Author Topic: The snapshot only concerns PTS and DNS!! NOT BTSX!!  (Read 3850 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I think the BTSX selling is just a normal retracement of the rise we had from .084 to .125 CNY. 

It looks like it might have bottomed at .105, which would be a 50% retracement, then we bounced.  I think we might be heading down to about .099 to .100 which would be the .618 retracement line.  (Or maybe we go up now because bitcoin has started rallying).
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Sure, investors can buy and sell whenever they want to .. and I dare tell them they are doing wrong .. do what ever you like .. I am not a trader nor a big investor ..

I just wanted to make clear that those expecting BTS from their BTSX do not sell their stake because they thought BTSX has been snapshotted .. and they can get rid of them ..
That's just not the case.

well , no need to be worried ...because people aren't that stupid yet .... most exchanges gave out a detail plan telling people "BTSX will not be affected after snapshot" , so I'm just saying today's price movement just another issue .

Although one thing did seem odd is that PTS is not dropping ....

I was watching PTS on Bter and I'm 99% sure that someone forgot to turn their arbitrage bot off. I'd sell 10 PTS into the top bid, and 15 seconds later there would be a new bid waiting for me at the same price. I gratefully thank whoever it was that donated so much BTC to me in this way! Hopefully this will be a cautionary tale to all those who run bots.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
at bter it just started dropping ..
it seems alot PTS are on the move now .. the block after the snapshot moves 150k PTS .. once they are confirmed on the exchanges we will see an EPIC tanking .. IMHO

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Sure, investors can buy and sell whenever they want to .. and I dare tell them they are doing wrong .. do what ever you like .. I am not a trader nor a big investor ..

I just wanted to make clear that those expecting BTS from their BTSX do not sell their stake because they thought BTSX has been snapshotted .. and they can get rid of them ..

well , no need to be worried ...because people aren't that stupid yet .... most exchanges gave out a detail plan telling people "BTSX will not be affected after snapshot" , so I'm just saying today's price movement just another issue .

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
PS Good opportunity to buy undervalued BTS (ex BTSX) but it is unfair for those they misunderstood the situation right now due bad communication from the external exchanges !
which still is the fault of the investor how did not investigate properly before doing his investment/divestment ..
If I had spare BTC lying around I wouldn't feel sad about buying more BTS(X) from uninformed sellers ..

they can blame the exchanges ..  8)
It's about time people start thinking about central exchanges and their powers

Well , I can tell you , people rarely made that mistake in China ..... so that's not it .
Some people just want to sell .

As for the reason why ? I don't think the people on this forum really need to ask that question after everything happened in the last month ....... people really get hurt , even the ones with big money .

It's an investment , after all . Calling it faith or dream does not change the fact that the market is filled with more than 90% investment money . We can't just expecting they have blind hope after their hopes were taken away from them in reality .

If we don't think for them now , you won't be able to be happy for buying at this price . Because when more people lose hope , the big money don't have any people to profit from , they'll left too .

We've seen good product failed by the market before . It's time to brace the reality : major investors left , it's not their fault , it's ours. And if we can't acknowledge that fact , even every major progress being made is gonna be just another good time for someone to dump their shares ,  one step forward , three step back .
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 12:50:37 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
PS Good opportunity to buy undervalued BTS (ex BTSX) but it is unfair for those they misunderstood the situation right now due bad communication from the external exchanges !
which still is the fault of the investor how did not investigate properly before doing his investment/divestment ..
If I had spare BTC lying around I wouldn't feel sad about buying more BTS(X) from uninformed sellers ..

they can blame the exchanges ..  8)
It's about time people start thinking about central exchanges and their powers

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I noticed people are selling BTSX now ...
maybe they are unaware of the fact that BTSX is not snapshotted .. it will not be "airdropped" ... it will be UPGARDED

and as such, if you sell you BTSX now (after the snapshot - which makes not sense) .. then you also sell you BTS!

Just my 0. 2BTS

I think that is the case with many traders/investors.
If you read btc38 announcement it is really not clear.
If I don't was a regular reader on the forum here, my first impression would be BTS is a totally new DAC and not a BTSX upgrade!

Offline davidpbrown

Need for http://coinmarketcap.com https://bter.com and others to change to BTS asap to ensure it is clear a change has occurred.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

julian1

It's called BTS now, not BTSX!

ID    SYMBOL NAME                    DESCRIPTION                                     ISSUER                          ISSUED    SUPPLY       

============================================================================================================================================
===============
0     BTS    BitShares               Community. Company. Currency                    GENESIS                         N/A       1,999,897,904
.50517 BTS
16    CAD    Canadian Dollar         1 Canadian dollar                               MARKET                          N/A       0.0000 CAD   

At least, when running HEAD revision of Bitshares version.

Offline davidpbrown

Do we know yet when the change to BTS will happen?.. will it need to be later this month or will it be sooner??
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
I noticed people are selling BTSX now ...
maybe they are unaware of the fact that BTSX is not snapshotted .. it will not be "airdropped" ... it will be UPGARDED

and as such, if you sell you BTSX now (after the snapshot - which makes not sense) .. then you also sell you BTS!

Just my 0. 2BTS

Thanks for clarifying that, I haven't sold any but i was about to ask if they were affected by the snapshot.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Maybe it is to prevent their stake from being diluted? But wouldn't that dilution be over the course of 2 years or does it start happening as soon as it is upgraded?
- yhea delution over 2 years .. plus a very small delution to pay for development
- starting with the upgrade
- also those could have sold earlier .. there really is no reason to sell just now .. unless you think a snapshot was made on BTSX

To be honest I don't really care about if people are selling or not .. I just wanted to make this point clear .. not that some people get mad afterwards .. :)

I was just trying to come up with reasons why someone might sell now. I didn't.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Maybe it is to prevent their stake from being diluted? But wouldn't that dilution be over the course of 2 years or does it start happening as soon as it is upgraded?
- yhea delution over 2 years .. plus a very small delution to pay for development
- starting with the upgrade
- also those could have sold earlier .. there really is no reason to sell just now .. unless you think a snapshot was made on BTSX

To be honest I don't really care about if people are selling or not .. I just wanted to make this point clear .. not that some people get mad afterwards .. :)

Offline jae208

• View Profile
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials