Author Topic: BitShares PLAY Game Tournament: Time to Vote on our first Tourny Game!  (Read 15276 times)

Offline fuzzy

And the Results are in!

DOTA wins!? 

Download it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/570/

Join Mumble here:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4150.0

Join our Twitch.tv Channel here!  http://www.twitch.tv/beyondbitcoin

And practice...but do not form teams (yet).  More is coming regarding team formation.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:35:04 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

As much as I love the constant bumps of this community-building introduction tournament, I think it is definitely a good idea to compile these arguments in a single thread. 

It might also a good idea to provide a general posting here describing the general topic that began here, along with a link to said thread so others can see there was a conversation started in this tournament thread and moved to another, more OP-specific thread. 

zerosum

tonyk2 moved the rest discussions related with this absurd controversy to

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11269.0

Sure fuzz you should run it...

as long as they are willing participants in the tourney it should be fine...
who cares if somebody is screwed to provide the 'prize money'... it is fine...

as long as it is not US it is OK.

Sorry what's the problem? I didn't get it.

Really? You play the idiot now?
Read my post in your allocation thread.

WE can make them one thread now...if this helps your answer the main question...

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
tonyk2 moved the rest discussions related with this absurd controversy to

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11269.0

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

zerosum

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Screw this stupid Tournament, fuzz!!!

HackFisher  is stealing close to a million from me personally and other people who believe too much in the BTS system (i.e. we having our funds in collateral, aka supporting the system) to give insignificant amounts to just one of hundreds of game heads. And how much is the stupid first prize?

You should not be a tool in the hand of the shameless promotional screw up, fuzz!

From my point of view, this is just like an airdrop from reserved funds? 1 million is about 1/2000 of total supply. I remember that we was going to have airdrop plan to shit altcoins and marketing, why couldn't pay some effort to this?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:30:07 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

zerosum

Offline fuzzy

HackFisher  is stealing close to a million from me personally and other people who believe too much in the BTS system (i.e. we having our funds in collateral, aka supporting the system) to give insignificant amounts to just one of hundreds of game heads. And how much is the stupid first prize?

You should not be a tool in the hand of the shameless promotional screw up, fuzz!

I only organize community-building events T-Bone.  Please ask your questions at this Saturday's upcoming Hangout with Hackfisher, or post them to the subreddit and have others who feel your questions are valid upvote them to increase their chance of being asked. 

I am not a tool in the hands of a shameless promotional screw up.  Or at least I do not believe so--or I would not be here.  My main goal is establishing a user-base for bitshares that has competent people who are willing to form open and honest relationships with others.  It is not easy and I will not always be perfect in my endeavors, but I am following Dan's advice and putting myself to action. 

With that said, it is not me who you should direct these inquiries toward but the developers.  I am glad for your openness, however, and believe honest criticism is very valuable for sparking discussions that our community must have in order to effectively scale into a large and self-sustaining ecosystem that out-competes companies like Apple, Microsoft...etc.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile

Lol...just think.  If somethin like league of legends was put on bitdhares play...you could sell those points you earn or skins you buy on sale...and make real money by playing.

If you could speculate on the price of rare skins in PLAY, that would be amazing. ;)

I'd also love to see betting on pro LoL and DoTA matches in PLAY.  Tons of people would be interested in that.

The real question is....when am I going to get to kick all your asses?  Warning ....I can only play support, mid and top :/

hah, interesting, same positions as me, though I play support teemo, mid teemo and top teemo.

zerosum

Offline fuzzy

Lol...just think.  If somethin like league of legends was put on bitdhares play...you could sell those points you earn or skins you buy on sale...and make real money by playing.

If you could speculate on the price of rare skins in PLAY, that would be amazing. ;)

I'd also love to see betting on pro LoL and DoTA matches in PLAY.  Tons of people would be interested in that.

The real question is....when am I going to get to kick all your asses?  Warning ....I can only play support, mid and top :/

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

no Starcraft?

Not Free-to-Play :/

Of course, I spent less money buying starcraft than I have spent on League of Legends. ;)
Funny how that works.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
no Starcraft?

Not Free-to-Play :/

Of course, I spent less money buying starcraft than I have spent on League of Legends. ;)
Funny how that works.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Offline fuzzy

Offline fuzzy

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline mira

• View Profile

We desperately need more volunteers--what do you say?   ;D

What do you desperately need more volunteers for, exactly?  Transcriptions of the hangouts?  Or points of concern?

Any of that.

Noted.

Your quote brings to mind the poem Invictus:

Out of the night that covers me,
 Black as the pit from pole to pole,
 I thank whatever gods may be
 For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
 I have not winced nor cried aloud.
 Under the bludgeonings of chance
 My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
 Looms but the Horror of the shade,
 And yet the menace of the years
 Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
 How charged with punishments the scroll,
 I am the master of my fate,
 I am the captain of my soul.

:)

sumantso

I do not try to mislead Sumantso...only to help people's investments and to build a stronger community.  Trust me, I gain nothing out of running this stuff---literally.  I do it to help shareholders realize an increase in value for their investments and be given the opportunity to have a closer relationship with the developers in whose projects they are depending.

It was a broader you than you you. Personally, you are one of the few whose posts I look up (tonyk, BM being other notable mentions alongwith a few others).

Being volunteer is not an option right now, partly as I am hard pressed for time (otherwise I would've spent more time here and actually seen the Play snapshot announcement), and partly as I am debating whether to exit or at least dilute my position. While monetary reward was a big factor, the 'purist' vision of BM was the primary driver for me being interested in all these.

Thanks for your offer, though. Appreciate it.

Offline fuzzy

Now please vote on your weapon of choice Gladiators!

Offline fuzzy

What do you desperately need more volunteers for, exactly?  Transcriptions of the hangouts?  Or points of concern?

Any of that.  Transcripts of the hangouts are nice...writing your own journalistic content based on the hangout material is great...taking the content and editing/polishing to make your own "BitShares News" podcast would also be awesome.  Many different ways to help. 

It is easy to complain...trust  me I do plenty of it myself, but it is also necessary we actually try to do something about the things we are complaining about, or we are just contributing to the problem.

Quote from: Theodore Roosevelt
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Offline mira

• View Profile

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
In all fairness his hand was forced with the merger which only allowed two weeks till end of PTS days. So independent developer had to figure out a strategy which takes time. I think they did the right thing otherwise PTS would've tanked and would've hurt confidence a lot more. Just my opinion...

Offline fuzzy

If you listen to the last hangout with Hackfisher, you can see we voiced similar concern.  However, it seems Hackfisher was under the impression (imho, incorrectly) that it was only supposed to be announced 14 days in advance of the distribution announcement. 

I do not try to mislead Sumantso...only to help people's investments and to build a stronger community.  Trust me, I gain nothing out of running this stuff---literally.  I do it to help shareholders realize an increase in value for their investments and be given the opportunity to have a closer relationship with the developers in whose projects they are depending. 

I will tell you what though. If it concerns you, I would gladly tip you occasionally out of pocket to listen to the hangouts and provide a write-up for the community on any issues that you find concerning...

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:42:26 am by fuzzy »

sumantso

Wow, just found out that the 5th Nov PTS snapshot is going to be used to allot, and it was announced only on Nov 1st conveniently forgetting the 2 week rule.

Good work, you are all trying to outdo each other to try and destroy investor confidence. Keep it up!

Offline fuzzy

Offline fuzzy

I think i'm going to download LoL again.  Anyone interested in hanging out and playing a few matches tonight?

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Lol @ being a bookie via DPOS. It is beautiful. If odds are posted somewhere, the bet is inside the memo and the funds sent to a named account.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Has anyone out there played Herzog Zwei?  Its essentially the first RTS ever made(predates dune/duneII) and in my opinion is the greatest Genesis game ever made.  Yet sadly few people have ever heard of it.

Oh wow, this brings back memories! :)

Offline fuzzy

Two good ideas for promoting Bitshares:

1) Sponsor a hearthstone tournament.  A bit of marketing funds could be used to this, to provide the prize support for the tournament.  Pay prizes in bitUSD.  Or even just normal USD.  Stream the tournament, get commentators etc like other hearthstone tournaments.

2) Enable betting on League of Legends and DOTA pro matches in bitUSD.  I have read about ideas to allow betting on pro matches with bitcoin and dogecoin in the past.  I don't know how close these are to being implemented, but we could do the same thing using bitUSD.

Let's form a team to work on this stuff?  Ideas are great as they are the beginnings of action...but we need more ACTION!! :)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Two good ideas for promoting Bitshares:

1) Sponsor a hearthstone tournament.  A bit of marketing funds could be used to this, to provide the prize support for the tournament.  Pay prizes in bitUSD.  Or even just normal USD.  Stream the tournament, get commentators etc like other hearthstone tournaments.

2) Enable betting on League of Legends and DOTA pro matches in bitUSD.  I have read about ideas to allow betting on pro matches with bitcoin and dogecoin in the past.  I don't know how close these are to being implemented, but we could do the same thing using bitUSD.

Offline fuzzy

If we get some funding for Quake Live I can announce it on ESReality. I have like 12000 posts on that forum  :o

+5%

post it there and request they register an account and vote it up.  Then maybe we can get them to join the Tournament! ;)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
If we get some funding for Quake Live I can announce it on ESReality. I have like 12000 posts on that forum  :o

Xeldal

Has anyone out there played Herzog Zwei?  Its essentially the first RTS ever made(predates dune/duneII) and in my opinion is the greatest Genesis game ever made.  Yet sadly few people have ever heard of it.

I just recently found AirMech which is a modernized version of Herzog Zwei and I'm really digging it.  Check it out.

I'm also a Quake fan, voted for that.  I haven't played Quake live though.  I'll have to take a look.

I looked at it and it looked pretty cool, but seemed like it would be a little less straight forward than the other games on the list.  Don't feel bad though, Gensto apparently thought Oregon Trail was a competitive game :)

Currently winning at the time of this post:
League of Legends (LoL)
Dota
World of Tanks (WoT)

Yeah AirMech is still in beta.  It was actually a little frustrating figuring out how to control everything.  The tutorial is very wordy and not so helpful.  Great fun though once you get it.  Having played Herzog Zwei extensively helps too. :P

Offline fuzzy

I just recently found AirMech which is a modernized version of Herzog Zwei and I'm really digging it.  Check it out.

I'm also a Quake fan, voted for that.  I haven't played Quake live though.  I'll have to take a look.

I looked at it and it looked pretty cool, but seemed like it would be a little less straight forward than the other games on the list.  Don't feel bad though, Gensto apparently thought Oregon Trail was a competitive game :)

Currently winning at the time of this post:
League of Legends (LoL)
Dota
World of Tanks (WoT)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 07:46:49 pm by fuzzy »

Xeldal

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
SSBM has an amazingly strong community of passionate gamers. The game has been around for 13 years and it is still bigger than ever. I used to play competitively, and know that if you involve SSBM with something BitShares related it could be great marketing. Please consider this when making your vote!

lol, I got to know this game in blackburg from toast and nathan.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
SSBM has an amazingly strong community of passionate gamers. The game has been around for 13 years and it is still bigger than ever. I used to play competitively, and know that if you involve SSBM with something BitShares related it could be great marketing. Please consider this when making your vote!

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
 +5% Cool, appreciate the effort for organize tournament like this.

Offline fuzzy

Please vote on 3 of them.  If there is a tie, I will flip a coin. 

Some games I deemed a bit too difficult for everyone to easily download.  Some were not free to play.  Others did not meet the established guidelines...and some people mentioned so many that I had to cut back most of their list.   Sorry...but I think 12 games is fine for now. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 04:20:29 pm by fuzzy »