Author Topic: BTS vs ICE  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Crossover

• View Profile
BTS need to partner with some P2P network like this blogging
http://twister.net.co/
https://joindiaspora.com/
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:44:44 pm by Crossover »

Offline Crossover

• View Profile

It is not a derivative of a derivative. BTS is its own value store and bitUSD is a first-level derivative.
:o, omg
i know, that you guys in i3, bytemaster, Stan, are much smarter then many people, but its awkward moment
 i always thought that store of value could be kept in gold or debt (fiat system), but you going to build store of value on the basis of virtual exchange..

The whole point of this project is to be able to have derivative assets without the "real" backing by using a cryptocurrency as the backing. Otherwise you're just making user-issued assets, why not just use mastercoin then?
nice.. all we need is to partner with Facebook competitor to include their social network into our DAC-OS (or vise versa DAC-OS to Facebuk) then issuing more shares would be even more reasonable...

PS such concept could be understood and accepted mainly by techy, young, "geek" social groups,
for average Joe its all the same if he store his salary on Citibank card or in Apple stocks.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:13:55 pm by Crossover »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
You can already "hold gold" with BTC using counterparty's CFD tools. This just makes them fungible.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile

It is not a derivative of a derivative. BTS is its own value store and bitUSD is a first-level derivative.
i know, that you guys in i3, bytemaster, Stan, are much smarter then many people, but its awkward moment
 i always thought that store of value could be kept in gold or debt (fiat system), but you going to build store of value on the basis of virtual exchange..

The whole point of this project is to be able to have derivative assets without the "real" backing by using a cryptocurrency as the backing. Otherwise you're just making user-issued assets, why not just use mastercoin then?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Crossover

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
When i buying BTS shares, im buying dividends on BitUSD and all other BitXYZs which (dividends) are simple credit line/short costs for traders.

Not exactly, that income goes as dividends to bitUSD holders. BTS gets you dividend from network income which for right now is simply burned / is unprofitable because BTS is still a "startup".

BTS system using own shares (?) btsx as pledged collateral which are simple BTC value expressed in btsx.
Why BTS cant use BTC as collateral?

Bitshares does not control the BTC blockchain. BTS can only do special logic for BTS, it can't seize BTC.

making (by i3 team) virtual derivative of derivatives.

Offline Crossover

• View Profile
1 case.
When i buying ICE (NYSE) stocks im buying two things, dividends inflows and capital gain flows (which is more than 5% i think), NYSE/ICE using USD as collateral for all of their products
https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:ICE

When i buying BTS shares, im buying dividends on BitUSD and all other BitXYZs which (dividends) are simple credit line/short costs for traders.
BTS system using own shares (?) btsx as pledged collateral which are simple BTC value expressed in btsx.
Why BTS cant use BTC as collateral? Is there any way to improve yields?

2 case.
Stan changed whole concept from P2P trading platform (virtual NYSE as i thought)
http://www.coindesk.com/bitshares-p2p-trading-platform-to-offer-dividends-on-bitcoins/
to DAC-OS concept
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10293.0;all
which mean that BTS is gonna be etherium like software toolkit for developers, no real assets, only virtual .

So, our community is not building real world commodities/currencies/stocks exchange, but making (by i3 team) virtual derivative of derivatives.
Am i right?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:29:27 pm by Crossover »