Author Topic: Delegate Sponsorships  (Read 9912 times)

Offline fuzzy

Maybe Vato_ (kettenblog) can team up with you
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11238.0
for a sponsorship

Not trying to sound like a dick, but I'm failing to see how this is any different than the original issue.  Of course, I see very little difference between having a slate of delegates offering a small % and 1 delegate offering a large % too (other than a larger risk profile for something I have grown to care deeply for protecting)...so I guess it is a moot point.  The people have spoken. 

I am thinking I'm just going to sit it out and continue doing my thing.  Maybe I'll just ask for tips/donations--maybe not. Honestly not sure.  On a brighter note, looks metalallen sent me 768 CNY now that the wallet is completely updated.  :)

Thanks metal.  It will be distributed equally between Gamey, JoeyD, emailtoaj and myself.  Any future tips are appreciated by anyone and will be equally split by all those volunteering to work to record the evolution of the ecosystem and it's people's struggles to reach greatness!
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

Update:  I just looked in my wallet with all blocks synced and it seems someone (ASK-1a2518f8 and ASK-2979b60b) sent me 28,500 BTS.  :)

Thank you whoever you are.

Really ? ASK.... means it's a market order ....
Did you do anything on the market ?

oh...damn shows you how much I use the market :P

I think I may have added something awhile back...like a low priced buy-in for bitUSD.  apparently it never got filled :P 

I see.  This must be the 30 day reset where the funds are given back. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Maybe Vato_ (kettenblog) can team up with you
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11238.0
for a sponsorship

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Update:  I just looked in my wallet with all blocks synced and it seems someone (ASK-1a2518f8 and ASK-2979b60b) sent me 28,500 BTS.  :)

Really ? ASK.... means it's a market order ....
Did you do anything on the market ?
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

Offline fuzzy

Hiring contractors to preform tasks you're not knowledgeable in is standard business practice. What is needed for it not to be considered a kickback is if a fair price is paid for the work and the work is needed.

Whether I do it or you buy ALTPAY tokens it makes no difference.

I haven't read this thread. In this case it actually makes my opinion more relevant. Taking money from the people directly involved in running the platform you're providing a service to, importantly a media service, looks suspect. The reality in this case doesn't matter. I have no doubt about your sincerity and integrity but others will. As a media outlet this perception is your life blood.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

That is the thing. We are not a media outlet in the traditional sense because we focus precisely on providing town hall styled hangouts that invite anyone to have an equal voice despite their stake. It is recorded, put up in both raw and edited formats. No other media outlet that I know of (other than, perhaps, C-SPAN) does this. And they are paid by the american tax payments...they have salaried employees paid for by the ecosystem in which their focus resides (the american political system). They essentially operate off grants.

Now that is fine with me too, but the first grant I just recently received has already been attacked as stealing from people and an act of impaired judgment.

Lets also not forget that of we are to use the standard business practices analogy, that all media operations that do not operate off of payments from tax dollars...work off of sponsorships.

How does this get reconciled?

Oh and to be clear, im not in disagreement about your point about paying someone to run a delegate. I simply do not see how one method can be looked upon as worse than the other...especially when multiple people need to be paid (I intend on expanding the beyond bitcoin group significantly to reach out and show the power of DPOS in the altcoin cryptoshphere).

Thanks for the feedback btw..to all of you. I want to figure out the best way to move forward about this because quite frankly there I no job I'd rather have..than to help log the evolution of our Universe.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:53:22 am by fuzzy »

Offline Riverhead

Hiring contractors to preform tasks you're not knowledgeable in is standard business practice. What is needed for it not to be considered a kickback is if a fair price is paid for the work and the work is needed.

Whether I do it or you buy ALTPAY tokens it makes no difference.

I haven't read this thread. In this case it actually makes my opinion more relevant. Taking money from the people directly involved in running the platform you're providing a service to, importantly a media service, looks suspect. The reality in this case doesn't matter. I have no doubt about your sincerity and integrity but others will. As a media outlet this perception is your life blood.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

zerosum

I would have split the thread but I am no longer a mod here... I had a few not so nice things to say as I see them and decided to stop being a mod before I put them in writing rather than after. Which is semi-related to the part of the discussion that you are not so happy being part of this thread.

As in being independent requires to be independent to the extreme.

So ask somebody else to do the thread-splitting for you.

Offline fuzzy

Using the current rationale, this requires someone else run it for me as  it is literally impossible for me (or many others) to run them on their ownand keep up with the people like xeroc, gamey and riverhead (among others) whonhave literally 20+ years of experience doing so. So I could then be seen as offering kickbacks to someone who runs the delegate for me.  Is this not the case?
NO, You will be paying for service.

And if they are not paid for this, are they going to be seen as requiring other ...more secret forms of payment in the form of special favors?

This choice gives assumes their are only 3 viable options:
1) compete by running running it purely by myself without years of experience in system/network administration, spending my time to gain those skills as opposed to doing what im currently doing, or
2) go without pay
3) have someone else run it for me, but open myself up to literally the same criticisms...only with the added downside of putting the funding of this decentralized project at risk by giving it a (pretty big) central point of failure.

Can you explain what other options im not seeing? Perhaps this is an exercise in vacuity.  Speaking of which, tony take your discussion of my impaired judgment to this thread/poll.
My opinion is in at least several threads as it is. It is well known. And as I told at least 15 people on mumble this last Saturday - I will not be a PLAY holder for long after launch... Not part of that community so to speak. I have seen enough.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11471.0

While you are there, make a vote as the only one against this grass roots marketing and community building effort for the DAC that kindly went far above and beyond the designated 10% PTS and 10% AGS to sharedrop far in excess of what was required by social consensus.

I am trying to infuse our ecosystem with new people and for the first time have been trusted with what I would consider a pretty large allotment to get it done. It was done with funds set aside precisely for this reason and in no way ever belonging to you, me, or anyone but those who intend to use it specifically for promotions.  Can you please give up on this silliness? It isnt even a viable argument given the topic of discussion this post was made incite.

I have stated my friendly advice in the previous post of mine in this thread, what you gonna end up doing is totally your business. so

You pay for service one way or another tony. I guess this thread has turned into something completely different than what it was meant to be... please use your mod privileges and move this portion of the discussion to the poll thread, you crazy bastard..  8)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:35:49 am by fuzzy »

zerosum

Using the current rationale, this requires someone else run it for me as  it is literally impossible for me (or many others) to run them on their ownand keep up with the people like xeroc, gamey and riverhead (among others) whonhave literally 20+ years of experience doing so. So I could then be seen as offering kickbacks to someone who runs the delegate for me.  Is this not the case?
NO, You will be paying for service.

And if they are not paid for this, are they going to be seen as requiring other ...more secret forms of payment in the form of special favors?

1) compete by running running it purely by myself without years of experience in system/network administration, spending my time to gain those skills as opposed to doing what im currently doing, or
2) go without pay
3) have someone else run it for me, but open myself up to literally the same criticisms...only with the added downside of putting the funding of this decentralized project at risk by giving it a (pretty big) central point of failure.

Can you explain what other options im not seeing? Perhaps this is an exercise in vacuity.  Speaking of which, tony take your discussion of my impaired judgment to this thread/poll.
My opinion is in at least several threads as it is. It is well known. And as I told at least 15 people on mumble this last Saturday - I will not be a PLAY holder for long after launch... Not part of that community so to speak. I have seen enough.

While you are there, make a vote as the only one against this grass roots marketing and community building effort for the DAC that kindly went far above and beyond the designated 10% PTS and 10% AGS to sharedrop far in excess of what was required by social consensus.

I am trying to infuse our ecosystem with new people and for the first time have been trusted with what I would consider a pretty large allotment to get it done. It was done with funds set aside precisely for this reason and in no way ever belonging to you, me, or anyone but those who intend to use it specifically for promotions.  Can you please give up on this silliness? It isnt even a viable argument given the topic of discussion this post was made incite.

I have stated my friendly advice in the previous post of mine in this thread, what you gonna end up doing is totally your business. so

Offline fuzzy

2) go without pay

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Now THAT is worth a discussion and fair reasoning ...

zerosum

It is already happening fuzz...the mare fact that you have received said funds stays on the way of seeing the facts stright and is impairing your judgment. You are already unable to see the wrong done by the person who donated them to you...

And I am neither accusing you of stealing the funds nor asking you to work for free. Quite the opposite - I think you deserve far more pay for  what you are already doing now. But the way to achieve this is not through delegated slates... Those delegate slates not only does not provide enough funds to you but is also inherently corrupt system that is fogging your independent view point. In you positions your independency is one of the most important pillars. Receiving funds from someone will make you lean toward the interests of the donors and often not see and understand the community's interests.

[edit]
Let's put it as simple as possible - run a 100% pay delegate fuzz. Burn anything that you find excessive - say if the market cap becomes big burn everything above say 5,000 bitUSD.
It is that simple.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:19:41 pm by tonyk2 »

Offline fuzzy

Saying "fuzz" and "thief" in the same sentence just doesn't make sense to me ..

Something tells me we should get into knock-down drag-out arguments about all this stuff on mumble and record them.  This would be:

A) a great historical archive of our ecosystem's evolution (and those existing within it), and
B) hilarious to look back on when drinking on BitShares Island

I can just see it now.  Gamey is sloshing around his words, Tony is apologizing for his English and Toast is saying "remember when fuzz was bitching over delegate slates?!".  Bytemaster just sitting there with his 8 lady-friends (to represent how he brought the world together, of course). 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 07:12:41 pm by fuzzy »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Saying "fuzz" and "thief" in the same sentence just doesn't make sense to me ..