Author Topic: What does a 'Stock Buyback' look like in BTS?  (Read 2735 times)

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Maybe we could get back on topic? Haha

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
Thanks....and the BTC38 guys are waiting for some other plan from you ? On the skype . He said he couldn't reach you and BM , the 11.05 are coming , so they need an final answer .
Final decision can be made right after the snapshot .. not before ..
supply in DNS is increasing .. so it does not make sense to guestimate the supply at the 5. nov..

Oh . it's about other stuff ...
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thanks....and the BTC38 guys are waiting for some other plan from you ? On the skype . He said he couldn't reach you and BM , the 11.05 are coming , so they need an final answer .
Final decision can be made right after the snapshot .. not before ..
supply in DNS is increasing .. so it does not make sense to guestimate the supply at the 5. nov..

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
Instead of burning fees, you could collect them in all their various forms, and then once a month sell them all for BTS and burn it all at once.

"what amount of  supply of the orginal DNS was taken into the new super DAC to air drop on ? "  5 billion or 10 billion or whatever real time supply of DNS on the 11.5 snapshot day ?

Thanks toast , I'm asking on behalf of BTC38.

The real supply minus the dev fund so about 4.05bn total

Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Instead of burning fees, you could collect them in all their various forms, and then once a month sell them all for BTS and burn it all at once.

"what amount of  supply of the orginal DNS was taken into the new super DAC to air drop on ? "  5 billion or 10 billion or whatever real time supply of DNS on the 11.5 snapshot day ?

The real supply minus the dev fund so about 4.05bn total
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cn-members

• View Profile

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile

Sell fees for BTS? Aren't all fees denominated in BTS?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
What seems to be the problem is that there is no 'company' and 'shareholder' separation. Since a buyback is when 'the company' buys shares back from 'the shareholders', and since 'the shareholders' are 'the company', this makes any definition of a buyback meaningless in the context of the DAC. Is this right? I have heard people talk about 'buybacks' in the context of BTS, what could these people have been talking about?

I guess the best analogy would be the burn rate from delegates.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
What seems to be the problem is that there is no 'company' and 'shareholder' separation. Since a buyback is when 'the company' buys shares back from 'the shareholders', and since 'the shareholders' are 'the company', this makes any definition of a buyback meaningless in the context of the DAC. Is this right? I have heard people talk about 'buybacks' in the context of BTS, what could these people have been talking about?

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
If we look at the company analogy, it's clear that inflation is like issuing new shares. But, what does the opposite look like? It seems that a 'Stock Buyback' would be the equivalent of purchasing shares, then burning them. Is this right? Would anyone ever be in a situation where this is desirable?