Author Topic: Providing good resources to learn about bitshares  (Read 858 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hi Guys,

I've been talking to two peers in my software team and been trying to convey the concept of the bitshares toolkit and a DAC/DAO or whatever. It seems there is not one page which sums up the entire ecosystem with the vision in mind. There should be a writeup which starts from the groundup and ties in ALL of the concepts together which will have a greater effect and this should be linked in, prominently right on our homepage of bitshares.org. (WHAT IS BITSHARES?) This can be also an infographic which shows how things work using images and examples analogous to concepts we know and use today.

As I tried to explain I found myself jumping around from topic to topic, each one I can spend 30 mins on alone as they would have profound effects if integrated into our societies.

I started off by explaining its a crypto-currency and how it compliments bitcoin, great there is a writeup of that here: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares/Why_BitShares

I went how bitshares can replace crowdfunding, talking about how if someone wants to develop software or any kind of work that will aide in making life better for the environment that you can get voted in to do it, so the concept of delegate's, voting(and firing bad delegates here or those who don't do what they were voted in for), funding and developing all tie in here... was hard to explain these all at once.

I diverted to talk about how DAC's that are worked on by delegates will offer share's for their work and talked about the PTS/AGS consensus that were brought in from the initial IPO and how it will continue with future development. They can then sell those shares to fund their development, product. A decentralized funding mechanism tied to voting, sort of ties into our political system. So politicians are responsible for getting certain features implemented into the ecosystem and are voted in, they are funded and pay developers to develop such features. Only features that provide a direct/indirect benefit to shareholders get voted in. Ideas that are stupid to the majority don't happen.. society gains as we use the world's resources in a more efficient manor.

I found this writeup pretty good for SOME of the above concepts: http://bitshares.org/regulation-proof-self-funding-dacs/

It should be noted that any type of decentralized concepts should be driven home and things like turing complete scripts can be mentioned as a way to achieve true decentralization and what this means to our view of the world and how we live, really extrapolate here and make bold statements.

I then went into assets, earning interest and using bitshares as a replacement for stocks/bonds/currency transactions, and how it can replace stock market and the market peg:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/GettingStarted/ELI5

I didn't find any other resources to explain assets/stocks/bonds/currencies properly.

I ended off again stressing the new concepts of variable pay rates for delegates and voting leading to strong consensus driven development cycle's benefiting shareholders and increasing profits through feature's and transaction fee burning. Talked about a typical interest rate of 5-10% YoY to holding assets.

Can we come up with ONE place to put all of this and perhaps infographics? If we don't have anyone that can do them I can get those done just need the details.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag