Author Topic: Delegates are honorary positions, not for financial interest!  (Read 11665 times)

Offline Riverhead

Have you done the math? My current remuneration for the hours I've spent maintaining a delegate: frequent releases, vps costs and setup, helping other delegates get up and running, maintaining price feeds, etc. Has so far been around $2 a month. At one point during the high price days I almost cleared $4 a month.

If that is greedy than I'm not sure what to say.

Keep in mind this is all open source. If you feel this strongly you can clone the project and make your own DAC with no dilution. The hard part will be finding the staff that'll work for transaction fees.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

If you think you have a big loss as delegate, please give up the delegate position!Ok?I will serve btsx holders for free!
In nature, you donot take the delegate as the honorary role!

Nothing is more dangerous than someone in a financial system who has great power claiming that "he does not need money , just serve the people ".

Because a pure good person like that would have go to the third world country and help the poor people already instead of playing a major role in a financial system .
What you said is nonsense!一派胡言

Well, you can't be everything to everyone. In your world people work for free for the benefit of everyone. In my world I either pay my mortgage or the bank takes my house.

Gotta play the hand I'm dealt.

Offline Felix

• View Profile
Have you done the math? My current remuneration for the hours I've spent maintaining a delegate: frequent releases, vps costs and setup, helping other delegates get up and running, maintaining price feeds, etc. Has so far been around $2 a month. At one point during the high price days I almost cleared $4 a month.

Keep in mind this is all open source. If you feel this strongly you can clone the project and make your own DAC with no dilution. The hard part will be finding the staff that'll work for transaction fees.

If you think you have a big loss as delegate, please give up the delegate position!Ok?I will serve btsx holders for free!

Nothing is more dangerous than someone in a financial system who has great power claiming that "he does not need money , just serve the people ".

Because a pure good person like that would have go to the third world country and help the poor people already instead of playing a major role in a financial system .
What you said is nonsense!一派胡言

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Felix

• View Profile

Offline Rune

• View Profile
If BTSX did not implement dilution, a competing blockchain would implement it and eventually fork all its features and hire all its developers while marketing aggressively to all its stakeholders and its target demographics.

We would have been obliterated by a business model we ourselves created. Many people have a hard time envisioning this, but most people don't have experience marketing a product. Bitcoin is unique and a bad comparison to an altcoin (which is what the public sees us as) because it will always gain immense amounts of mindshare inherent from the fact that it is the first blockchain. Altcoins need to be marketed.

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
All the sparks in this tread are Stud Hunt game I have been talking about.

This is obviously panic in charge here.

Keep head cool. Somebody is making profit on it and you should know that fact.

Offline Riverhead

Offline Felix

• View Profile

NO!! I realize Bitcoin is the 800lb gorilla in the room right now but that may not always be the case. If we are going to enshrine anything it cannot be tied to an existing tech. That just assures BTS' place as a second class citizen.

"Less % than bitcoin" is the marketing version, to sell the idea.

The real version is "50 BTS per block cap".  Nothing in the code about bitcoin.

Do you compare the degree of market acceptance between BTC and BTS? Do you know the gap between BTC price and BTS price?
Do not take minority shareholders as idiots!

Offline Felix

• View Profile
To the thread title I have to say: Who is going to pay for all this?

As a campaigning IT delegate I have real expenses. VPS services are not free. DDOS protection is not free. My time is not free.

I can sit on my BTS stash and wait for "them" to do the work but you don't have to go very far up the food chain before you run out of "them" and realize it's either do it yourself or it doesn't get done.

Delegates have already had the transaction costs as remuneration!This is definitely not the reason! Even to accelerate the development of bts system, new bts shares after dilution shall be dedicated to those new delegates (not all delegates). right? But it still leaves the issue about how to estimate the contribution led by new delegates!!! As all such issues are not clear, you, greedy delegate,have began to attempt to robbing the fortune of all shareholders!Shameless! 

Offline zhangweis

• View Profile
If we can with the new BitShares on Nov 5th have a some kind of constitution with an unchangeable maximum dilution rate (competitive with Bitcoin), enshrined as the first rule/principle, I personally believe that would be superior to a maximum flexibility DAC.
+5%
Weibo:http://weibo.com/zhangweis

Offline Riverhead

To the thread title I have to say: Who is going to pay for all this?

As a campaigning IT delegate I have real expenses. VPS services are not free. DDOS protection is not free. My time is not free.

I can sit on my BTS stash and wait for "them" to do the work but you don't have to go very far up the food chain before you run out of "them" and realize it's either do it yourself or it doesn't get done.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:28:01 am by Riverhead »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
BTS must like  BTC only 2100W

Sure , we can set a hard limit at 10 billion , then it's a "fixed supply" in the eyes of the world . If someday in the future the world need more BTS , we can always do a hard fork .

没问题。可以设置固定的总量为100亿,那在世人眼中就是“总量固定”了。   :P  如果以后不够用,再硬分叉一个呗。

声称总量固定是非常容易的事,哪怕我们都知道比特币天天在增加。
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
BitGold which has no dilution. The FED can print USD

Bytemaster if you're reading this please take the opportunity to promote BitGold. If BitGold were promoted at the same time as your plans were put in place panic could have been prevented.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Its 2021:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply

Great... an enshrined constitution that stipulates an dilution rate strictly less than BTC's inflation rate would "tie our hands" and should be carefully considered, but from a marketing perspective there is a strong case.

You are changing almost all essential elements in the original consensus!!!
If the original consensus allows the dilution rate, I am sure that most holders did not buy btsx shares in the past! Particularly, the benefit caused by the future dilution will be not for minority shareholders, but only for delegates ! Now I cann't see at all  the meaning of decentralization. Your opinion is just the decision! right? That's the reason why some chinese are asking for the help of the authority to forbid btsx trades on BTC38!

I would suggest you read the October Newsletter before jumping to conclusions.
How the original consensus is honored is shown there.
The consensus is silent on the subject of dilution except that we said we were building a company
and companies wisely dilute to accelerate growth and beat their competitors.
The decision will be made by the elected delegates. 
If they don't accept the fork, nothing will happen.
Invictus scaffolding will disappear and be replaced by independent developers
who answer directly to the individual shareholders.
Perfect decentralization.  No central point of attack.
The benefit in share price growth affects every stakeholder the same.
Everybody is hugely better off.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:11:52 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Riverhead

"Less % than bitcoin" is the marketing version, to sell the idea.

The real version is "50 BTS per block cap".  Nothing in the code about bitcoin.

That makes sense.