Author Topic: Give free bts to all bitcointalk users  (Read 4553 times)

Offline roadscape

Inviting the bottom 99% of BitcoinTalk would be disastrous
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I research thread in BTT, there isn`t a thread to introduce all concepts of BTS.
it is a urgent thing to create a main thread in bitcoiontalk.com to spread all concepts of BTS ,
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
Any user we target needs to pay back their cost of acquisition through value generated for shareholders. I think it does not make economic sense to be paying a lot for new users at this point when realistically there is not yet much they can do in the system to generate value for BTS holders.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:35:27 am by starspirit »

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
you can give free bitusd to some users
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline joele

• View Profile

They may know about btsx, but they haven't necessarily created a wallet.  Once they do that, then they're a lot closer to using it as a currency.

Give-aways are no longer allowed on bitcointalk.  We couldn't give away the name registration fee for btsx and had to point people to a thread on here.

Security issues to prevent gaming the system make it harder than it may appear.

Only posting in bitcointalk for give-aways is not allowed, but this info can be posted in reddit/bitcoin (or related btc sites), then the users signature are the one will promote in bitcointalk
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:40:30 am by joele »

Offline joele

• View Profile
airdrop BTS to bitcointalk user is not a good way , it will give a  expression that BTS is cheap.
but I can created a thread in bitcointalk to spread what is BTS,  let more people know advantage of BTS,  what is TITAN , what is DPOS, what is peg , what is bitusd . etc

The point here is to make the new user try the bts wallet.
This is like bitcoin faucet site, but more generous (thus it has requirements to claim)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:35:45 am by joele »

Offline joele

• View Profile
It's not a good idea. They have already known about BTSX because of its rank on coinmarketcap .

Yes, they know about it but they never tried it, once they understand the advantage of the bts wallet they may hook to it.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
airdrop BTS to bitcointalk user is not a good way , it will give a  expression that BTS is cheap.
but I can created a thread in bitcointalk to spread what is BTS,  let more people know advantage of BTS,  what is TITAN , what is DPOS, what is peg , what is bitusd . etc
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline gamey

• View Profile

They may know about btsx, but they haven't necessarily created a wallet.  Once they do that, then they're a lot closer to using it as a currency.

Give-aways are no longer allowed on bitcointalk.  We couldn't give away the name registration fee for btsx and had to point people to a thread on here.

Security issues to prevent gaming the system make it harder than it may appear.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
It's not a good idea. They have already known about BTSX because of its rank on coinmarketcap .
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
Dilution only makes sense if the capital accretion outweighs the cost of dilution. Here we are really talking about buying people's attention with some free coin. I doubt the convertibility rate to capital accretive users will be very high. I do remember when Auroracoin airdropped on everyone in Iceland. It had a market cap of $1 bn + at one point, and now you can buy it with the cash hidden under your mattress.

Offline joele

• View Profile
The best place to find potential users of bitshares is in bitcointalk, because they know how crypto system works.

Why not give all users of bitcointalk a generous amount of free bts.

1. Make a snapshot of all bitcointalk users and their ranks.
2. The amount of bts to receive is different from their rank.
3. Then they can redeem their free bts by going to site like http://bitcointalk_users_get_your_free_bts.com/<username>
4. Requirement is they need to use account name to redeem, this way we know they have the bts wallet.
5. to check if they are the actual user they need to add a required signature in bitcointalk forum like "Get your free bts here" and the link is their referral url (http://bitcointalk_users_get_your_free_bts.com/<username>)
6. If someone clicked their signature then they get a 100% of this user claimed bts, so they will keep their signature.

What ya think?