Author Topic: Four new delegates just appeared in the TOP10  (Read 6408 times)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

Since my very first Delegates Report back in August I have recommended to disapprove them as they have been already identified as a suspicious large stakeholder.

I support this and all most feel like we should open a thread calling for others to do the same. Especially if we coordinate with the Chinese community

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
delegates without feeds should be outvoted. they do only half the job.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
The 101 delegates are now merely decided by BM, and BM evaluate the delegates mostly based on whether they are upgraded to the latest version or not, instead of price feed, contribution, reputation, etc..  Those four delegates didn't even introduce themselves, should be voted out.

I think at the very least BM should make the community aware before making sweeping changes.

Who are these people? Have they even made their delegate presence known? If the delegates don't even introduce themselves and are suddenly voted in are they BM personal friends?

If things are not done transparently it starts to look like a straw system, which I think few users would be in favor of.   

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I take that back, I did vote for them because they had upgraded their clients while others had not.

Yea I figured that was why. A lot of those new delegates aren't publishing feeds though, will you do another voting pass for the upcoming hard fork to promote delegates that will publish feeds? I'll be ready for that one I promise! :)

I had upgrade the client but did not publish the version. I will publish version and get my feeds ready for the coming hard fork too.  :)
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
It seems that a large stakeholder (probably a set of several stakeholders) decided to put some delegates in the active list

That party seems to have access to roughly 15% of the BTSX stake.

I'd kindly ask for the new delegates to introduce themselves!
Further, I'd recommend to publish feeds for the assets also!

Personally, I hope this is not one of the major exchanges as (IMHO) they are not supposed to vote for anybody using costumers funds!

About your question of whether exchanges are voting, I believe the answer is yes. They definitely have approved several delegates, but I can't say whether they are actively voting, though I suspect yes. Here's an example of a transfer from BTER to my account that shows 11 delegates have been chosen:

http://bitsharesblocks.com/blocks/block?id=602596

I agree. Exchanges should not be voting.  These fund belongs to their customers.   We should make it known to them.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The 101 delegates are now merely decided by BM, and BM evaluate the delegates mostly based on whether they are upgraded to the latest version or not, instead of price feed, contribution, reputation, etc..  Those four delegates didn't even introduce themselves, should be voted out.
I wouldn't go that far .. some anonymous delegates are good for the network
though not publishing price feeds is a no go for delegates ... but they might not have noted yet that they are active... and inactive delegates cannot publish feeds afaik

We also already discussed that standby delegates should be able to earn some fees too ... so the only 'wrong' thing I *see* is that they do not publish feeds ..

An introduction would be cool though .. and I would love to see that those four delegates being maintained by four individuals rather than just one ..

Disclaimer: I am running four delegates!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:33:15 am by xeroc »

Offline amencon

• View Profile
I take that back, I did vote for them because they had upgraded their clients while others had not.

Yea I figured that was why. A lot of those new delegates aren't publishing feeds though, will you do another voting pass for the upcoming hard fork to promote delegates that will publish feeds? I'll be ready for that one I promise! :)
Haha, me too.  I'll be double sure in the future to publish my version at the same time I upgrade as well.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
When the new delegate pay rules start what is to stop exchanges making themselves delegates at 100% pay of the 50 shares/block limit for doing absolutely nothing to help BitShares ?

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Best advice is the advice that all ready been given, don't let your shares sit on exchange accounts. This is just another in a list of reason's.

Offline Riverhead

Ah, correct.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Are shares you have on an exchange really yours? You've effectively traded your shares for bterBTSX or bterBITUSER. We are hopeful that they'll sell us back our shares for their exchange tokens at 1:1 when we want to transfer shares back to our account.

So that's the question then: What ownership do you have of shares you've exchanged for a centralized exchange's tokens?

Clear statement of this happening is good enough for me. I have not seen this statement (of me exchanging my BTSX or BTC for their tokens) neither.

It has to work this way because each trade on a centralized exchange is not an entry on the blockchain. It's much like the CEO of Overstock.com mention in his Vegas address: It's just an ownership contract being passed around. Nothing actually moves.

I am not saying that is not the fact/truth...I am just saying either do not vote with 'my' BTSX or CLEARLY inform your customers that those BTSX deposited  are NOT theirs and why it is so.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Riverhead

Are shares you have on an exchange really yours? You've effectively traded your shares for bterBTSX or bterBITUSER. We are hopeful that they'll sell us back our shares for their exchange tokens at 1:1 when we want to transfer shares back to our account.

So that's the question then: What ownership do you have of shares you've exchanged for a centralized exchange's tokens?

Clear statement of this happening is good enough for me. I have not seen this statement (of me exchanging my BTSX or BTC for their tokens) neither.

It has to work this way because each trade on a centralized exchange is not an entry on the blockchain. It's much like the CEO of Overstock.com mention in his Vegas address: It's just an ownership contract being passed around. Nothing actually moves.

Offline svk

How would you know if a delegate WILL publish feed?

I will ;)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

How would you know if a delegate WILL publish feed?