Author Topic: BTSX to BTS transition snapshot?  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Okay thanks for clarifying. So what about FUTURE projects? Will the shares be awarded to BTS owners?

If 3rd party devs make something and choose to sharedrop to BTS, then yes.  But they will probablysharedrop to PTS instead. 

If the main development team of Bitshares was to come out with a Bitshares 2.0, they would almost certainly sharedrop most of the shares of it to current BTS holders.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rune

• View Profile
The current BTSX blockchain will be renamed BTS and the sharedrops will be done to the other coins. BTSX holders unaffected and do not have to have to do anything - from our perspective it will just be a simple client update that changes the name.

Okay thanks for clarifying. So what about FUTURE projects? Will the shares be awarded to BTS owners?

Nothing can compete with a superDAC in the long run. Any future blockchain projects external to ours, we can have our delegates copy whatever valuable features they have and implement them on our own blockchain. So from now on any real innovation in the crypto industry will be instantly implemented into BTS, so as a BTS holder you will get a share of everything the industry has to offer. This darwinian reality is what made the creation of BTS necessary in the first place since the entire bitshares ecosystem would have been cannibalized if another community created a super blockchain before us.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
The current BTSX blockchain will be renamed BTS and the sharedrops will be done to the other coins. BTSX holders unaffected and do not have to have to do anything - from our perspective it will just be a simple client update that changes the name.

I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
1) Will I need my BTSX off the exchanges in order to qualify for my BTS from BTSX?

2) Will all future projects be airdropped to BTS holders?
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi