Poll

Should KeyID blockchain survive the merger?

Yes
No
Maybe

Author Topic: KeyID: Should it stay alive? (Poll)  (Read 2447 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Re: KeyID: Should it stay alive? (Poll)
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 04:32:41 pm »
I think the best thing is to keep KeyID as an app within BTS and then make a separate DAC just for actual real DNS later.

I'll keep you updated with my thoughts.

Sounds like a plan
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Online pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 05:26:08 pm »
My most recent thinking has been that I actually want to pull KeyID branding and functionality into BTS and that keeping it alive is a bad idea. Keeping the existing network as "the DNS dac" won't work either, KeyID is hard-coded everywhere in a way that can't be changed easily.

I think the best thing is to keep KeyID as an app within BTS and then make a separate DAC just for actual real DNS later.

Wasn't the DNS stuff implemented before the KeyID stuff? Then it should be possible to roll back to a pre-KeyID version and create a DNS DAC from there. May be tricky though and require a new genesis block. Hum.
Please vote for my BitShares witness "cyrano" and for my STEEM witness "cyrano.witness"!
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 06:06:10 pm »
My most recent thinking has been that I actually want to pull KeyID branding and functionality into BTS and that keeping it alive is a bad idea. Keeping the existing network as "the DNS dac" won't work either, KeyID is hard-coded everywhere in a way that can't be changed easily.

Wasn't the DNS stuff implemented before the KeyID stuff? Then it should be possible to roll back to a pre-KeyID version and create a DNS DAC from there. May be tricky though and require a new genesis block. Hum.

Pre-keyID version would be before the genesis block. If you want a pure DNS DAC you need to make a new DAC.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 10:00:37 pm »

I'll keep you updated with my thoughts.

+5%