Author Topic: Newbie needs some advice on price  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Hi everyone,
I am new to BitShares but I think it has some great potential. I am looking to buy some BTSX but I would like some advice.

1) Is 6,000 satoshi's a good price or should I wait?

Imo it is a good price, I bought a lot more when we went down to 6000 sat, and again when we went down to 5000. 
While it is true that the price is up over the past week, it is still below where it has been for the past two months. 

It looks to me that you would be buying early in a new rise, which is a great time to buy.

Of course nothing is guaranteed, and you are responsible for your decisions. 

2) When the merge happens will my BTSX just be renamed BTS? I am a little confused about this.

Yes, not much changes for BTSX.   If you just have shares on the exchange, nothing happens excpet a rename.  If on the client, you download a new client version and thats it.

3) When I get the BTS will I get snapshots on upcoming projects or is that only for PTS?

Probably just PTS, but it all depends on what 3rd party developers decide to do.
At this point, all known snapshots are done, so it would only be future unknown project. 

I wouldnt buy PTS at this point until it falls to .0005 btc. 

4) What do you think 1 BTS will be in 5 years?

Impossible to predict.  If Bitshares is still around and doing well in 5 years, it will be much higher than today.  Or it might have died.

Don't put any money into this that you cannot afford to lose, or that you will need soon.

For money that you can afford to risk, Bitshares is an excellent buy.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

chryspano

Hi everyone,
I am new to BitShares but I think it has some great potential. I am looking to buy some BTSX but I would like some advice.

2) When the merge happens will my BTSX just be renamed BTS? I am a little confused about this.
3) When I get the BTS will I get snapshots on upcoming projects or is that only for PTS?

Thanks guys. :) Looking forward to your advice and opinions. I apologize if these are stupid questions.

1) If you are not sure you can start buying very small quantities every day over a large period of time.
2) Yes they will be renamed. Also if you have any AGS, PTS, DNS you will get some more BTS (you will need to import your wallet/wallets)
3) New snapshots will honor BTS but noone is stopping  anyone from honoring also pts/ags, bitshares play honors both bts and pts/ags.
4) >10$ or 0

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

Thanks guys. :) Looking forward to your advice and opinions. I apologize if these are stupid questions.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:59:48 pm by islandking »
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi