Author Topic: John Underwood Visit  (Read 44186 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
@underwun

I'am also impressed with Dan's achievement.

He is sharedropping the new coins to themselves and dumping the old coins on the new suckers. I invested in BTS development trough AGS so I can tell you from my own experience. First it was the Protoshares holders, then the Angelshare holders, then the Bitshares holders and now the Brownie holders. Who know what is next? IDentabit holders.

Can you imagine yourself in their position? Best of all they have two type of AGS holder.

Are you sure there are your only option? Have you thought about alternatives?

Good luck with your project.

So let me see if I understand your point.

As an AGS holder who donated after the BTS snapshot on 2/28/2014 you were not expecting any free BTS, but you got them anyway via the merger and are now getting a nice fat sharedrop through them.

(Further, you got AGS much cheaper after 2/28/2014 than those who donated before that date, so relative to your donation, you are actually getting many more AGS than pre 2/28 donors.)

You are now lobbying that you should get another 10%, so that you get double-dip credit for both your original AGS and the free BTS you got when AGS was merged into BTS.

And you want your extra 10% to be taken away from those who have been donating their time and energy to the project to help build the ecosystem for you and everybody else.

Does that about sum it up?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:38:21 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile
@underwun

I'am also impressed with Dan's achievement.

He is sharedropping the new coins to themselves and dumping the old coins on the new suckers. I invested in BTS development trough AGS so I can tell you from my own experience. First it was the Protoshares holders, then the Angelshare holders, then the Bitshares holders and now the Brownie holders. Who know what is next? IDentabit holders.

Can you imagine yourself in their position? Best of all they have two type of AGS holder.

Are you sure there are your only option? Have you thought about alternatives?

Good luck with your project.

Offline fuzzy

@underjohn @fuzzy

Good afternoon John, this is ken in Munich. I listened to your entire mumble with fuzzy and the crew and was very impressed. Very philosophical actually, it was engaging all the way through.

I'll get right to it.
We would be absolutely honored to have you join our Philosophy Panel at the upcoming BitShares Munich Expo and help you guys promote IDentabit with BitShares:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UnldiptL8n5o1iWIEMhrSfh1f6OpOUkqPMtfZXO8xpU/edit

Would you be available for a brief skype chat early next week? (skype: kenCode_de)
Please advise, my entire team here looks forward to meeting you.
Sincerely, ken

I'm loving the entire evolution.  Watching it all break into a spectrum of chains that carry different types of weight and meet varying demands.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@underjohn @fuzzy

Good afternoon John, this is ken in Munich. I listened to your entire mumble with fuzzy and the crew and was very impressed. Very philosophical actually, it was engaging all the way through.

I'll get right to it.
We would be absolutely honored to have you join our Philosophy Panel at the upcoming BitShares Munich Expo and help you guys promote IDentabit with BitShares:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UnldiptL8n5o1iWIEMhrSfh1f6OpOUkqPMtfZXO8xpU/edit

Would you be available for a brief skype chat early next week? (skype: kenCode_de)
Please advise, my entire team here looks forward to meeting you.
Sincerely, ken
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Never hurts to ask. John, have you by any chance attended Brookings Blum Roundtable? Just thought of asking since I saw this on reddit https://medium.com/@Cryptonight/presenting-bitcoin-remittances-at-the-brookings-blum-roundtable-2015-9b13b46cf336
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline yellowecho

Great to see you back on the forum, John!  8)  I'm very much looking forward to the big reveal (especially since I have expiring shorts that're draining me)  :P
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
John,  can you tell more about the project?  thanks.

Thx alt

Based on conversations with Team Larimer I expect we will pre-announce the project to the community next week or the week after.

We are ready to announce just paying respect to other planned announcements.

can't wait to see

+ 1
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Thx alt

Based on conversations with Team Larimer I expect we will pre-announce the project to the community next week or the week after.

can't wait to see

Offline underwun

• Life Matters
    • View Profile

Thx alt

There's a reason for everything and if there isn't there should be...

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline underwun

• Life Matters
    • View Profile
Wow! Great news! Glad to see you back John. I can only imagine the regulatory dots that needed connecting in order to make your project work successfully. Good seeing you have conviction and tenacity to see this project thru. It's a beast of a task! Hope to hear some great news in the near future [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One things for sure, it will stimulate discussion  ;) Thank you for the encouragement, when revealed I look fwd to your feedback.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
wish bts2.0 works

Offline underwun

• Life Matters
    • View Profile
+5%

Underwun-  Thanks for the update!  Best of luck and godspeed!

We need all the speed we can muster :-) thank you

Offline emailtooaj

Wow! Great news! Glad to see you back John. I can only imagine the regulatory dots that needed connecting in order to make your project work successfully. Good seeing you have conviction and tenacity to see this project thru. It's a beast of a task! Hope to hear some great news in the near future [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline underwun

• Life Matters
    • View Profile
A pioneering technology will have dozens of these things. People drift in and drift out, talk about big plans, and maybe these happen or maybe they don't. For every ten of these you hear about, you're lucky if a couple of them follow through and stick. The rest won't and this is quite typical. ALso, in defense of potential partners, this has been a pretty long haul in terms of waiting for the basic technology to be created to a point where anyone could plug into it. We may see a few of these partners resurface when there's something they can actually use.

So right, in our case we never left, we just had to step back and rework our beliefs and challenge what could be done and then commence working through the issues as to how and what...so many projects have been started based on 70% hope, 20% substance and 10% digilgence.

We believe in the tech and as big project guys we believe in Dan's unique capacity to deliver.

When you look at the cock-up at Ethereum where unguided inexperienced brilliance, creates nothing but hope and disappointment, Dan's achievement are nothing but really impressive.