Author Topic: Check Your Allocation - Episode II: Check It Again  (Read 30465 times)

Offline Bitty

• View Profile
If one is not occupied full time with bitshares, it is really hard to keep up with all this.

I have been a PTS holder during the double snapshot.
How can I find out how many BTS I will receive, how and when to get them?

I have the latest BTS OSX client installed but no BTS balance yet after importing succesfully the PTS key.

Thank you for helping me out

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
For that allocation I'm not giving numbers because it'll just make you feel bad because it's not much. Also it was never promised before deciding to give the bonus so there is no "correct" amount - the call for how much to give vs normal balances and exchange unclaimed balances was made manually.

I don't understand.  According to this I would expect  something that does not make the ones that got burned feel bad:

This allocation should [..] make everyone who purchased DNS whole. 

Quote from: toast
"BTC38 (and now BTER) retroactive snapshot - lots of DNS holders made whole"
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10446.0

My DNS sharedrop ration seems to be 0.0166 and yes this makes me feel bad and nowhere near 'made whole'.
So it seems to show no sign of compensation.  To make it a bit more tangible: that roughly an 75% loss (cut by half twice)

It looks like other people on this thread have other ratios. I already asked multiple times for help to look into it, but nobody could help me.
Just throw me a link or the method. I don't need polished tools. If I can get there using grep/sed/cat I should be fine.

For convenience, the questions again:
- (How) can I map/link the incoming transactions to the keys that are holding the DNS?
- Or how can I check how many DNS a key holds? rtfm + a pointer will work for me :)
- Further, is it correct that the DNS which have been moved before BM's post should have gotten some compensation and therefore should show a higher sharedrop ratio than 0.0166/0.0186?

Further, can someone explain how "make everyone who purchased DNS whole"  turned into  "'not giving numbers because it'll just make you feel bad because it's not much"?
If I am wrong or missed something, let me know.

I feel the same as you... I think I missed something too... or I am way more stupid than I thought(?)...
I am certainly confused right now... sorry... maybe later on I am better....

Offline bobb

• View Profile
For that allocation I'm not giving numbers because it'll just make you feel bad because it's not much. Also it was never promised before deciding to give the bonus so there is no "correct" amount - the call for how much to give vs normal balances and exchange unclaimed balances was made manually.

I don't understand.  According to this I would expect  something that does not make the ones that got burned feel bad:

This allocation should [..] make everyone who purchased DNS whole. 

Quote from: toast
"BTC38 (and now BTER) retroactive snapshot - lots of DNS holders made whole"
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10446.0

My DNS sharedrop ration seems to be 0.0166 and yes this makes me feel bad and nowhere near 'made whole'.
So it seems to show no sign of compensation.  To make it a bit more tangible: that roughly an 75% loss (cut by half twice)

It looks like other people on this thread have other ratios. I already asked multiple times for help to look into it, but nobody could help me.
Just throw me a link or the method. I don't need polished tools. If I can get there using grep/sed/cat I should be fine.

For convenience, the questions again:
- (How) can I map/link the incoming transactions to the keys that are holding the DNS?
- Or how can I check how many DNS a key holds? rtfm + a pointer will work for me :)
- Further, is it correct that the DNS which have been moved before BM's post should have gotten some compensation and therefore should show a higher sharedrop ratio than 0.0166/0.0186?

Further, can someone explain how "make everyone who purchased DNS whole"  turned into  "'not giving numbers because it'll just make you feel bad because it's not much"?
If I am wrong or missed something, let me know.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
If anyone still has problems, please post:
1) The address, and what you expect
2) What you actually see

That's good for the advanced members... they will see the problems
and they will be resolved because they mention them here... What about the newbies or investors they don't have time to come on the forum to see these posts?
Is it possible that some of them don't get the expected allocation? It will harm us if  they find out to late that they don't received what they expected... Am I missing something?

That's why the advanced members check. We can't check every individual balance. If something affects only users who don't bother checking, that's bad luck. What am I supposed to do? Re-validate it again using yet another source?

Toast, can you tell us, or link us to, a page that tells us what we should expect given what kinds of balances? I'd be delighted to tell you what I expect to see in my allocation, but I have no idea what it should be. I'm talking mostly about the allocation that's for people who had non-genesis balances at the time of Bytemaster's market-crashing announcement.

Ok so not generating the values for you was just lazy, my bad. The point was those values are a gift and can't be "wrong".

Despite cleaning out I3's DNS, this does not actually add up to much extra because BM underestimated how much stake exchanges had started trading but not claimed (buyers on BTC38).

Code: [Select]
bts to bonus: 5071959
bts for exchanges: 3381306
bts for on-chain: 1690653
total claimed DNS outside of exchanges 1402149418
BTS per DNS for normal claimed balances 0.00120575810763
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 04:45:41 pm by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
2) What you actually see

and they will be resolved because they mention them here... What about the newbies or investors they don't have time to come on the forum to see these posts?
Is it possible that some of them don't get the expected allocation? It will harm us if  they find out to late that they don't received what they expected... Am I missing something?

That's why the advanced members check. We can't check every individual balance. If something affects only users who don't bother checking, that's bad luck. What am I supposed to do? Re-validate it again using yet another source?

Toast, can you tell us, or link us to, a page that tells us what we should expect given what kinds of balances? I'd be delighted to tell you what I expect to see in my allocation, but I have no idea what it should be. I'm talking mostly about the allocation that's for people who had non-genesis balances at the time of Bytemaster's market-crashing announcement.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline vikram

I forgot to update the OP when the genesis.json changed.

Here's the real thing:
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/blob/master/libraries/blockchain/genesis_bts.json?raw=true

You need to link to a particular commit instead of pages that will change.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I'll load my wallets tonight but I didn't ever do anything interesting or much trading so I find it unlikely that I would trigger a bug.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline toast

• View Profile
2) What you actually see

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
2) What you actually see

Offline bobb

• View Profile
@toast: How can I map/link the incoming transactions to the keys that are holding the DNS?
Or how can I check how many DNS a key holds? rtfm + a pointer will work for me :)

Further, is it correct that the DNS which have been moved before BM's post should have gotten some compensation and therefore should show a higher sharedrop ratio than 0.0166/0.0186?

Thanks!

Offline toast

• View Profile
@ffwong   "Balances" is the original genesis balance. "bts_sharedrop" is the sharedrop.

2) What you actually see

Offline ffwong

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fftt
@toast

In the genesis file, there are two sections, "balances" and "bts_sharedrop". I can understand the meaning of each occurrence of the address in "bts_sharedrop". But I don't understand the values in "balances". I found that addresses from my BTC and PTS wallets have small values in "balances".

Should I include the values in "balances" in calculating my total extra BTS obtained due to merger?

BTW, I found betax's site accounts only "bts_sharedrop". Which one (exclude or include "balances") is correct?

Cast me some votes. I am running:
- dragonball for Bitshares 2.0 net
- delegate.fftt for PTS (DPOS) net

Offline bobb

• View Profile
I also kind of wonder why that account contains >200 keys.
To see if that might be a problem with the bitbalance site I rechecked each key in the genesis_bts file.
But the result is the same. Just 10 keys found their way into the genesis file.

For me it looks like most of the keys don't hold any balance. I wonder why, as I haven't done anything fancy with that account.
Also it seems that the DNS compensation is not included, yet (as the ratio is 0.0166, see above post).

Can anyone comment on my findings or point me to what I am missing here ? :)

Thanks in advance!

Offline bobb

• View Profile
I take it this is only for the Nov 5 snapshot, and it doesn't include the AGS rescue funds that I3 is giving people who had non-genesis balance during BM's announcement.
This should have everything.

Mhh, for me it does not add up:

If https://bitbalance.azurewebsites.net/ is correct my DNS sharedrop ratio is 0.0166.
Even though more than 85% of my DNS balance was withdrawn from bter (before BM's post).

Or am I missing something?

Offline skystone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: skystone
I use the wallet_account_list_public_key command, but find out that none of the address have balance,who can help me?

Use this
https://bitbalance.azurewebsites.net/
Thanks! I find my balance finally. There is the last thing to be checked:  there are two balance under the "key..." address,  is the small one BM's pre-announcement airdrop?  The ratio is about 15:1, is that correct? I've supposed that the ratio will be 1:1. Never mind if i make any misunderstanding.