), can you investigate to make sure the new logic is sound?

Ok. Will look into it next week.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline toast

• View Profile