Author Topic: Don't be surprised if Counterparty surpasses Bitshares today.  (Read 2702 times)

Offline fuzzy

It doesn't matter. I don't care what position BitShares is in; when this is ready for prime time, it will go much, much higher.

It matters a lot for marketing. You have to realize that one of the most important aspects of marketing is perceived rank.

If Counterparty overtakes Bitshares today then millions could flow out of Bitshares to Counterparty in a panic. We saw some weird activity with Ripple but that wasn't a legitimate overtake of the Bitshares market cap.

I understand your concern, people do indeed panic buy/sell.  I just make it a habit of not worrying about something I can't directly affect. All we can do is push forward with our plan and do our best to execute as clean as possible.

Nobody that understands the fallacy behind proof of waste is going to be panicking or selling, to buy into any proof of waste.

I wouldn't hold your breath.  Governments have been running on proof of waste for centuries.

Agreed here.  Just goes to show that the the people in crypto and  centralized bitcoin media either
A) Prioritize their own power and enrichment to actually teaching others of better ways.
or
B) they know of some "free energy" tech about to be released.

Lol...ive learned it is generally naive to think positively when it comes to the motives of most people in this space, however...so my bets are NOT on number 2.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
It doesn't matter. I don't care what position BitShares is in; when this is ready for prime time, it will go much, much higher.

It matters a lot for marketing. You have to realize that one of the most important aspects of marketing is perceived rank.

If Counterparty overtakes Bitshares today then millions could flow out of Bitshares to Counterparty in a panic. We saw some weird activity with Ripple but that wasn't a legitimate overtake of the Bitshares market cap.

I understand your concern, people do indeed panic buy/sell.  I just make it a habit of not worrying about something I can't directly affect. All we can do is push forward with our plan and do our best to execute as clean as possible.

Nobody that understands the fallacy behind proof of waste is going to be panicking or selling, to buy into any proof of waste.

I wouldn't hold your breath.  Governments have been running on proof of waste for centuries.

You are talking apples and oranges here.  Bitcoin proof of waste benefits nobody, so it is really waste, for everyone.

The wasteful stuff governments do may be wasteful to most of us, but it is at least beneficial to the guys at the tops of the hierarchies.  And once we learn how to build our consensus building abilities in a much more intelligent, efficient, and larger way (i.e. way more people) than hierarchies do, nobody will be investing in any hierarchy/bureaucracy, ever again.

Offline wasthatawolf

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Looks like both bitcoin and counterparty have cooled off now.  Should be a consolidation period now before another rise, so they arent hitting #4 today.  This might have been the top in counterparty.  Its up like 400% from its low a month ago.  When bitshares went up 400% in august we know what happened next.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile

Nobody that understands the fallacy behind proof of wast is going to be panicking or selling, to buy into any proof of waste.

+5%

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:25:05 pm by Brent.Allsop »

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Actually, it doesn't look like they'll pass BitShares. The massive rise in the past couple hours was from Poloniex somehow pumping the price up to 0.045, when there are walls totaling nearly 100 BTC up to 0.025 over on BTER. Looks like the pump is already dying down back to the low 0.02 levels.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
The rate they are rising it looks like that could be causing the pump in Bitcoin price.

It has gone up over 112% in the last 24 hours. It went from $4 to $11.50 and appears to be reaching an all time high.

It has Overstock behind it, and now the people crazy about Ethereum may be hedging their bets. I honestly don't know where the money is coming from but considering Overstock is developing something it could be related to the stock exchange project too.

Maybe some hedge fund or other big entities has been convinced to get in on that? Thousands of Bitcoins are flowing into Counterparty in an unrealistic speed.

Exciting news. They've effectively took a huge bite out of Ethereum's perceived first mover advantage with turing complete scripting.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The rate they are rising it looks like that could be causing the pump in Bitcoin price.

It has gone up over 112% in the last 24 hours. It went from $4 to $11.50 and appears to be reaching an all time high.

It has Overstock behind it, and now the people crazy about Ethereum may be hedging their bets. I honestly don't know where the money is coming from but considering Overstock is developing something it could be related to the stock exchange project too.

Maybe some hedge fund or other big entities has been convinced to get in on that? Thousands of Bitcoins are flowing into Counterparty in an unrealistic speed.

Counterparty is having their breakout move just like bitshares did in late august when bitAssets came out.

Money is flowing in to them from every other altcoin, including bitshares. 

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Maybe some hedge fund or other big entities has been convinced to get in on that? Hundreds of Bitcoins are flowing into Counterparty in an unrealistic speed.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:15:33 pm by luckybit »