Author Topic: Use p2p network to download latest wallets & help downloading at high speed  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I'm soooo looking forward to when we get an internal secure communications system that will allow free twitter like discussion in china.

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
because of the 'special network environment' in some areas, the links for downloading bts wallets provided by I3 are difficult to download. Here we provide a way to download latest (yes, the source will automatically detect new versions released from I3 download it to share) wallet installers through p2p network, and through this you can help dowloading for friends even they don't have good connection .

There are 4 steps in this article, and these steps are once and for all except step 3, which requires you to check the SHA1 checksum manually:
1. Install and use bittorrent sync
2. Use bittorrent sync to download latest wallets
3. Manually check SHA1 checksum of wallet installers (you have to get it from i3 github page), and once confirmed you can use it and help sharing
4. The list of downloading keys of wallets for different platforms

1. Install and use bittorrent sync
Bittorrent Sync is a private cloud software developed by original bittorrent team. Basically, it is on top of bittorrent protocol, and plus the greatly simplified user experiences. For details, please search google. Here we only use it as a way to establish a p2p network for users to download latest bts wallets and help downloading.

Firstly, please link to its official website to downlaod the software:
www.getsync.com
press the button in the middle to start downloading.

Start installation after the download is finished.

No options are need to be changed, just press install.

Installation will be finished soon, and check the box to agree the lisence.

Its UI is simpler than most softwares

Firstly we can make some simple configuration. Press the wheel on the right side

the device name will be shown in the peer list (not IP, IP is not going to be revealed), so you can change it to any name you want.
You can check "progress" and "peers" or anything for details you wanna see, and change the UI language to yours

In advanced tab you can check“show copy key”. Restart the software to make changes take effect.

After restart, the configurations have been applied. Now you can use it to download latest bts wallet installers.

2. Use bittorrent sync to download latest wallets
It is even more easier to downlaod wallets. Select enter a key inside the wheel on the right side.

Please enter”BA6GORJOFDD6QXPV3OOIXJZAWWFHI7HCO”. People with experience can easily understand that means an 'address'. The key used here is to download BTSX wallets (32bit).

You will be asked for a folder to sync with. Please note that this folder is used for syncing, so please create a new folder woth nothing in it. e.g., I created a folder called ”BTSX钱包 32位 最新版分流” under "文件"

After a while the download will be started. After it is finished, the installer will be in the folder you designated.

3. Manually check SHA1 checksum of wallet installers (you have to get it from i3 github page), and once confirmed you can use it and help sharing
When download is finished, please don't be in a rush. You can firstly check whether this file is the same as the installer provided by I3. Please visit the github page of I3 to fetch the SHA1 checksum of it(https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases):

SHA1 checksum is just like the fingerprint of a file, so it will be different if the checked file is modified, From the github page of I3, you can see the SHA1 checksum of 0.4.23.1 windows 32bit installer is”1468c2b529aecbd4bdaf52e6b64ba532e9f27d0a”

Please use any Checksum calculating software you like to do this. Here we use HashMyFiles. The downloading url for it is:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/hash_my_files.html
There are 3 links in the bottom part of this page, including 32bit version, 64bit version, and win98 compatible version. Here we press the first one to download.

After extraction, there are 3 files. Execute the .exe file.

You can calculate checksums of any file by simply drag it in its window. Here we can see the SHA1 checksum of installer we downloaded is”1468c2b529aecbd4bdaf52e6b64ba532e9f27d0a”, which is the same as the checksum provided by I3. So you can be sure that this file is not modified (e.g., virus, trojans, etc), nor incompleted.

After confirming the file is correct, it can be used to install, and you can help sharing by just keep bittorrent sync open. BTW, if you modify this file, it won't be accepted nor affect other users. Because it is a read-only key.

4. The list of downloading keys of wallets for different platforms

Windows 32bit
BA6GORJOFDD6QXPV3OOIXJZAWWFHI7HCO

Windows 64bit
BP4XWKMHVEJUTS4BL5AXNGKQRUHD6TYPU

MacOSX
BR3G7RIUGUUV2AJIBMLDDHQMSTJHISPUF
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:38:17 pm by cn-members »
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.