Author Topic: John Underwood Visit  (Read 44182 times)

Offline underwun

• Life Matters
    • View Profile
Underwun, it's great to see that you are back, and still have plans for using Bitshares for remittances!

Thank you :-) never left, not for a second...
There's a reason for everything and if there isn't there should be...

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Underwun, it's great to see that you are back, and still have plans for using Bitshares for remittances! 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Pheonike

i hope there will be some solid thing not just some empty plan.

Hi a couple of questions

Where do you fit, are you,

A purveyor of doom, simply crapping on everyone and everything?

Tired of prolonged hope, when nothing seems to work?

A critical, skeptical analyst, keen to focus attention on weak arguments?

If you are a purveyor of doom, simply crapping on everyone and everything
  • We will determine from your response whether this is your tag, if so we''' know to ignore you moving fwd.
If you are tired of prolonged hope, when nothing seems to work
  • We understand the disappointment, we have watched and listened to lions of tech like Andreessen or huge egos like Andreas paint pictures of potential with no evidence of plausible paths to success.
  • It's no surprise you are feeling dejected, so much was pinned on radical transformation. Transformation that might have worked but for Karpeles's ineptness and Lawsky's need for publicity.
  • If this label sits well sits well, time will tell if we lift your spirits
If you are a critical, skeptical analyst, keen to focus attention on weak arguments
  • We need you, if you are a serious analyst good at analysing deficiencies, then you are valuable and your objectivity is welcome.
Hopefully   
  • You aren't a miserable fool envious of capable people  but someone that believes that we have a responsibility to see decentralised tech disintermediate greedy institutions.

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile

Hi a couple of questions

• We will determine from your response whether this is your tag, if so we''' know to ignore you moving fwd.
  • We understand the disappointment, we have watched and listened to lions of tech like Andreessen or huge egos like Andreas paint pictures of potential with no evidence of plausible paths to success.
  • It's no surprise you are feeling dejected, so much was pinned on radical transformation. Transformation that might have worked but for Karpeles's ineptness and Lawsky's need for publicity.
If you are a critical, skeptical analyst, keen to focus attention on weak arguments
  • We need you, if you are a serious analyst good at analysing deficiencies, then you are valuable and your objectivity is welcome.
Hopefully   
  • You aren't a miserable fool envious of capable people  but someone that believes that we have a responsibility to see decentralised tech disintermediate greedy institutions.

Damn, Mr. Underwood, you are really good at responding to FUD. Have you and Stan been comparing notes?  :P
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
 +5%
Well played, sir.

Offline underwun

• Life Matters
    • View Profile

Hi a couple of questions

Hopefully   
There's a reason for everything and if there isn't there should be...

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline hodor

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hodor
Here's a face we think you'll be seeing a lot of in the coming year.  John Underwood, an accomplished Aussie entrepreneur currently based in the Philippines, spent a couple of days with us in Virginia.  He's got Big Plans to extend our technology into the remittance industry.  You are going to like it.

Back Live

Hi guys good to be back, my apologies for my silence but I promise you this duck, whilst silent, has been paddling 24/7 beneath the surface.

In summary, after considerable due diligence we came to believe that the dynamics of the market were so restrictive that unless we focused on the root cause we could neither speak nor execute with conviction.

As a consequence we went back to first principles and worked through the issues as we saw them and now after many months of back and forth on how and why, we are getting ready to reveal our plans to the community.

We have a few conversations to go over the next few days but I am pleased to say that we are close to becoming more vocal...

Take care and maybe grab a seat, life is too short to bet on a hope

Underwun

+5%

hodor!
Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor, hodor hodor.

Offline EstefanTT

I propose the title "Official FUD King" for Krills.

At most the FUD prince, he is trying but you can feel that he has some doubt about his own FUD.
Newmine is the king. The guy is 100% commited to his FUD, he spends hours every week FUDing the forum ;)

Sorry Krill, you just don't have the same level of passion for your art ;D

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
A pioneering technology will have dozens of these things. People drift in and drift out, talk about big plans, and maybe these happen or maybe they don't. For every ten of these you hear about, you're lucky if a couple of them follow through and stick. The rest won't and this is quite typical. ALso, in defense of potential partners, this has been a pretty long haul in terms of waiting for the basic technology to be created to a point where anyone could plug into it. We may see a few of these partners resurface when there's something they can actually use.

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
 +5%

Underwun-  Thanks for the update!  Best of luck and godspeed!

Offline Krills

• View Profile

::)
This title belong to Stan.
and i add one more,The king of Hot air.

Offline lakerta06

Offline Krills

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Here's a face we think you'll be seeing a lot of in the coming year.  John Underwood, an accomplished Aussie entrepreneur currently based in the Philippines, spent a couple of days with us in Virginia.  He's got Big Plans to extend our technology into the remittance industry.  You are going to like it.

Back Live

Hi guys good to be back, my apologies for my silence but I promise you this duck, whilst silent, has been paddling 24/7 beneath the surface.

In summary, after considerable due diligence we came to believe that the dynamics of the market were so restrictive that unless we focused on the root cause we could neither speak nor execute with conviction.

As a consequence we went back to first principles and worked through the issues as we saw them and now after many months of back and forth on how and why, we are getting ready to reveal our plans to the community.

We have a few conversations to go over the next few days but I am pleased to say that we are close to becoming more vocal...

Take care and maybe grab a seat, life is too short to bet on a hope

Underwun

Wow, nice. I thought for sure you guys just kind of evaporated away after not hearing anything all this time. Glad to see I was wrong. Can't wait to see what you have in store.

+5% and good luck!