Author Topic: Somoene must've thought Ethercoin was Ethereum  (Read 6619 times)

Offline fuzzy

Even at the far lower valuation ($.69 per ether), if marketcap at launch reflects even half that price, with 1,000,000,000 ether...you are looking at 345 million dollar marketcap right out of the gate.  Tulip frenzy is all I can say. 

Can we get an exact date on Ethereum's launch? 
Will there be more than or less than 1 Billion of them at launch?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Have things "played out"?

Looks like the price is back to normal, if there is such a thing.

What a flash, though, right?

Offline fuzzy

I have told people for a LONG time now (those people please stand up) that Ethercoin was meant to set a precedent that would bring it a market valuation in the billions right out the gate. 

Does anyone have the numbers of how many ethereum are going to be on the market at launch? 

Each Ethercoin (there are only 1,000,000) is exchangeable for 1 Ether.  This is a brilliant maneuver though most will not see why. 

At the current marketcap of Ethercoin, what would each ether in that system be worth? Looks like 32. 

Now lets say there are an initial 1,000,000,000 Ether, we are looking at a Precedent set at 32,000,000,000 marketcap at launch.   THey dictate the reality.  I told you guys from the very beginning Ethereum was backed by the wrong people...but who cares.  Most people will laugh...but just continue watching. 

I didn't invest based on principles...apparently principles always fuck you.

Ethercoin will bring SEC attention...

The SEC is in on it man...

Bought and paid for.  Sure they might get a slap on the wrist, much like the banking cartels do...but it will be a slap they can definitely afford.  Wish I could be saying something contradicting my points, but just watch it play out. 

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
IMHO, we should not be seeing any of the invictus team on the forums right now.  We should be sending them red bulls and telling them to take up arms.

+5% I agree!

Offline fuzzy

It's only because the volume is $1,400.. not hard to manipulate  8)

You see, that doesn't matter.  Not when you have the media in your pocket and can get on Max Keiser without a product.  If you have media paid off you can pretty much get away with anything.  And now the "alternative" media is seeming like it has gained more legitimacy than the "old media"...so their should be no problems getting people to buy in and increase that marketcap in the future. 

You are witnessing an open attack on BitShares guys.  Right now...as we speak.  I wonder if attacking bitcoin using Rune's (admittedly intelligent) idea would help or hurt us.  My guess...it would drive the network effect completely into the arms of our biggest competitor.   Meanwhile we have people complaining about the % stake they got from BitShares PLAY.  Laughable...

IMHO, we should not be seeing any of the invictus team on the forums right now.  We should be sending them red bulls and telling them to take up arms. 

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I have told people for a LONG time now (those people please stand up) that Ethercoin was meant to set a precedent that would bring it a market valuation in the billions right out the gate. 

Does anyone have the numbers of how many ethereum are going to be on the market at launch? 

Each Ethercoin (there are only 1,000,000) is exchangeable for 1 Ether.  This is a brilliant maneuver though most will not see why. 

At the current marketcap of Ethercoin, what would each ether in that system be worth? Looks like 32. 

Now lets say there are an initial 1,000,000,000 Ether, we are looking at a Precedent set at 32,000,000,000 marketcap at launch.   THey dictate the reality.  I told you guys from the very beginning Ethereum was backed by the wrong people...but who cares.  Most people will laugh...but just continue watching. 

Ethercoin will bring SEC attention...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

You are correct about the first part. (I do not agree with the last sentence, though.) Personally, I don't like having billions of any coin. Smaller numbers with a higher value are better. In the end, it won't matter, because we're going to win this race.

Offline fuzzy

Isn't it an IOU for real ether?

Yes, but the 1 million supply of ethercoin doesnt represent anywhere near the total amount of ether. 

Someone probably fat fingered a price 100x what it was worth for a small amount of ethercoin.  (EIther that or its a display bug on coinmarketcap)

That seems to happen all too often with coinmarketcap.  Of course, when you have no competitors...that is what happens.  New World Order starts with banking boys and girls...

Offline yellowecho

It's only because the volume is $1,400.. not hard to manipulate  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline fuzzy

Now lets say there are an initial 1,000,000,000 Ether, we are looking at a Precedent set at 32,000,000,000 marketcap at launch.   They dictate the reality.  I told you guys from the very beginning Ethereum was backed by the wrong people...but who cares.  Most people will laugh...but just continue watching. 

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 06:38:46 am by fuzzy »

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

If you trust them, that is what they claim.

The trading activity looks awfully suspicious, to me, as if someone is trying to get out of Either, before it gets liquid?

But, I don't really know much about it.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Yes, but the 1 million supply of ethercoin doesnt represent anywhere near the total amount of ether. 

Someone probably fat fingered a price 100x what it was worth for a small amount of ethercoin.  (EIther that or its a display bug on coinmarketcap)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Hilarious. Wish I had a bunch to sell on a liquid market, right about...now.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander