Author Topic: [No Coding!] Guide To Mining Protoshare With Windows Azure: Make $50 For Free!  (Read 6629 times)

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Please donate to me: PqmyVWJtJgb2qudCiDyQvTMo7ibJfWiuvY
Tips are what allow me to create guides like this which have no referral program to back them up!

Hello Everyone,
Welcome to my guide for cloud mining on Windows Server using Windows Azure Free trial. I hope you enjoy. Mining with Windows Azure while paying is not profitable but if you have $200 free, my experience was I made ~$50-60 from the trial in ~1 week. Also, the best part is once you spend the trial money they ask you to upgrade, they don't require you to do anything.

So anyway, go there and sign up for a $200 free trial. With this trial it lasts a month and you have a limit of 20 cores. I personally recommend maxing out all 20 cores so you can get the PTS as fast as possible - especially with how fast difficulty has been going up.

Then once you have it sign up for a Windows 2008 8 core server. You will then get a login link to download. Download it and login in to your virtual server. Once there on the bottom left windows task bar you will see server manager. Go there find internet explorer, and turn security off. Then open up internet explorer (make sure its full screen like a desktop and then hit your start button and it'll be there - you may want to make a desktop shortcut for future use).

Go to ypool.net and if you already have an account sign up or make one. Then follow there how to instructions guide. They'll take it from here - installing the miner on the server is like installing the miner on your normal computer (that's why I recommended Windows 2008 Server as your OS versus Linux I just find it so much easier even though Linux is supposed to be like 5% faster for mining).

Once you have the miner on your desktop or wherever create a shortcut leading to the miner + the necessary code afterwards. You can put this shortcut on your desktop and just double click to start mining.

Then you can close your remote connection (note this does not stop you from mining) and then continue mining. I recommend making 2x 8 core instances and 1x 4 core instance. You can mine until you use up your free trial, collect your ~$50 and then just stop. No further charges for you!

Tips are what allow me to create guides like this which have no referral program to back them up!

Do you think you can provide screenshots or a youtube video to make this idiot proof? :)
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline zvs

• View Profile
Anybody else running jhProtominer on the Window servers connecting to ypool having problems with the miners not be detected by ypool as well as fairly frequently (but not in unison, not server down)? It seems to happen sometimes after a share is submitted.
Oh, you mean the frequent miner resets?  Don't worry,  all that happens is you just "donate" some more money to the author

and using windows instances on azure makes me cry, make twenty single core ubuntu instances
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline soupmoney

• View Profile
Anybody else running jhProtominer on the Window servers connecting to ypool having problems with the miners not be detected by ypool as well as fairly frequently (but not in unison, not server down)? It seems to happen sometimes after a share is submitted.

Offline r05

• View Profile
I get ~90c/min on the 8-core, north Europe VMs. I have two running any can run them for 5 days on the $200 free credit trial.

My Nix 8 core azure instances do 100 c/m right now on beeeeeeeeeeeeeers but I am testing some 1 core nix vm's and they are doing about 15 c/m right now each. 15*20 = 300 c/m as opposed to the ~250 c/m I get from 2x8 core and 1x 4core Just fyi.

True, but you have to spend more time setting up. Plus your 2x8 core and 1x4 core won't last your whole trial because of the $200 limit, so if your trial is cut half as short from increased costs from 20x 1 core then its not worth it.
lol I think if it's free it's always "worth it" imho :P
If I have helped you, please consider buying me a beer:
PTS: PZ6ZED8q1i7nQqnZiwFHdgLMELi3sgpnzL
BTC: 1CPF64k1AraWAUiDSh2QthRhbtJJznzRtw

Offline benya

• View Profile
I've tried pretty much every combination and it looks like you can squeeze the most power out of single core North Europe machines.  I am getting around 19 c/m out of them.  Same virtual servers in the other regions yield about 14 c/m for me.

4 core gives about 49 c/m and 8 core is about 92 c/m.

Single core in North Europe is the way to go if you don't mind wasting some time on setup.

Please donate if this post is helpful: PnBsuYFgPFGzXL1J1ADAPdqBnfU29haQoY

Offline zvs

• View Profile
yeah, I get 14-16 from the 1 core ones as well,

they are much cheaper too,  i don't know what the exact pricing is, i don't think it deducts it until the end of the day

it does take a lot longer to set up though
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline nelion9

• View Profile
How many days works azure? Anyone can teach me for make this VPS's?

Offline svd

• View Profile
it is not worth to use windows,
try linux it will last few days more

funny :)

Offline bitshirehashaway

• View Profile
My Nix 8 core azure instances do 100 c/m right now on beeeeeeeeeeeeeers but I am testing some 1 core nix vm's and they are doing about 15 c/m right now each. 15*20 = 300 c/m as opposed to the ~250 c/m I get from 2x8 core and 1x 4core Just fyi.

True, but you have to spend more time setting up. Plus your 2x8 core and 1x4 core won't last your whole trial because of the $200 limit, so if your trial is cut half as short from increased costs from 20x 1 core then its not worth it.

Offline jedixjarf

• View Profile

Feel free to donate if this post was helpful

PZmevKSeb6g12hPDs8MkaFrMgw7cjNJZDa
If I helped in anyway please say thanks with some PTS :P

PTS:PZmevKSeb6g12hPDs8MkaFrMgw7cjNJZDa

Offline bitshirehashaway

• View Profile
[No Coding!] Guide To Mining Protoshare With Windows Azure: Make $50 For Free!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 05:51:28 am »

Hello Everyone,
Welcome to my guide for cloud mining on Windows Server using Windows Azure Free trial. I hope you enjoy. Mining with Windows Azure while paying is not profitable but if you have $200 free, my experience was I made ~$50-60 from the trial in ~1 week. Also, the best part is once you spend the trial money they ask you to upgrade, they don't require you to do anything.

So anyway, go there and sign up for a $200 free trial. With this trial it lasts a month and you have a limit of 20 cores. I personally recommend maxing out all 20 cores so you can get the PTS as fast as possible - especially with how fast difficulty has been going up.

Then once you have it sign up for a Windows 2008 8 core server. You will then get a login link to download. Download it and login in to your virtual server. Once there on the bottom left windows task bar you will see server manager. Go there find internet explorer, and turn security off. Then open up internet explorer (make sure its full screen like a desktop and then hit your start button and it'll be there - you may want to make a desktop shortcut for future use).

Go to ypool.net and if you already have an account sign up or make one. Then follow there how to instructions guide. They'll take it from here - installing the miner on the server is like installing the miner on your normal computer (that's why I recommended Windows 2008 Server as your OS versus Linux I just find it so much easier even though Linux is supposed to be like 5% faster for mining).

Once you have the miner on your desktop or wherever create a shortcut leading to the miner + the necessary code afterwards. You can put this shortcut on your desktop and just double click to start mining.

Then you can close your remote connection (note this does not stop you from mining) and then continue mining. I recommend making 2x 8 core instances and 1x 4 core instance. You can mine until you use up your free trial, collect your ~$50 and then just stop. No further charges for you!