Author Topic: Marketing Direction - Why not How or What...  (Read 23016 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
The  minute somebody can make a "trezor" like security for the bitassets this thing will explode. Until then people will always prefer keeping their money under the mattress than online.

In Greece most wealthy people don't keep their money in local banks anymore...Seriously almost everyone has a vault in their house. I am very confident that if those people can keep their funds in a usb stick securely from an online attack then I can sell the biteur concept  to anyone.
Whenever I mention to someone about biteur or bitusd and I explain them the logic and how it works the first thing they ask me is about security.

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Maybe worth registering bitusd.com.ar? Wikipedia says it can only be done by an argentine residant.

They don't need to know anything about bitshares, just how to buy and sell bitUSD and store it in a bitUSD only wallet as a savings account (not developed yet).  Presumably there needs to be an 'on ramp' for argentine Pesos (ARS) and a bitUSD/ARS market in the back end?  How about a localbitusd style website as well?

I'll have a sub-page for http://whatisbitusd.com translated into Spanish.

Wouldn't it make it easier for them and help them feel safer to promote a stronger and local domain name, bitusd.com.ar?  If it's really going to take off in Argentina, it's worthy of more than a sub-page?  It helps create confidence and legitimacy. 

Then they just download the bitUSD wallet, which needs to be ready first (but the translations/partnerships for on/off ramps could be done in advance).

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:07:22 pm by matt608 »

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
There are plenty of available channels and networks in Argentina. I can help facilitate anything in the region.

Excellent! Was it you who added me to Skype? So many people have added me recently I've lost track. My apologies.

Yes.

The first thing we would need is everything translated into Spanish.

Maybe worth registering bitusd.com.ar? Wikipedia says it can only be done by an argentine residant.

They don't need to know anything about bitshares, just how to buy and sell bitUSD and store it in a bitUSD only wallet as a savings account (not developed yet).  Presumably there needs to be an 'on ramp' for argentine Pesos (ARS) and a bitUSD/ARS market in the back end?  How about a localbitusd style website as well?

I'll have a sub-page for http://whatisbitusd.com translated into Spanish.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
There are plenty of available channels and networks in Argentina. I can help facilitate anything in the region.

Excellent! Was it you who added me to Skype? So many people have added me recently I've lost track. My apologies.

Yes.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:39:19 pm by matt608 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Yes.

Damn it... We need the clients interface translated into Spanish.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/isugfd9uxa7chnd/Screenshot%202014-10-28%2014.20.20.png?dl=0

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile

Yes.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Make no mistake, a predominantly silent war is being waged around us, which is terrifying when you consider the extent to which conflict and environmental destruction has visibly engulfed parts of the planet.  We are nearing the point in time when people are going to have to choose between the forces of dominion and the forces of freedom.

In order to choose, people need to wake up to a single truth.  The centralized control of money has enabled the worst, the most degenerate humans to enslave everything and everyone.  This enslavement is both physical and mental, with nothing untouched by the corruption.  The world in which we live is gradually being altered in ways that reflect the damaged psyches and grotesque appetites of parasitic monsters and their pet corporations. 

The power of BitShares is absolutely ideological.  Just think about it.  Think about what it means.  Bitshares is the antithesis of dominion and enslavement, a light in the dark.  If BitShares succeeds, think about all the people who will be given hope in the future, think of all the people who will no longer be ground to pieces, used and abused.  It brings tears to my eyes.

I believe this is what Satoshi wanted.  BitShares has the potential to succeed where Bitcoin has in many ways failed.  People are ready to hear that message.  Tell them what is at stake and give them the choice.  People will come in droves once they comprehend this single truth.

I apologize if this comes across a bit strong.  I just can't imagine a more powerful message than the truth of what BitShares could do for us all.  I understand the reason many of you would advise caution, given the uncompromising nature of the message.  Decentralized Wisdom & Consensus Rules!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Thank you for volunteering. Some of us are getting a group together to work on marketing in countries that haven't yet been targeted. We certainly will contact you about Argentina!

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

The US needs it pretty bad. What's worse is most that live there don't know it.

Case and point: These SEC letters. It should not be the case that if the SEC doesn't approve you are fined, jailed, and/or shutdown. Never mind being compelled to spend hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars defending yourself. In a free country the SEC would at most be able to say, "We cannot recommend your security as safe for the public due to the following violations of our Best Practices policy". The general public that isn't well versed on these matters would only invest in securities blessed by the SEC if they believe they are a good standards body.

I would love it if the SEC was more like ISO. If your company isn't ISO-902 Compliant than you can't say you're ISO-902 compliant and that's it. No laws broken.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
Also, Argentina is but one possibility. Chile? Venezuela? Greece? India? Philippines? Lots more possible markets.

Absolutely. My thinking is this: once BitUSD is established in one of these countries that needs it, it will organically spread to other countries from there, without us having to do much of anything. All we need to do is engineer the initial momentum and let it take on a life of its own.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
THAT's what we need down there. One company or group in Argentina that has an interest in promoting this. I don't have any contacts down there and my Spanish is lousy. But if I can help, please let me know.

Also, Argentina is but one possibility. Chile? Venezuela? Greece? India? Philippines? Lots more possible markets.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
I suppose I am somewhat biased by what I know and where I live.   I wouldn't know the first thing about selling to people in Argentina and no one our team knows either.    However, I suspect there are people in the community out there who know how to reach these people and we are all depending on you.

I think a few of us are going to get together and organize a campaign to get the attention of BitPagio (they have 8000 locations across Argentina currently offering BTC). If we successfully get their attention and establish a dialogue, will Invictus continue the dialogue? They will want "official" dialogue. I'm worried I'll be left hanging by Invictus if they ask questions about TITAN integration and such. Things I have no real knowledge of.