Author Topic: Advice wanted: I'm considering running a marketing delegate.  (Read 18570 times)

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

merockstar

That's exactly how delegation is supposed to work. People with the means to develop the product (through marketing and otherwise) are motivated by delegate pay to do just that.

You should hook up with somebody who is good with computers and have at it.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
MethodX is a very smart marketer.   +5%  That would cause me to vote.   Tell me how.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
I will vote MeTHoDx in as a marketing delegate with 100% pay rate.

I would suggest a public discourse with Brian to ensure your marketing efforts do not conflict with I3's strategy (whatever that may be).

Exactly, I hate to think we are overlapping work because nobody knows what's happening behind the scenes.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Banner idea for crypto sites,
This ad sponsored by the BitShares blockchain
Can your blockchain purchase ad space?
haha that's a good one.

I think if we were to do a CMC banner it should be during a bitcoin price fall. The banner would advertise how stable bitUSD is.

+5% Yeah that's what I'd like to see.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
haha that's a good one.

I think if we were to do a CMC banner it should be during a bitcoin price fall. The banner would advertise how stable bitUSD is.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

What is BitShares? Separate fact from FUD (because you know how the nerds love using the word FUD):
What is BitUSD? Separate fact from FUD

OR

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:29:16 pm by sschechter »
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Could you list maybe a few ideas you had that you would be able to achieve with your budget?  Or even a couple of different idea's that would be across a few budget's. Ideally Maybe another delegate or a group could merge funds to create a larger effect, If they all believe in the same strategy.

Well, 50 BTS per block won't be enough to implement my entire vision but it will be sufficient enough to fund a small online advertising campaign targeting the lowest hanging fruit. All funds will go directly toward advertising. I consider this volunteer work.
  • Reddit ads in /r/BitcoinMarkets and /r/Futurology
  • Coinmarketcap.com
The budget and my personal time constraints won't allow for much more than this.
Thats a honest answer, It's not a huge sum of money now but in the future who knows. CMC banners are a great place to start because nearly ever coin uses CMC.

The pooling of funds from delegates behind common causes is really whats need to get the amount of money needed for anything worth while. The trick will probably be getting everyone to agree on said causes.... but its still a great effort on your part. If you can unite a few delegates under a common cause, hell that would be enough of a reason to vote you in right their.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
+5%

I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere but is there a website we can go to where we can view what it is that each of the 101 delegates are doing to help the DAC grow?

I think it would be a good idea if delegates had their own dedicated website where they talk about what it is they are going to do and WHY they should be delegates. Also, it might be a good idea if delegates post the metrics to be used to measure their performance. I think saying that you can't really measure performance is unacceptable.

I was thinking exactly about this ... i registered a domain for a site for delegate presentation etc. Will give you more details asap…
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline oldman

• View Profile
I will vote MeTHoDx in as a marketing delegate with 100% pay rate.

I would suggest a public discourse with Brian to ensure your marketing efforts do not conflict with I3's strategy (whatever that may be).

Voting in multiple delegates to increase funding is interesting...

If you produce good results with the budget of one delegate I would support doubling your budget and voting you in for a second delegate. Then perhaps a third...

I find the ability to hire folks and determine their budgets fascinating!

Good work - you're hired!

Poor work - you're fired!

Shit is gettin' real.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Could you list maybe a few ideas you had that you would be able to achieve with your budget?  Or even a couple of different idea's that would be across a few budget's. Ideally Maybe another delegate or a group could merge funds to create a larger effect, If they all believe in the same strategy.

Well, 50 BTS per block won't be enough to implement my entire vision but it will be sufficient enough to fund a small online advertising campaign targeting the lowest hanging fruit. All funds will go directly toward advertising. I consider this volunteer work.
  • Reddit ads in /r/BitcoinMarkets and /r/Futurology
  • Coinmarketcap.com
The budget and my personal time constraints won't allow for much more than this.

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
Marketing BTSX outside western countries :  +5% +5% +5%, my vote is for you !
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Xeldal

I would support you in this... this would be a "salary position" and not "give away funds"... so I support such a position.

Each delegate position earns about $2500 per month at todays market cap with 100% pay.   It isn't much, but then again you are independently wealthy and are seeing your own stake grow.

I assume this $2500 a month is for a 'salary delegate' and not a standard delegate.  Is there some official explanation of what a salary delegate is/how it works.  I've obviously missed it.

A delegate with 100% pay rate under the new rules...  50 BTS per block.

What would be the issues/drawbacks of electing 10 regular pay MethodX delegates at $250/Month vs 1 'salary' delegate at $2500infused/month.
($250 is just a guess for current conditions, I could be way off here, if it requires 50 positions obviously this won't work)

Other than the obvious loss in decentralization.  There are currently individuals with 4 or 5, and I'm willing to bet that with all the support shown here, that other delegates might be willing to redirect their pay to such a cause, myself being one.

I'm a little worried that we have immediately gone to option B, infuse capital.  Rather than intelligently gathering the capital that is already being dispersed.

At the moment BM can, at his discretion elect any delegates he wants.(though >12%vote may need collaboration) As the marketcap grows, fewer and fewer delegate spots would be required to fund such a project.  If need be, elect 10 different people who pledge support for this initiative rather than immediately opting for dilution.

I'd like to see a site where someone like MethodX can define his plan and delegates can pledge their support by offering some amount of their pay be redirected.  If this could be automated via API, even better.

What would be wrong with this approach?

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nethyb
Great initiative, I'd certainly support your efforts and vote for your delegate...  +5%

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
+5%

I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere but is there a website we can go to where we can view what it is that each of the 101 delegates are doing to help the DAC grow?

I think it would be a good idea if delegates had their own dedicated website where they talk about what it is they are going to do and WHY they should be delegates. Also, it might be a good idea if delegates post the metrics to be used to measure their performance. I think saying that you can't really measure performance is unacceptable.

I was thinking a Facebook clone for delegates. A bare bones Facebook...

It seems like you have some experience in marketing, which is of course great.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
+5%

I was thinking a Facebook clone for delegates. A bare bones Facebook...

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline svk

yup will do it next 2 weeks ...

thinking loud about creating a site with content and things delegates providing .. like a delegate hub…
I'd love to join up with you on that .. my web development knowledge is rusty though :(

Would be happy to contribute to this as well!

Oh and to stay on topic, +5% for MethodX as a marketing delegate, you'll have my vote.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:39:10 pm by svk »
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline wackou

+5% support from me too, I believe good marketing is really needed for BitShares at this moment.

<shameless plug>btw, I just released my bitshares_delegate_tools (see https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9881.0) which should make it much easier on the technical side to run and monitor a delegate, hope you like them</plug>
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

Good question. Traditionally, I measure marketing performance by revenue minus how much I spend on advertising. It's really easy when you can track everything that's going in and out of a funnel... It won't be possible to objectively measure any delegate position. If you're a developer you could have someone like bytemaster determine the code quality and we can all see commits being made on github. Marketing will be considerably more subjective since there is no way to track how much a marketing campaign adds to market cap.

Similarly to seeing a developer post commits, you can see the ad campaigns I launch. I can post the results of any A/B tests I conduct so ALL marketing efforts can benefit from a scientifically provable marketing message.

I agree with this stand.  Most of the marketing activities can be tracked. But at the end of it, it is a mostly subjective decision.  MeTHoDx has consistently shown he has a flair for effective marketing ideas.  You have my support. :)
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

thinking loud about creating a site with content and things delegates providing .. like a delegate hub…
I'd love to join up with you on that .. my web development knowledge is rusty though :(

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
+5%

This would be great. Delegates deserve something more than the forum. The site also could have a place where propositions (for voting) could be explained. Not to seem too much like a referendum election, but we could even file pro/com arguments if needed.

I have asked cass to come up with a recommendation...

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
poor cass ... does he still get some sleep here and there?

For the OP:
I'll be glad to add your delgate to my slate!

Offline yellowecho

As we promised , to help the communication between Chinese and the rest of the world.....
This is a Chinese translation of your post , we will post it to the Chinese sub-board as well.
The internet is so cool! haha
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline jae208

• View Profile
I'm thinking it would be useful to allow delegates to edit their own sections. Maintaining this would be a lot of work for one person. Would a wiki format work?

It might and as you mentioned earlier might be great if voters could post pro/cons about delegates.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline mint chocolate chip

We need more individuals like you stepping up to achieve the network effect we need.

"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." - John F. Kennedy

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
As we promised , to help the communication between Chinese and the rest of the world.....
This is a Chinese translation of your post , we will post it to the Chinese sub-board as well.

Advice wanted: I'm considering running a marketing delegate.
寻求建议:我正在考虑运行一个专注于市场推广的受托人席位

我是一个独立、有钱的、不断冒出新主意和投资到新行业的企业家。我有很多空闲的时间,而且对Bitshares很着迷。
由于我已经投入了大量的时间(甚至是金钱)到Bitshares里,我一直在考虑运行一个能获得报酬的市场推广受托人。
我相信Bytemaster在某处说过,他只想开发者成为受托人,所以我不知道他会怎么想这事。
如果当选了,我会专注我的才能用于我最了解的事情上:市场营销。

我想BitUSD(以及其他比特资产)在西方国家以外的其他区域有着很大的潜力。
阿根廷,希腊,厄瓜多尔,西班牙,菲律宾,等等。

将我们建立在一个这样的缝隙市场(原文说利基市场,市场营销学的一个概念,指大市场里被人忽略的一些小市场,但占据了这些小市场可以有意想不到的效果)上,可以使我们的市值显著增加,而且会在水平层面上带来其他相关的缝隙市场的业绩疯狂增长。

我正在想和预期能做到的事:
在reddits的关键次级版面发动广告推广活动。

将BitUSD这个主意介绍给美国以外的比特币商业,这些地区对真正的美元需求率很高,但那里的美元供应量却很少。举例:BitPagos就是一个可行的推广对象。

联系为比特资产商家端整合计划服务的开发者。
联系为比特资产服务的手机钱包开发者(如IOS和安卓)。
根据阿根廷的地区代码,进行BitUSD的空投活动(这需要一个手机钱包),
在阿根廷的一些大学里进行BitUSD的邮件空投活动。

你会支持我成为一个受托人吗?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:50:25 am by cn-members »
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I'm thinking it would be useful to allow delegates to edit their own sections. Maintaining this would be a lot of work for one person. Would a wiki format work?

Offline jae208

• View Profile
+5%

This would be great. Delegates deserve something more than the forum. The site also could have a place where propositions (for voting) could be explained. Not to seem too much like a referendum election, but we could even file pro/con arguments if needed.

http://bitsharesdelegates.info

I wouldn't know how to set up the website though  :P

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
+5%

This would be great. Delegates deserve something more than the forum. The site also could have a place where propositions (for voting) could be explained. Not to seem too much like a referendum election, but we could even file pro/com arguments if needed.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
+5%

This would be great. Delegates deserve something more than the forum. The site also could have a place where propositions (for voting) could be explained. Not to seem too much like a referendum election, but we could even file pro/con arguments if needed.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:08:02 am by donkeypong »

Offline jae208

• View Profile
 +5%

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Offline Pheonike

This sounds good. Brian can handle the big fish marketing while meth does the gorilla marketing.

Offline emailtooaj

+5% for MeTHoDx delegate !!

You've got great insight for unconventional marketing ideas and I know you'll grab that low hanging fruit with ease while climbing up that tree!!!

As anyone in the marketing field knows, continuous in your face ads and name branding is what it takes. Just by doing small blitzes in the right places can make a measurable impact... even though sometimes it's effectiveness can't be fully measured!!
It takes time and no timeline can be set for such!!

You get that delegate up and running and you'll have my votes for the long haul !!!!

*got me thinking, maybe I'll get one going to  ;D
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline gamey

• View Profile
But you look like a good potential value proposition so far...

You can't really beat free intellectual capital. ;)

What metrics do you propose for evaluating your performance?

Good question. Traditionally, I measure marketing performance by revenue minus how much I spend on advertising. It's really easy when you can track everything that's going in and out of a funnel... It won't be possible to objectively measure any delegate position. If you're a developer you could have someone like bytemaster determine the code quality and we can all see commits being made on github. Marketing will be considerably more subjective since there is no way to track how much a marketing campaign adds to market cap.

Similarly to seeing a developer post commits, you can see the ad campaigns I launch. I can post the results of any A/B tests I conduct so ALL marketing efforts can benefit from a scientifically provable marketing message.

There is no way to measure effectiveness of marketing without a centralized onramp or an affiliate system built into BTS.  I (and I'm sure others) have suggested a way to do affiliate IDs.  I think it'd be possible to embed in account registry transaction an affiliate ID.  However, then you can game it without Titan.  It would be a privacy nightmare. 

I think that you've continually given good ideas and shown a great deal of thought put into what effective marketing could be.  Anyone who is willing to execute those ideas without a significant salary seems like a good choice for a delegate.  Far more than random developers IMO.

We need multiple marketing teams working somewhat independently.  Not independent enough to overlap, just enough so that they're not working off the same ideas/beliefs.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:16:45 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline ElMato

• View Profile

Offline kuvira

• View Profile
method please read this

The market for initial public offerings will look for its next big winner in Xoom Inc., a fast-growing money-transfer service for immigrants in the U.S. looking to send money to their home countries.

IPOs have gotten off to a fast start in 2013. Companies raised more than $4.8 billion in January on U.S. exchanges, the most in the first month of any year, according to Dealogic. Another $525 million has been raised so far in February. Each of the past four weeks has brought at least one new issue that remains 20% or more above its debut price.

San Francisco-based Xoom is looking to raise as much as $86.3 million and notch a starting market value as high as $468 million.

Xoom operates Xoom.com, a money-transfer business that lets people living in the U.S. use Web-connected computers and smartphones to send money internationally.

Related Video
Warren Buffett is one of the most successful investors of all time. MarketWatch's Rex Crum looks at stocks Mr. Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway and insiders within the company have bought over the past 90 days. (Photo: AP/Getty Images)

The market for so-called remittances is poised to grow: Since 2004, the global market has expanded at a 12% annual rate, to $513 billion in 2011, according to the World Bank, and it is expected to grow an additional 7% a year through 2015.

Xoom offers cash transfers to 30 countries outside the U.S, though transfers from the U.S. to the Philippines, India and Mexico represent about three-quarters of its business. Nearly a quarter of its transactions are sent through mobile devices.

"You no longer need to walk to an agent location during business hours, fill out forms, queue up, and wait another 10 minutes for the teller to process the transaction," said James Friedman, an analyst at Susquehanna Financial Group LLP, which isn't helping to underwrite the IPO. "With Xoom.com, you can send money 24/7, within minutes, at a smaller cost."

The company generates revenue primarily from transaction fees. While its revenues so far represent a scant to 2% to 3% of those of industry leader Western Union Co. , competitive pricing and consistent growth could help it build market share, Mr. Friedman said.

Xoom's fast growth has attracted investment from venture capital firms including Sequoia Capital LLC, which will retain a roughly 18% stake after the offering, according to the Xoom's filings. Other early investors will keep roughly 40%.

Xoom's revenue grew 68% in the first nine months of 2012, to $57.8 million. The company hasn't reported a profit in any full year and booked a net loss of $4.3 million for the nine months that ended in September, as marketing and customer-service costs increased.

The stock is slated to list Friday on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the ticker XOOM.

Also on tap in the coming week is ConnectOne Bancorp Inc., a community bank chain founded in 2005 and based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J.

ConnectOne, formerly known as North Jersey Community Bancorp Inc., operates eight branches and holds a loan portfolio made up largely of commercial-real-estate and business loans. Profit grew 28%, to $6.1 million, during the first nine months of 2012 from a year earlier.

Shares of the last two bank IPOs haven't fared well. Miami's Capital Bank Financial Corp. and Colorado's National Bank Holdings Corp. both are trading below their September IPO prices.

ConnectOne plans to list on the Nasdaq Stock Market on Tuesday under the ticker CNOB.

Two medical-test makers could make it to market in the coming week. Cancer Genetics Inc. will look to raise as much as $40 million by listing on the Nasdaq. The early-stage company develops tests using DNA for diagnosing hard-to-detect blood, ovarian and cervical cancers. The Rutherford, N.J., company is to start trading on the Nasdaq Wednesday under the ticker CGIX.

A holdover from last week may again make an approach to the market, according to bankers working on the deal. AutoGenomics, of Vista, Calif., makes genetic tests used to determine a predisposition toward, or the presence of, diseases and other medical conditions. The company is looking to raise as much as $66 million on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the ticker AGMX.

From Wall Street Journal

Offline yellowecho

You're always on top of things and have made some excellent contributions so far so you've got my vote, dude!  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
your participation as a delegate seems very promising, so it's a good idea to support you with our votes, at least for the beginning.
your progress will be evaluated and our support will hopefully not stop  ;D
Let's kick some butts!  :)
 +5%

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I'm an independently wealthy serial entrepreneur with too much time on my hands and an obsession with BitShares. Since I already invest so much time (and even money) in BitShares, I've been considering running a paid marketing delegate. I believe bytemaster has stated elsewhere that he only wants developers as delegates so I don't know how he would feel about this.

If elected, I will focus my skills on what I know: marketing. I think BitUSD (and other BitAssets) have the most viral potential in areas outside Western countries. Argentina, Greece, Ecuador, Spain, Philippines etc, etc. Establishing ourselves in any ONE of these niche markets would send our market cap through the roof and facilitate horizontal viral growth into other related niches.

What I WANT to do / see done:
  • Launch an advertising campaign on strategic sub-reddits.
  • Pitch BitUSD to Bitcoin businesses outside America where real USD demand is high but supply is low (i.e. BitPagos).
  • Contract developers for BitAsset merchant integration.
  • Contract developers for a BitAsset specific mobile wallet (iOS & Android).
  • Airdrop BitUSD on Argentinian area codes (requires mobile wallet).
  • Airdrop BitUSD on Argentinian University emails (i.e. uba.ar).
Would you support me as a delegate?

+5% From what I've seen so far I'll definitely support you as a delegate.

I'm especially interested in pursuing the angle of pitching BitUSD to Bitcoin businesses in places like Argentina.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Good question. Traditionally, I measure marketing performance by profit minus how much I spend on advertising. It's really easy when you can track everything that's going in and out of a funnel... It won't be possible to objectively measure any delegate position. If you're a developer you could have someone like bytemaster determine the code quality and we can all see commits being made on github. Marketing will be considerably more subjective since there is no way to track how much a marketing campaign adds to market cap.

My sample rubric for evaluating a marketing delegate, beginning after a sufficient lead time (e.g. three months):

1.) "Are you better off now than you were some months ago"? Evidence: Market cap growth, discounted for any obvious external factors beyond the delegate's control.
2.) "Subtracting the cost of the delegate, are the delegate's actions contributing sufficiently to this growth?" Evidence: Subjective evaluation of delegate's work.

Yes to both? --> Re-elect the good guys; what they're doing is working.
No to one or both? --> Throw the bums out.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:57:03 pm by donkeypong »

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I support you! Awesome enthusiasm and plenty of vision.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline bobmaloney

I would really like to see growth in this direction.

I would support up to 4 delegates under your name: $10,000/mo budget > $2,500/mo budget

Doing this should draw additional marketing delegates, so I think running more than 1 delegate (at this time) is important.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Pheonike

As for landing page, we need a ingle site that covers our product. Is it bitshares.org or bitharesx.info? Who is managing the site?

Offline Geneko

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I'm an independently wealthy serial entrepreneur with too much time on my hands and an obsession with BitShares. Since I already invest so much time (and even money) in BitShares, I've been considering running a paid marketing delegate. I believe bytemaster has stated elsewhere that he only wants developers as delegates so I don't know how he would feel about this.

If elected, I will focus my skills on what I know: marketing. I think BitUSD (and other BitAssets) have the most viral potential in areas outside Western countries. Argentina, Greece, Ecuador, Spain, Philippines etc, etc. Establishing ourselves in any ONE of these niche markets would send our market cap through the roof and facilitate horizontal viral growth into other related niches.

• Pitch BitUSD to Bitcoin businesses outside America where real USD demand is high but supply is low (i.e. BitPagos).

I have not heard Bytemaster say that marketing delegates need not apply.  Quite the opposite.  He expects marketing talent to compete for such slots.   The only source of funding to support the DAC's many needs will eventually be as employees of the DAC.  This would imply that eventually even the janitor will need to be funded by a delegate.

I plan to support up to 101 of the best must-have, slam-dunk value propositions presented by credible candidates.  (I don't expect there to be 101 credible must-have, slam-dunk candidates any time soon.)

But you look like a good potential value proposition so far...  :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I've seen several of your posts, I like how much you're dedicated to the Bitshares community and your down to earth approach to marketing. Knowing that you're independently wealthy gives me confidence you'll put the funds to good use instead of mostly paying for your time.

You've got my vote!

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
Will you use dilution or a high pay rate to fund marketing?

It would be a "salary" position, so that means 50 BTS per block or $2500 per month. I will start by putting this toward online ads.

I would support you in this...

Glad to hear. $2500 per month would pay for a healthy online advertising campaign... I can think of many ways to be creative with that.

As for parts of your marketing plan that do not depend on (or are greatly aided by) the mobile client, which as far as I can see is just the strategic sub-reddit advertising, how much pay would it really take to accomplish. I am more than happy to vote for you as a delegate (or a even a few), but we need to know the pay rate you will be asking for and what that pay can be effectively used for at the current stage of BitShares development.

I agree with everything you've said. $2500 per month will only pay for a nice little online marketing campaign but it's a good start. I would do a reddit campaign, coinmarketcap, Alex Jones ... all the low hanging fruit. I'd A/B test the landing pages / ads to see what marketing message works best.

What projects have you been involved with, from a marketing perspective in the past? How do you think its best to go forward with marketing?

I do "infomercials" for the internet (products on clickbank.com) and consult with local startups in Waterloo Ontario. I've worked with Blackberry, desire2learn MapedIn, RiseandHang, WAY too many Communitch companies to list. My first ever foray into viral marketing was when I created http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org back in 2005 (50 million lifetime unique views).

Then you can tell your girlfriend you are now being payed in BitShits :P

She says "can they be converted into real money". ::)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:44:29 pm by MeTHoDx »

Offline onceuponatime

Offline bytemaster

I would support you in this... this would be a "salary position" and not "give away funds"... so I support such a position.

Each delegate position earns about $2500 per month at todays market cap with 100% pay.   It isn't much, but then again you are independently wealthy and are seeing your own stake grow.

I assume this $2500 a month is for a 'salary delegate' and not a standard delegate.  Is there some official explanation of what a salary delegate is/how it works.  I've obviously missed it.

A delegate with 100% pay rate under the new rules...  50 BTS per block.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Xeldal

Offline robrigo

I support MethodX for salary delegate. The post on BitcoinMarkets, making BitsharesMarkets subreddit, the whatisbitusd.com site, rallying to determine open bazaar feasibility, and the push to promote finding niche bit asset markets, are some examples of your past contributions.

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with more incentive and time to contribute to the project.

+5%

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
You have my vote MethodX!

Then you can tell your girlfriend you are now being payed in BitShits :P
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:44:52 pm by trader »

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

What projects have you been involved with, from a marketing perspective in the past? How do you think its best to go forward with marketing?

Offline Rune

• View Profile
The big question in this is really salary and transparency. If the results are lacking but with efficient transparency, it would be extremely easy for stakeholders to simply fire a delegate again. So there would still be very little risk at hiring people to e.g. work full time at a competitive salary from the beginning.

The first step in winning the entire crypto market is for industry-wide highly specialized skill to consider a bitshares delegate position the most attractive in the industry. We need to be the google of crypto when it comes to jobs.

We can afford to offer "google-level" positions because it is so easy to fire a delegate again as long there is efficient transparency.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Thanks for the stats BM. Support +5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Yes, but the timing of these steps is important. Will the marketing campaign be ineffective without the mobile client? If so resources should be first directed towards developing the lightweight client and then a mobile app for both Android and iOS. This will take considerable resources. One delegate at maximum dilution may not be able to do it in a reasonable amount of time (depends on market cap I guess). And also we need good developers (ideally people working with the I3 team) working on such important core functionality. After those necessary tools and infrastructure are in place, I would be more than happy to support the parts of your marketing plan that depend on the mobile client for success.

As for parts of your marketing plan that do not depend on (or are greatly aided by) the mobile client, which as far as I can see is just the strategic sub-reddit advertising, how much pay would it really take to accomplish. I am more than happy to vote for you as a delegate (or a even a few), but we need to know the pay rate you will be asking for and what that pay can be effectively used for at the current stage of BitShares development.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:39:14 pm by arhag »

Offline suwoder

• View Profile

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Will you use dilution or a high pay rate to fund marketing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline matador123

• View Profile
I think this is an important step that could provide us with some serious growth. Based on your huge involvement on these forums, I would support you as a delegate.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:17:46 pm by MeTHoDx »