Author Topic: Advice wanted: I'm considering running a marketing delegate.  (Read 18564 times)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I'm an independently wealthy serial entrepreneur with too much time on my hands and an obsession with BitShares. Since I already invest so much time (and even money) in BitShares, I've been considering running a paid marketing delegate. I believe bytemaster has stated elsewhere that he only wants developers as delegates so I don't know how he would feel about this.

If elected, I will focus my skills on what I know: marketing. I think BitUSD (and other BitAssets) have the most viral potential in areas outside Western countries. Argentina, Greece, Ecuador, Spain, Philippines etc, etc. Establishing ourselves in any ONE of these niche markets would send our market cap through the roof and facilitate horizontal viral growth into other related niches.

What I WANT to do / see done:
  • Launch an advertising campaign on strategic sub-reddits.
  • Pitch BitUSD to Bitcoin businesses outside America where real USD demand is high but supply is low (i.e. BitPagos).
  • Contract developers for BitAsset merchant integration.
  • Contract developers for a BitAsset specific mobile wallet (iOS & Android).
  • Airdrop BitUSD on Argentinian area codes (requires mobile wallet).
  • Airdrop BitUSD on Argentinian University emails (i.e. uba.ar).
Would you support me as a delegate?

What projects have you been involved with, from a marketing perspective in the past? How do you think its best to go forward with marketing?

Offline Rune

• View Profile
The big question in this is really salary and transparency. If the results are lacking but with efficient transparency, it would be extremely easy for stakeholders to simply fire a delegate again. So there would still be very little risk at hiring people to e.g. work full time at a competitive salary from the beginning.

The first step in winning the entire crypto market is for industry-wide highly specialized skill to consider a bitshares delegate position the most attractive in the industry. We need to be the google of crypto when it comes to jobs.

We can afford to offer "google-level" positions because it is so easy to fire a delegate again as long there is efficient transparency.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Thanks for the stats BM. Support +5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Yes, but the timing of these steps is important. Will the marketing campaign be ineffective without the mobile client? If so resources should be first directed towards developing the lightweight client and then a mobile app for both Android and iOS. This will take considerable resources. One delegate at maximum dilution may not be able to do it in a reasonable amount of time (depends on market cap I guess). And also we need good developers (ideally people working with the I3 team) working on such important core functionality. After those necessary tools and infrastructure are in place, I would be more than happy to support the parts of your marketing plan that depend on the mobile client for success.

As for parts of your marketing plan that do not depend on (or are greatly aided by) the mobile client, which as far as I can see is just the strategic sub-reddit advertising, how much pay would it really take to accomplish. I am more than happy to vote for you as a delegate (or a even a few), but we need to know the pay rate you will be asking for and what that pay can be effectively used for at the current stage of BitShares development.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:39:14 pm by arhag »

Offline suwoder

• View Profile

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

I would support you in this... this would be a "salary position" and not "give away funds"... so I support such a position.

Each delegate position earns about $2500 per month at todays market cap with 100% pay.   It isn't much, but then again you are independently wealthy and are seeing your own stake grow.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Will you use dilution or a high pay rate to fund marketing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline matador123

• View Profile
I think this is an important step that could provide us with some serious growth. Based on your huge involvement on these forums, I would support you as a delegate.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I'm an independently wealthy serial entrepreneur with too much time on my hands and an obsession with BitShares. Since I already invest so much time (and even money) in BitShares, I've been considering running a paid marketing delegate. I believe bytemaster has stated elsewhere that he only wants developers as delegates so I don't know how he would feel about this.

If elected, I will focus my skills on what I know: marketing. I think BitUSD (and other BitAssets) have the most viral potential in areas outside Western countries. Argentina, Greece, Ecuador, Spain, Philippines etc, etc. Establishing ourselves in any ONE of these niche markets would send our market cap through the roof and facilitate horizontal viral growth into other related niches.

What I WANT to do / see done:
  • Launch an advertising campaign on strategic sub-reddits.
  • Pitch BitUSD to Bitcoin businesses outside America where real USD demand is high but supply is low (i.e. BitPagos).
  • Contract developers for BitAsset merchant integration.
  • Contract developers for a BitAsset specific mobile wallet (iOS & Android).
  • Airdrop BitUSD on Argentinian area codes (requires mobile wallet).
  • Airdrop BitUSD on Argentinian University emails (i.e. uba.ar).
Would you support me as a delegate?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:17:46 pm by MeTHoDx »