Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin Hangout 10-31-2014  (Read 2392 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Thanks , gamey  .

BTW , have you heard of  btsync ?

https://www.btsync.com/en/getting-started/

It's a great way of sharing files , like a private cloud .

It'll be more effective in the future if you can use this to share the mumble audio .

If you're interested and don't know how to do it , I can write you a guide .

Torrents?  I was actually thinking about migrating to youtube.  At one point on mumble it was mentioned how you can't SEO mumble or some such, but it isn't like we can't post to youtube. I didn't get anymore answers on the subject when I asked later.

Is soundcloud blocked by the firewall ?  How about youtube ?  Torrents are ok .. and I have nothing against it, but I'd like to find the most effective choice for #2, then look at a 3rd distribution channel.

Soundcloud is meh.  It has a monthly cost, but it provides a nice embedded player and other features.  Something of a pre-existing community.  Youtube does all of that too, but is free.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Thanks , gamey  .

BTW , have you heard of  btsync ?

https://www.btsync.com/en/getting-started/

It's a great way of sharing files , like a private cloud .

It'll be more effective in the future if you can use this to share the mumble audio .

If you're interested and don't know how to do it , I can write you a guide .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/beyond-bitcoin-community-hangout-2014-10-31

0:00 Bytemaster starts talking about how he would like to have more discussions on mumble server to avoid the over-reaching market reactions. Discussion of Methodx and his plans. How the decentralization will work moving forward. Thoughts on the naming and branding of BitShares. How the metaphors have different values to different demographics.
10:12 What is the role of VOTE within the community ?
14:30 Thoughts on the roadmap for the Bitshares SuperDAC.
19:05 BM talks about the various stages needed to reach conensus and further thoughts on how voting will be integrated.
22:33 Someone suggests a yes/no proposal system to keep things simpler. Is the SuperDAC a single company? Bytemaster explains how Delegates work for more simpler problems.
28:55 Reddit questions started – What is the current allocation plan ?
32:20 What are the current thoughts on integrating novel tech into BTS vs DACs ?
36:23 What will the different features going to be with the superDAC ?
42:07 A Chinese user asks about inflation and states how it has affected the Chinese userbase.
50:40 Competing bitAssets from third-party chains ? On the same chain ?
54:56 What will bitUSDs on Play and PeerTracks be called ?
55:11 When will DNS function be launched ? What about SEC investigations and I3 ?
58:30 What are BM's thoughts on having bitshares still being used by DACs and sharing that brand with BTS?
59:35 Trademarking Bitshares ?
1:04:20 When will we see a shorting BTS feature ?
1:06:05 How do we measure contributions of a delegate outside of simple block-signing?
1:08:55 What about the 4 delegates being voted in?
1:11:25 What about the private company based in Hong Kong?
1:13:28 Thoughts on having a delegate defend against the legal battles of individuals?
1:17:23 What about transparency of remaining AGS funds ?
1:20:17 What about adding delegates or having a dynamic system for delegates ​?
1:22 Dan Larimer departs. Discussion continues about voting in large entities as delegates ?
I speak for myself and only myself.