Author Topic: Launch Party Website 1.0 Milestone - Donating 10,000 BTS  (Read 4745 times)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
If we will pool funds for some kind of promotional give away. I would be willing to donate. I'll match the 10K BTS

Anyone else want to add some funds to the pool? A massive giveaway will be one of many incentives to support us that day.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Save the launch party for the unveiling of the new bitshares.org website because that will be the final launch.

Party if you like, but this next release will be an incremental update on our way to version 1.0 which is when the real party should begin.

Will paid delegates be ready in the next release? I think it is crucial that we get our killer feature ready as soon as possible, especially so the community can begin to work out all the "soft" community systems that has to exist around it, like transparency etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Save the launch party for the unveiling of the new bitshares.org website because that will be the final launch.

Party if you like, but this next release will be an incremental update on our way to version 1.0 which is when the real party should begin.

This! Save it up for an actual good opportunity.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mavisjames

• View Profile
If we will pool funds for some kind of promotional give away. I would be willing to donate. I'll match the 10K BTS
Pmp2K9S5t15hTEkrrFk1cfieb2Y2eVR6YG

BTSX ID: mdyyz

Offline gamey

• View Profile

4. Introduce some fun into our space that will encourage others to write about it

After trying to motivate people to help/do things, I have really come to the conclusion that this is necessary.  I've also picked this up from some of  the videos people have posted on here.  Creating fun.. not sure how to do it.  Maybe Fuz is on the right idea with the use of video game tournaments? 

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

I'm fine with that strategy. It'll give us a little more time for planning.
=============

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
I will start by offering 10,000 BTS for some type of giveaway for anyone that is present during the event. I'll let others more creative come up with a good concept, I'm willing to put up the funds.  The idea of the launch party is to tackle 4 major items:

1. Getting people that might have lost interest in Bitshares, that are registered on the forum, back on the forum
2. Encourage crypto enthusiasts ranging from those on Bitcointalk to those 120k+ Doge twitter follows to give us another look
3. Push viral campaigns to announce the new client
4. Introduce some fun into our space that will encourage others to write about it

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:01:15 pm by hpenvy »
=============

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I really like this idea.  My first thought were smartass answers like youtube hangouts with dancing girls!! Then I realize it isn't possible so I wasn't sure.  It would be fun to have some sort of party.

I like the concept, it is just hard for me to come up with a suitable launch party.  The best I can think of is youtube hangouts but people have to be willing to be on camera etc.  I don't know.  I'm not a particularly charismatic person, all I can do is get drunk and act the fool and thats about the limits of my abilities.

Publicity stunt?  Maybe someone could like sacrifice something .. and we could make it into a fundraising drive for something.  Then we can promote the fundraiser which would be tied into the launch ?  Is there a way to do a fundraiser where we could trade off time?  Like we do a certain thing for 24 hours.. people donate BTS to this.. then we give the money to someone.  Not sure though, it would be hard to get donations to make it significant and if we want people donating BTS is makes it more even difficult.

If we want to do this, we need to narrow down the list of things to do and try to weigh them to the amount of fun created.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Have we considered a launch party for the new client? It would be great if we could make a big deal around promoting it over 24 hours. Here's a few ideas, I'd like to here yours:

* Email sent out to all forum members to meet in a specific thread/board for the launch party
- Mumble session talking about ways to spread the word and organizing pushes
- Social media blitz - Getting all our twitter, reddit, FB ducks in a row
- Press release ready to launch
- Giveaways established (I'm willing to help toward the donations)
- Membership drive
- Bitcointalk and other crypto forum posts

Edit:

"Save the launch party for the unveiling of the new bitshares.org website because that will be the final launch.

Party if you like, but this next release will be an incremental update on our way to version 1.0 which is when the real party should begin." - bytemaster

Agreed
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 08:18:02 pm by hpenvy »
=============