Author Topic: BitAssets moving to main page on coinmarketcap soon :)  (Read 2837 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Votes for your current delegate will not support 100% pay under the new system.
I don't get that .. from what I know .. current delegates get a 1% pay rate .. I thought the payrate will also not be increment-able?

What you know is almost right... 3% of 50 BTS = 1.5 BTS per block is what all existing delegates will be paid after the hard fork.  If you want a pay rate that is higher (the full 50 BTS) then you will have to create a new delegate account.
Thanks for the clarification ..

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
I'm almost done setting a delegate up so I'll be launching an advertising campaign soon. Reddit and coinmarketcap are my first priorities.

Very excited for this and so glad to have you in the community.

Offline bytemaster

I don't get that .. from what I know .. current delegates get a 1% pay rate .. I thought the payrate will also not be increment-able?

What you know is almost right... 3% of 50 BTS = 1.5 BTS per block is what all existing delegates will be paid after the hard fork.  If you want a pay rate that is higher (the full 50 BTS) then you will have to create a new delegate account.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline bytemaster

Those who are setting up a delegate may want to wait to register your delegate account until after the delegate pay feature is implemented.  Votes for your current delegate will not support 100% pay under the new system.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline James212

• View Profile
I'm almost done setting a delegate up so I'll be launching an advertising campaign soon. Reddit and coinmarketcap are my first priorities.

+5%
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

I was personally interested in CMC main page advertising when BitAssets were on the assets page.

Once BitAssets are listed on the main page, I feel they'll advertise themselves especially if the BitUSD CAP gets a bit higher.

It would be nice if BitUSD on CMC linked to something like WhatisBitUSD and if the site also gave them and idea of current yield. I don't know how others feel though.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Next step:  get someone to buy $2M more bitUSD so we are ahead of Nubits. :D

Bots.

Good news. Nice job, toast!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Next step:  get someone to buy $2M more bitUSD so we are ahead of Nubits. :D
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Looks like we may see BitUSD on the main page on coinmarketcap again soon :) Thanks Toast for making the case!

Gliss, can you please consider changing the front page to show "all" instead of just "currencies"?

The distinction is totally arbitrary. "Has its own blockchain" is clearly not the distinguishing factor if you are putting both nubits and nushares, meanwhile bitUSD doesn't get to be on the front page even though it's completely analagous to nubits.

Stuff like MaidSafeCoin is important - just because it's on MSC doesn't mean it shouldn't be first-class.

All the shitty user-issued assets won't show up near the top anyway. If something is worth $XXm, it should be visible.

Agreed.  The only reason I separated them out in the first place is because I considered the assets section experimental and didn't want to risk destroying the main page.  But the assets page has been pretty stable so I will make the switch soon.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg9380965#msg9380965

This is great news imo. The coinmarketcap main page is a top 10k site and a great advertising platform. (It brings more visitors to BTSX than our websites & forum) but the asset page is viewed much less. BTSX at no. 4 doesn't immediately communicate BitAssets even when you go to the site but seeing 'BitUSD $0.99' on the main page especially with the greater than $1 million CAP they have now will advertise them and communicate what they are.

(Even better if the BitUSD link on CMC directs you to a BitUSD website that displays the current/frequently updated yield on BitUSD as an annual percentage.)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:44:04 pm by Empirical1.1 »