Author Topic: Running DACs as political representatives in traditional elections  (Read 4825 times)

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
I am not sure it would work because someone still would program the algorithms and thus creating a weakness to the system. Besides, there are just too many intricacies of politics that would not feasibly be possible. Introducing legislation, bipartisan cooperation, tough decisions that may be necessary like war or investigations.
Well, that's I guess what makes blockchain technology essential for such solutions. Software has to be open source. Protocols have to be open standards and only work with consensus.

Does anyone more about placeavote? Any contacts yet?

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Why is this sub-forum not in the graveyard like the rest of them?

bitSaphire?

Why do you want to censor a relevant question?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

zerosum

Why is this sub-forum not in the graveyard like the rest of them?

bitSaphire?

Offline Riverhead

If a company can be a person why not a DAC? With enough money I'm sure you could make it stick.

Ggozzo

I am not sure it would work because someone still would program the algorithms and thus creating a weakness to the system. Besides, there are just too many intricacies of politics that would not feasibly be possible. Introducing legislation, bipartisan cooperation, tough decisions that may be necessary like war or investigations.

My friends and I have been talking about this for years.  It would be possible is to have a decentralized candidate in another way. With the present technology, all one would need is to be able make a website and an App that constituents can log into and vote on whatever issues the candidate is to vote on.  Then majority wins and the candidate would be bound by his campaign promise to vote in favor of the majority. Of course there would have to be minimum levels of participation where the candidate would choose his preferred vote. The website would also have to be able to verify the voter is a constituent and be secure from special interest attacks of submitting multiple votes or fake votes.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Why not replace "Congress" with software? The DAC could become the political candidate. The participants in the DAC could then vote in the traditional elections to elect the DAC into office as a virtual congressman. The DAC then would use algorithms and "Big Data" to learn the preferences of it's owners and from there it could vote accordingly.

Why couldn't it work? I'm convinced it can work and can replace representative democracy with a decentralized autonomous representative or algorithmic direct democracy.

In order for this to be possible it first has to be proven that algorithms are better able to represent humans than other humans are.

References
http://motherboard.vice.com/en_ca/read/the-startup-trying-to-replace-congress-with-software-has-two-candidates-running
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads