Author Topic: Invictus Innovations to Return PTS Donations  (Read 36761 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Unsurprisingly neither Dan nor Stan have yet given a plausible reason for this decision. Besides the obligatory memes they have yet failed to address suspicion.
You make a business decision that reeks of covering up fraud and decide to better not address the circumstances, but post funny pictures of cartoon characters instead?

Yet the brainwashed plus 5ers are content with the notion of 'free money'.

Really, this is ridiculous. Nobody in this community questions anything at all, although suspicious decisions seem to basically be the backbone of Invictus' business plan.

Perhaps you can make an argument on why we shouldn't.

good point!!! Pls can somebody explain me, what it's changing then? You got your stake etc. and now you can get your PTS back and *pls correct me, if i'm wrong*  stakes in future DACs … and if this not you can sell it and buy more BTS ... so in my opinion a WIN-WIN …

Just my 2 cents... and pls correct me if i'm thinking wrong with this ... thx
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

Unsurprisingly neither Dan nor Stan have yet given a plausible reason for this decision. Besides the obligatory memes they have yet failed to address suspicion.
You make a business decision that reeks of covering up fraud and decide to better not address the circumstances, but post funny pictures of cartoon characters instead?

Really, this is ridiculous. Nobody in this community questions anything at all, although suspicious decisions seem to basically be the backbone of Invictus' business plan.

There are a dozen good reasons and few downsides. 

Perhaps you can make an argument on why we shouldn't. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

@Whatsgoingon
Why are you afraid to post with your primary account?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I prefer to see it directly from I3, rather than through others' guesswork. Stan more or less confirmed what you said gamey but not in a direct way, and I fail to see why it wasn't stated more clearly in the OP.

Don't forget that it is a public forum... Our enemy’s are watching and would love to destroy us on a single failure we made...legal or not...
I think the majority (at least on this forum) can explain what are the reasons behind "every" decision is made... We are 4th place in market cap and we have just begun! Is that not convincing enough about decisions made by now(or at least motivating to give some credits)?

PS I miss Adam... (or should I not? ... Many alter-egos of him present here...)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:59:18 pm by liondani »

Offline Whatsgoingon

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline freedisk

• View Profile
Looking forward to PTS2.0 was born

Offline freedisk

• View Profile

Offline Thom

Sorry 'bout that tonyk  ???

I didn't any particular reason confirmed. In fact I got the distinct impression from BM's posts that wasn't the issue. And if it was, why bother posting the info this way?

This horse is dead and so am I for one day.  Nighty night.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

zerosum

I prefer to see it directly from I3, rather than through others' guesswork. Stan more or less confirmed what you said gamey but not in a direct way, and I fail to see why it wasn't stated more clearly in the OP.

I've made my point here, but I'll say it one last time: How does the manor of this communication help the community? It seems to me BM & Stan haven't yet learned their lesson about how not to stimulate a negative response through forum posts.

I do not know (thanks for calling me gamey btw, real honor) but since when anybody is expected to comment on his tax moves (if the rest of the reasoning is self explanatory)?

Offline Thom

I've made my point here, but I'll say it one last time: How does the manor of this communication help the community? It seems to me BM & Stan haven't yet learned their lesson about how not to stimulate a negative response through forum posts.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

zerosum

You can never satisfy everyone in this community. I'm sure someone is going find something negative about this.  ::)

Which is why I would prefer if I3 disclose of their motives for doing so - before someone not in the know makes up some FUD and spreads it as Truth

Yeah, I dislike all this mystery crap. Seems much better to avoid potential negative issues with full disclosure. If I3 /BM / Stan et al have good reasons then they haven't learned from previous mistakes of posting stuff like this in the forum. Hell I'm a huge fan and it raises one of my eyebrows.

It also feels like they're toying around (i.e. manipulating ??) with the community by withholding the reasons. Yet another thread that feels like a game of reality TV "Survivor".

This isn't FUD it's my rationality crying for more info to understand. Why do you post things like this and leave so many guessing? Does that instill a spirit of community? Doesn't it rather just serve to divide it? Just let fresh eyes look at this thread and see if they don't come away puzzled and questioning what BM & Stan are trying to do.

I'll say it again, I don't like mysterious threads like this!

I thought it was answered straight already... but:

If it is significantly tax beneficial for I3. (I am not I3 and I am not a tax expert, but that's what my personal tax experts tell me)
And every donor is geting his/her PTS back.
And alphaBar has his fair (aka mining distribution).

What other disclosure do you or anybody else needs?

Offline Thom

You can never satisfy everyone in this community. I'm sure someone is going find something negative about this.  ::)

Which is why I would prefer if I3 disclose of their motives for doing so - before someone not in the know makes up some FUD and spreads it as Truth

Yeah, I dislike all this mystery crap. Seems much better to avoid potential negative issues with full disclosure. If I3 /BM / Stan et al have good reasons then they haven't learned from previous mistakes of posting stuff like this in the forum. Hell I'm a huge fan and it raises one of my eyebrows.

It also feels like they're toying around (i.e. manipulating ??) with the community by withholding the reasons. Yet another thread that feels like a game of reality TV "Survivor".

This isn't FUD it's my rationality crying for more info to understand. Why do you post things like this and leave so many guessing? Does that instill a spirit of community? Doesn't it rather just serve to divide it? Just let fresh eyes look at this thread and see if they don't come away puzzled and questioning what BM & Stan are trying to do.

I'll say it again, I don't like mysterious threads like this!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

I would have to think it absolves them of any need to aid third party DACs that might have otherwise dropped to PTS.

You need to think bigger, Pinky...   :)

I'm not seeing it, but I don't care to carry on.  Last night I ranted enough to get it out of my system for some time.  In fact I ranted so much I don't recall most of it..  or perhaps I didn't rant enough.

Yes people can sharedrop to BTS but AlphaPTS will not likely use the Nov 5th snapshot after this.  I'm not sure where all this is headed ..

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I would have to think it absolves them of any need to aid third party DACs that might have otherwise dropped to PTS.

You need to think bigger, Pinky...   :)

I'm not seeing it, but I don't care to carry on.  Last night I ranted enough to get it out of my system for some time.  In fact I ranted so much I don't recall most of it..  or perhaps I didn't rant enough.

Yes people can sharedrop to BTS but AlphaPTS will not likely use the Nov 5th snapshot after this.  I'm not sure where all this is headed ..
I speak for myself and only myself.