Author Topic: _  (Read 973 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
ISO 4217 is much more important to bitcoin than to bitshares, because it doesn't have an internal market. Bitshares can get crazy volume without deep direct integration to the traditional financial markets, because all bots and traders will be focused primarily on the internal market.

I think bitshares should adopt XBS, but have it as a technical term, and use BTS in daily conversation. It gives fantastic recognition because it is so close to BTC. From the very beginning we want everyone to know that we are as important, and eventually as big, as bitcoin.

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
That's a good point, but I think BTS is soo much better for user adoption and that is more important, at least at this stage. BTS = Bitshares is obvious. XBS = Bitshares is not so obvious.

Also I think it should be Bitshares (Upper case B, Lower case s). The trend for lower case first letter for company names is just that, a trend. People used lower case first letter to differentiate themselves, but now that it has been done so much it is does not have the same powerful effect. Upper case first letter is the standard, proper, timeless way to name a company and will work. Also, we don't want to copy bitcoin's style, we want to differentiate from it for sure.

As for the lower case s, Bitshares flows, looks, and sounds better than BitShares.

PLEASE Make it Bitshares!!!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:32:59 pm by teenagecheese »

MinerVato

_
_
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 06:40:27 pm by Vato_ »